Windows 10: Windows 10 stuck on Preparing Windows screen

Discus and support Windows 10 stuck on Preparing Windows screen in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Many a time when you reboot after a Windows 10 upgrade or just tried login to your account, you might just encounter this screen which says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Sep 5, 2018.

1. WinClub New Member

Windows 10 stuck on Preparing Windows screen

Windows 10 stuck on Preparing Windows screen Windows-10-stuck-on-Preparing-Windows-100x100.png
    Many a time when you reboot after a Windows 10 upgrade or just tried login to your account, you might just encounter this screen which says “Preparing Windows“, this could mean that Windows 10 is trying to finish off something [...]

This post Windows 10 stuck on Preparing Windows screen is from TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Sep 5, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 5, 2018
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft claims I signed up for Windows 10...

Click to expand... This is my list of hidden updates:

Windows 10 stuck on Preparing Windows screen hidden-updates-jpg.jpg

P4-630, Sep 5, 2018
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 stuck on Preparing Windows screen - Similar Threads - stuck Preparing screen

2. Stuck on Preparing to configure Windows screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on Preparing to configure Windows screen: I opened up my laptop from sleep and see 'Preparing to configure Windows' screen, it's been an hour and still no progress. Have tried powering down a few times and it flashes back to this screen ... should I just wait it out?...
  3. Stuck on Preparing to configure Windows screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on Preparing to configure Windows screen: I opened up my laptop from sleep and see 'Preparing to configure Windows' screen, it's been an hour and still no progress. Have tried powering down a few times and it flashes back to this screen ... should I just wait it out?...
  4. Stuck on Preparing to configure Windows screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Stuck on preparing to configure screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck on preparing to configure screen: Been stuck on this screen now for over 20 mins. I have no idea why pc is updated and I only ask to restart the pc because of the Xbox gamepass app would not sign me in or close down....
  6. Preparing Windows stuck!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Preparing Windows stuck!: Hi, I wanted to change my language in Windows 10 to english. I downloaded packages and when I switched language I had to reboot pc. Now it was like 30 minutes ago and I'm stuck on "Preparing Windows. Don't turn off your computer" page. What should I do? I don't want to lose...
  7. Windows stuck at Preparing Automatic Repair screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows stuck at Preparing Automatic Repair screen: I am using Lenovo IdeaPad 310 with AMD A10 processor and windows 10. It stuck at Preparing Automatic Repair Screen and after a while a black screen appears. I cant even enter the automatic repair screen where i cab troubleshoot. [IMG]...
  8. Windows 10 stuck at preparing automatic repair screen

Windows 10 stuck at preparing automatic repair screen: Hello everyone, I an issue with windows 10. I am stuck at 'preparing automatic repair' screen and it is not moving forward from this point since then. I tried hard shutting it down 3 times, but it does not enters the boot repair screen as well. I tried to press f11on boot...
  9. Windows 10 stuck in preparing for automatic repair screen

Windows 10 stuck in preparing for automatic repair screen: Hi. I have encountered a problem with my Acer laptop following an update of Windows 10. After the update, my laptop restarted well however, the following day while using said laptop, it suddenly flashed into a blue screen showing that "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to...
  10. Computer stuck on Preparing to configure Windows screen

in Windows 10 News
    Computer stuck on Preparing to configure Windows screen: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If after running Windows Update, you find that your Windows 10 is stuck on the Preparing to configure Windows screen for a very long time, then this post will help you resolve the issue. There is a lot that goes [...] This post Computer stuck on Preparing to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 8.1 stuck at “preparing Windows”