Windows 10: Windows 10 stuck on resetting this pc. HELP!!!!!

Discus and support Windows 10 stuck on resetting this pc. HELP!!!!! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I tried to reset my computer in the settings of windows 10 and i selected the keep all my files option. But its been stuck on Resetting this PC 48% for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NicholasCarbone, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Windows 10 stuck on resetting this pc. HELP!!!!!

I tried to reset my computer in the settings of windows 10 and i selected the keep all my files option. But its been stuck on Resetting this PC 48% for over 40 minutes now.

If I were to force power it off would i loose my os or can i boot into my windows system before i hit that button?

If that option doesnt work and i have to install windows again what do i do about a product key?

:)

NicholasCarbone, Jan 29, 2019

2. Windows 10 stuck at resetting this pc 1%

Hi Emmarienelle,

Resetting Windows 10 is an ideal solution for users to fix system problems or software compatibility issues. However, things might get complicated when your PC gets stuck or freeze while resetting. We recommend following these steps to resolve the issue:

• Fix Windows 10 fail to reset issue by hard booting PC and performing a clean reset:

• Press power key for 8-10 seconds to start a hard boot. Do this for three to four times.
    • Enter Windows 10 Automatic repair options.
    • Try a clean reset from the Automatic repair options.

• Download Windows 10 ISO file and perform a clean install in your PC.

Let us know if you need any other help.

Regards.

Darian Tab, Jan 29, 2019
  3. Win 10 resetting this pc stuck at 8%

Hi,

I realize that it must be difficult for you when things are not working as it should. Sorry to know that you are facing this issue. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• What is the make and model of the pc?

• How are you trying to reset the pc?

• Have you backed up your data?

• What is the exact issue that you are facing in Windows 10?

As it has been stuck for a long time, suggest you to press and hold the power button to shut down the pc completely.

If you want to reset your pc, suggest you to refer to the section “Reset your PC” from this article.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

Note: Resetting lets you choose whether to keep your files or remove them, and then reinstalls Windows.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Jan 29, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 stuck on resetting this pc. HELP!!!!!

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 stuck on resetting this pc. HELP!!!!!

1. Windows 10 stuck on resetting this pc. HELP!!!!! - Similar Threads - stuck resetting HELP

2. Pc stuck resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc stuck resetting: When I tried to reset my pc it’s stuck rebooting and I can’t get into safe mode, many different ways but I’m stuck on the screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-stuck-resetting/bbc1de83-7fa2-4ce7-a30c-205fdf2d0163
  3. Pc stuck resetting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc stuck resetting: When I tried to reset my pc it’s stuck rebooting and I can’t get into safe mode, many different ways but I’m stuck on the screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-stuck-resetting/bbc1de83-7fa2-4ce7-a30c-205fdf2d0163
  4. Reset this PC stuck in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Reset this PC stuck in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]If you were trying to use the Reset This PC feature in Windows 11 or Windows 10, but find that the operation is stuck at 74, 89, 1, 88, 10, 3, 18, 26, 36, 37,62, 100, etc, %, then this post will help you get out of the situation. Why is my PC stuck on […] This...
  5. Help! Resetting this pc stuck on 78% all night

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help! Resetting this pc stuck on 78% all night: I have been trying to reset my pc due my pc lagging slot and glitching but every time I try it doesn't work! Please help, this time it has been stuck at 78% for over 12 hours...
  6. Resetting this pc stuck at 19%!!! Help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Resetting this pc stuck at 19%!!! Help: My factory reset stuck at 19% for an hour now... What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resetting-this-pc-stuck-at-19-help/7759a478-2b39-4187-92be-266e46c60432
  7. Windows 10 Resetting this PC stuck

Windows 10 Resetting this PC stuck: Hello all, I found a lot of janky files and decided I just might as well factory reset my computer. The CPU usage and disk usage were like at 100% most of the time and it was frustrating anyways. So I really thought just doing a factory reset would work. Except my...
  8. Resetting PC stuck

Resetting PC stuck: So I decided to try wiping my computer as I had it since 2017 and haven't cleaned my storage all too well so I decided to try to do a full wipe. I started the Reset and after a while I go check it and its stuck on 49%. Im not sure what to do....
  9. Windows 10 1903 PC stuck on resetting. Help?

Windows 10 1903 PC stuck on resetting. Help?: I just updated a Windows 10 PC to 1903 and wanted to reset it to give it to a friend, so I used the reset and wipe all drives option. After confirming all of the settings and clicking reset, the PC went to a black screen. It's been that way for the past 2 hours. Should I...
  10. PC reset stuck at 99% need help

PC reset stuck at 99% need help: Hello, on March 17, 2:30 pm I started a PC reset. I choose to completely wipe both of my hard drives, 2TB hdd and 128 GB ssd (I chose the option that was most secure). I did this because I believed there was a virus that had infected my computer that I could not find. I kept...