Windows 10: Windows 10 - Stuck on "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete."

Discus and support Windows 10 - Stuck on "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete." in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows update came in today, and this is where my system is currently at. Endless repairing in progress, and I'm a little frustrated why I should... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ThomasMertig, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Windows 10 - Stuck on "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete."

Windows update came in today, and this is where my system is currently at. Endless repairing in progress, and I'm a little frustrated why I should encounter this problem through your updates. I do not have the capabilities to resolve this on my own.

Please help everything was just fine today until the update!

Thanks,

Tom

:)

ThomasMertig, Oct 16, 2020

2. Repairing disk error

Hi Steve,

This issue might caused by a failing drive. For us to isolate the issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Which Windows build and version do you have?
    • Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Which troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, you can also refer to Wungraileng Vashi's answer on this thread that was found helpful by 65 people:

Windows 10 - Stuck on "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete."

Let us know your response.

Janeane Cru, Oct 16, 2020
  3. jab8214 Win User
    Windows 10 - Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete.

I have a Dell Studio 1555. I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 yesterday. Worked fine yesterday and then this morning Notifications indicated there were disk errors and computer should be re-started. Upon restart Windows indicated an NTFS_File_System
    error requiring repair. I have been stuck on the "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete." for more than an hour multiple times. How do I get past this and into Windows?

jab8214, Oct 16, 2020
  4. Windows 10 - Stuck on "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete."

Windows 10 - Stuck on "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete."

Thank you so much for the solution, however, i followed all the steps you mentioned and when i selected startup repair, it went again on Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete. Could you please let me know, how long do I have to
    wait.?

AsadAliArshad, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - Stuck on "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete." - Similar Threads - Stuck Repairing disk

2. repairing disk errors this might take an hour' loop on windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    repairing disk errors this might take an hour' loop on windows 10: Hi,On start-up my windows 10 says 'disk errors' then 'preparing to repair' then to 'Diagnosing your PC' and then proceeds to re-start and the repeats the process and keeps looping... I cannot do anything else and I do not have my Windows recovery DVD backup I have turned the...
  3. Help my laptop have been stuck at "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help my laptop have been stuck at "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to...: I had some problems with updating my laptop , when it finally did my laptop seemed to work just fine then when i tried to open it today it gave me this screen and stuck there for hours what should i do submitted by /u/NemNemCookie [link] [comments]...
  4. Help my laptop is stuck at "preparing disk errors ,this might take over an hour to complete...

Help my laptop is stuck at "preparing disk errors ,this might take over an hour to complete...: I had some problems with updating my laptop , when it finally did my laptop seemed to work just fine then when i tried to open it today it gave me this screen and stuck there for hours what should i do submitted by /u/NemNemCookie [link] [comments]...
  5. "repairing disk error. This might take over an hour to complete" failed

"repairing disk error. This might take over an hour to complete" failed: Help me guys. So when I tried to boot my computer, i got a message said "repairing disk error.. " It was like that for 6 hours. When it finished, it says that it failed to repair the disk. Now i can't use it anymore. I tried resetting it without deleting my files but it...
  6. Dell Inspiron 5570 stuck on "Repairing disk errors. This may take over an hour to complete."

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dell Inspiron 5570 stuck on "Repairing disk errors. This may take over an hour to complete.": When I started my laptop it went only to the dell screen then to a black screen. So i restarted and it went to the dell screen but also had Preparing automatic repair, then to diagnosing your pc, and then now to Repairing disk errors. This may take over an hour to complete....
  7. Stuck on "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete."

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck on "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete.": The Windows 10 logo pops up then goes black. After a while it comes up again with the message "Preparing automatic repair." Then goes onto "Diagnosing your PC." Or whatever then goes to the Repairing disk errors part. I let the pc on like 8h and nothing happend. What should...
  8. Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete.

Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete.: Hi, My pc is currently struggling with the issues. I use an Asus and throughout the Bios menu there is no option to boot from usb, i have one installed with media, and it still goes straight to the repair again, which is taking me more than 24 hours of straight "repairing"...
  9. Repairing disk erroes. This might take over an hour to complete.

Repairing disk erroes. This might take over an hour to complete.: Hi, My pc is currently struggling with the issues. I use an Asus and throughout the Bios menu there is no option to boot from usb, i have one installed with media, and it still goes straight to the repair again, which is taking me more than 24 hours of straight "repairing"...
  10. Windows 10: Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to ..

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10: Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to ..: Hi everyone i got acer aspire 5738 ( Y a bit old ..) and he was working fine till friday when i started disk optimization from acer and stopped it in the middle od process .. Next day i get this message "Repairing disk errors.This might take over an hour to complete" he was...