Windows 10: Windows 10 stuck on Please Wait screen for a long period of time, help

Discus and support Windows 10 stuck on Please Wait screen for a long period of time, help in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For the past week or two, my PC has been suffering from something where it gets stuck on the Please Wait screen for probably 5-10 minutes. It will go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Silverbolt0953, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Windows 10 stuck on Please Wait screen for a long period of time, help

For the past week or two, my PC has been suffering from something where it gets stuck on the Please Wait screen for probably 5-10 minutes. It will go to the login screen and it operates normally* (* I've noticed that I've possibly been having worse performance in games like CoD but it could just be the game itself).

I was aware of this issue until recently due to me turning my computer on then taking care of my morning routine. I've tried going into safe mode but I don't think I have ever been able to; it's not the biggest problem but it gets extremely annoying when I have to restart my PC and wait for 5 minutes to actually use it. I do have windows 10 on a SSD (Samsung 1TB) so I don't think it's a drive problem.

Specs:

i5-7500
    12GB DDR4 RAM
    GTX 1060 6GB
    1TB HDD
    1TB SSD

submitted by /u/Silverbolt0953
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Silverbolt0953, Aug 24, 2020

2. windows update stuck at installation screen and cannot get to desktop

Hi Sue,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Is the computer stuck in the Installing updates screen?
    • For how long is the computer stuck in the screen?
    • When was the computer last updated?
    • Is the screen showing any percentage of installation?

Sometimes the installation might take a long time to install if the update is of large size. So, I suggest you to wait for sometime and check if the system boots to the desktop. If it is taking a longer time, then perform a Power Drain by following the steps
    provided below:

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 24, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Screensaver Wait Time

Hi,

We would like to know more information regarding the issue that you are experiencing with the wait time of your screen saver. For better assistance, please answer the following questions:

• How are you trying to change the screen saver's wait time?
    • Is the option to change the wait time greyed out?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Did you make any recent changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What is the build and version of your Windows 10?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Aug 24, 2020
  4. Taukonza Win User

Windows 10 stuck on Please Wait screen for a long period of time, help

Windows 10 stuck at lock screen for a long time

The whole thing started to appear around 3 days ago. The problem is that everytime I boot, windows 10 stays on a weird lock screen without any buttons for a long long time. There are just 4 icons in the bottom right corner (shut down, accesibility, ethernet...) It sometimes manages to get to desktop, and sometimes not. Not sure what caused it, could be a recent windows update, not sure tho. I ran some HDD scans and everything turned out fine, also did a registry cleanup, tried disabling lock screen, and nothing seems to work. Any suggestions or solutions?

Taukonza, Aug 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 stuck on Please Wait screen for a long period of time, help

1. Windows 10 stuck on Please Wait screen for a long period of time, help - Similar Threads - stuck Please Wait

2. Windows 10 stuck, please wait.....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 stuck, please wait.....: Every time I try to start my asus laptop, after the usual asus logo and Windows logo a blue loading screen appears, please wait. Go on forever.So I tried to uninstall the latest updates, the old quality updates. But it said it couldn't find the latest quality update to...
  3. Windows 10 boot stuck at "Please Wait" for ridiculousy long time

Windows 10 boot stuck at "Please Wait" for ridiculousy long time: Hi, i have windows 10 installed in SSD to a machine with Intel core i5 CPU and 8GB of RAM, and already been runing for almost 2 years now.Usually the start up "please wait" screen on boot after the MB BIOS and windows 10 logo, before User PIN input screen is barely seen.But...
  4. Stuck at please wait

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stuck at please wait: Ive looked into other options, Idk how to do it they require a domain which I do not have since I factory reset my pc, I got this when ever I booted it up in troubleshoot because I turned it on a few times in a row and was being dumb, Anyway I selected restart instead of...
  5. Stuck at welcome screen for unusually long period of time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck at welcome screen for unusually long period of time: Hi, I have been having this issue for quite a long time now. It started post a windows update if I am not wrong. So whenever I restart my PC and enter my pin, it gets stuck for around 10 minutes in the welcome screen. I tried solving this issue using dskchk, DISM tool and...
  6. Stuck on please wait screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck on please wait screen: Hello so im trying to boot into safe mode cuz i could login in my pc i didnt forget password it was stuck on date/time screen and its stuck on blue please wait screen any help?...
  7. Windows 10 Stuck on Please wait..

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Stuck on Please wait..: I tried everything Microsoft can you help? Steps done: Resetting Booting into Safe Mode. CTRL + ALT + DELETE. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-stuck-on-please-wait/c7e73fa1-674f-4b16-8fbf-6923d6f4c612
  8. Stuck on "Please wait" screen

Stuck on "Please wait" screen: Hi, I tried to reinstall my uncle's old pc today and give it a fresh windows 10, but a problem occurred. The installation went smoothly, the pc started and i went to the Windows update setting in the menu. It started downloading the 1909 update, and a few other things like...
  9. Incorrect password leaves me waiting for long periods of time

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Incorrect password leaves me waiting for long periods of time: On occasion, I'll accidentally type in my password or pin incorrectly. Sometimes when this happens I'm left watching a wheel spin over and over again before it tells me that I've typed my password incorrectly. Why does this take so long to tell me my password is incorrect?...
  10. Windows 10 stuck on Please wait screen

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 stuck on Please wait screen: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you start your Windows 10 computer, and it gets stuck on the “Please wait,” screen then here is how you can resolve the issue. After the computer starts, many system services start even before you log-in to the computer. [...] This post Windows 10 stuck...