Windows 10: Windows 10 stuck on "preparing" after reset

Discus and support Windows 10 stuck on "preparing" after reset in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Pls help it's stuck for a couple hours now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HATHATQW, Nov 23, 2020.

1. HATHATQW Win User

Windows 10 stuck on "preparing" after reset

Pls help it's stuck for a couple hours now

:)

HATHATQW, Nov 23, 2020

2. Preparing for reset

Step 1: Backup your files:

Step 2: Choose the best method that suits you for performing a clean install.

you can perform a clean install, several ways:

Option 1:

Option 2:

Option 3:

Step 1: How to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Option 4:

How to Perform a Clean Install of Windows 10 with the Refresh Tool

Andre Da Costa, Nov 23, 2020
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    Win 10 stuck at preparing automatic repair

Hi,

This issue can be caused by system files corruption.

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• On which version of Windows 10 is your device running?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Do you have an installation media for Windows 10 (DVD or USB)?

In the meantime, try performing the troubleshooting steps provided by
    Nyima Yonten
    on this
    thread
    which was found similar and helpful in resolving the issue.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Arjay Dom, Nov 23, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 stuck on "preparing" after reset - Similar Threads - stuck preparing reset

2. Windows 10 Reinstall Stuck at “preparing”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Reinstall Stuck at “preparing”: I was doing a Local Reinstall and it is just stuck at preparing at 62%. It hasn’t even gone to the actual reset process, it is just on the screen right after you click reset on the desktop and it just says “preparing to reset”...
  3. Windows 10 Reinstall Stuck at “preparing”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Reinstall Stuck at “preparing”: I was doing a Local Reinstall and it is just stuck at preparing at 62%. It hasn’t even gone to the actual reset process, it is just on the screen right after you click reset on the desktop and it just says “preparing to reset”...
  4. Windows 10 Reinstall Stuck at “preparing”

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. windows 10 stuck on preparing to reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 stuck on preparing to reset: my computer has me crashing a lot so I thought I might reset it . it is now stuck on 51% on preparing to reset. Can anyone help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-stuck-on-preparing-to-reset/487fee79-38c6-4f10-94fd-1524087eb51d
  6. Preparing Windows stuck!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Preparing Windows stuck!: Hi, I wanted to change my language in Windows 10 to english. I downloaded packages and when I switched language I had to reboot pc. Now it was like 30 minutes ago and I'm stuck on "Preparing Windows. Don't turn off your computer" page. What should I do? I don't want to lose...
  7. Windows stuck on preparing windows after updating lmms

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows stuck on preparing windows after updating lmms: I just updated lmms to 1.2.1 and after rebooting my PC it stuck on preparing windows don't turn off your computer. Please help submitted by /u/hfjim [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h7jrzr/windows_stuck_on_preparing_windows_after_updating/
  8. Windows 10 install stucks on preparing after reboot

Windows 10 install stucks on preparing after reboot: Hi there, First, if you’re reading this, thank you in advance for your time! I’ve been struggling with a fresh/clean install of Windows 10 during the last 3 days. Let me summarize what’s happening; Old pc with a Asus motherboard, legacy BIOS working with the latest...
  9. Windows 10 stuck after resetting

Windows 10 stuck after resetting: I wanted to give my almost new HP windows 10 laptop to someone else so I chose the reset my PC option. I chose remove all of my files and selected totally clean the drive from the troubleshoot options. It began resetting and after it was 100%, the screen that comes the first...
  10. Windows 10 stuck on Preparing Windows screen

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 stuck on Preparing Windows screen: [ATTACH] Many a time when you reboot after a Windows 10 upgrade or just tried login to your account, you might just encounter this screen which says “Preparing Windows“, this could mean that Windows 10 is trying to finish off something [...] This post Windows 10 stuck on...