Windows 10: Windows 10 stuck on "Preparing Automatic Repair" black screen

Discus and support Windows 10 stuck on "Preparing Automatic Repair" black screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have searched and found another topic about this here, but the answer given by Microsoft did not help me. I cannot boot my computer to desktop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SamanthaPort, May 20, 2019.

1. Windows 10 stuck on "Preparing Automatic Repair" black screen

I have searched and found another topic about this here, but the answer given by Microsoft did not help me.

I cannot boot my computer to desktop. Whenever I try to restart it (which I have to do manually with the power button), the farthest I get is the HP logo on a black screen with the message "Preparing Automatic Repair." I literally left it running overnight while I slept and it never changed.

The other topic I read on this problem said to use a Windows boot disk created by downloading an ISO and either burning it to a DVD or USB stick. However because I am unable to boot to the desktop, I literally cannot create a boot disk. How can I get to the boot menu so I can load up Safe Mode or something else? There has to be a way to force it to show up.

:)

SamanthaPort, May 20, 2019
  2. subby Win User

Preparing automatic repair black screen afterwards stuck

Fixing this gaming PC for a friend. His computer gets stuck on the windows logo with the dotted spinning circle. In the past to fix this i've done a startup repair. But this time, the PC starts the Preparing Automatic Repair, then screen goes black, where normally it should be showing diagnosing your pc before loaded the Automatic Repair screen.

What should I attempt to try next?

subby, May 20, 2019
  3. windows 10 preparing automatic repair black screen (Stuck)

Hello,

I Have Dell G3 laptop "Preparing Automatic Repair" - black screen. I don't see the Windows loading. I just have a black screen with logo DELL in the centre. Nothing is moving, nothing else appears, until the
    "Preparing Automatic Repair" appears at the bottom.

I've tried doing the hard restarts many times, but the laptop will never boot into the Recovery Environment.

I tried hard restarts but it keeps repeating this cycle over and over again - "Preparing Automatic Repair" - black screen "STUCK" . I even left my laptop on the black screen for a couple of hours, hoping it might fix
    itself but it does nothing.

How can I get out of this problem that Windows has forced my laptop into?

Thank you

Bachtiar_R, May 20, 2019
  4. abapsmoke Win User

Windows 10 stuck on "Preparing Automatic Repair" black screen

Black screen after ‘preparing automatic repair.’

Thank you very much for the reply. Unfortunately, I don’t know if it’s my doing something wrong, but I’ll do the steps to boot up the ASO menu and it won’t appear. I’ll reboot three times and leave it to load at the third, but it will do the same as before except for one thing- load for a while, then seemingly reboot on its own quickly (which it didn’t do before the ASO reboots), before going directly into ‘preparing automatic repair’ followed by the black screen shortly after. Same as before, leaving the black screen alone won’t do anything.

abapsmoke, May 20, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 stuck on "Preparing Automatic Repair" black screen

1. Windows 10 stuck on "Preparing Automatic Repair" black screen - Similar Threads - stuck Preparing Automatic

2. Preparing Automatic Repair to black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Preparing Automatic Repair to black screen: My laptop was working fine last night, but today when I turned it on, the boot screen appeared like it normally does, but rather than transitioning to the login screen, it returned to another boot screen with the message, “Preparing Automatic Repair”. After a few seconds, the...
  3. Preparing Automatic Repair to black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Preparing Automatic Repair to black screen: My laptop was working fine last night, but today when I turned it on, the boot screen appeared like it normally does, but rather than transitioning to the login screen, it returned to another boot screen with the message, “Preparing Automatic Repair”. After a few seconds, the...
  4. Preparing Automatic Repair to black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Stuck on black screen after “preparing automatic repairs”

Stuck on black screen after “preparing automatic repairs”: I recently built a gaming pc for myself, and everything was running fine for the last month or so, but today i attempted a slight overclock on my cpu and now windows wont boot. I can get into the bios, but other than that when i start my computer i either get a screen saying...
  6. windows is stuck on a black screen after preparing for automatic repair.

windows is stuck on a black screen after preparing for automatic repair.: hi. Recently my laptop was performing extremely slow and took a load of time to startup so i decided to perform defragmentation and a disk clean up, then I wanted to uninstall some programs which was not possible because of an error the required data was not placed in memory...
  7. Stuck on Preparing Automatic Repair screen.

Stuck on Preparing Automatic Repair screen.: Since last night my laptop has been stuck on the loading screen with writing saying “Prepaing Automatic Repair. i have tried turning my laptop on and off again. I have tried activating safe mode so I can go on my computer. I have tried doing a system reset with only my...
  8. windows 10 preparing automatic repair black screen (Stuck)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 preparing automatic repair black screen (Stuck): Hello, I Have Dell G3 laptop "Preparing Automatic Repair" - black screen. I don't see the Windows loading. I just have a black screen with logo DELL in the centre. Nothing is moving, nothing else appears, until the "Preparing Automatic Repair" appears at the bottom. I've...
  9. black screen 'preparing automatic repair' stuck in loop

black screen 'preparing automatic repair' stuck in loop: The machine has been in this loop all morning a blue screen comes up and states: go to www.windows.com/stopcode provide stop code: DRIVER_PNP_WATCHDOG any solutions out there? Thanks...
  10. Preparing automatic repair black screen afterwards stuck

in Windows 10 Support
    Preparing automatic repair black screen afterwards stuck: Fixing this gaming PC for a friend. His computer gets stuck on the windows logo with the dotted spinning circle. In the past to fix this i've done a startup repair. But this time, the PC starts the Preparing Automatic Repair, then screen goes black, where normally it should...