Windows 10: Windows 10 stuck on spinning dots after waking up

Discus and support Windows 10 stuck on spinning dots after waking up in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, We have a few laptops with the issue where users lock their computers and when they come back to unlock through Ctrl + Alt + Del, computer gets... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by RG_Undertone, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Windows 10 stuck on spinning dots after waking up

Hi,

We have a few laptops with the issue where users lock their computers and when they come back to unlock through Ctrl + Alt + Del, computer gets stuck on blue screen spinning dots for 10, 15 or even 20 minutes. This is happening on versions 1803 and 1809 on Lenovo ThinkPad T480, Dell Latitude E7470 and Dell Latitude 7480. I have tried updating OS to latest version (1809) but keeps happening. Updated drivers with no luck.

What could possibly be the issue here?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advanced

:)

RG_Undertone, Feb 20, 2019

2. Login from lock screen stuck on circular rotating dots

The following happens intermittently:

• I'm working and use the Windows+L key combination to lock my screen to leave for a period (can be short or long).
    • I return and use Ctrl+Alt+Del to log back in.
    • I get a blue screen with a small circle of spinning dots, which goes on indefinitely.
    • I have to hard boot my laptop by holding down the power button for about 10 seconds.
    This started happening only after I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Anniversary Edition. This appears to be a common problem with Windows 10:

I've tried most of the suggestions from these an other sources, but nothing has solved this issue -- which is very disruptive to productivity and seems to be specific to Windows 10. Please reply with only real solutions.

teancum144, Feb 20, 2019
  3. Alexandru Win User
    Windows 10 is always stuck at spinning dots; can't reset and can't recover

I just upgraded my Alienware Aurora R4 from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. Everything seemed to go okay. I was able to log in and everything as per the usual. Then I went to reboot it, and now it stays stuck at the spinning dots (before loading Windows). I am able to get into the BIOS but I cannot do a lot of things I have been trying to do to fix it:

• Can't boot into Safe Mode (stuck at spinning dots).
    • Tried running the command prompt from the recovery screen and doing chkdsk and sfc scans. Nothing seemed to be wrong.
    • Can't System Reset (also gets stuck at spinning dots).
    • Can't boot into Windows 10 USB recovery media I made for it (tried both legacy and UEFI boot mode options, but this also is stuck at the spinning dots).
    • I unplugged all peripherals besides mouse and keyboard.
    • ePSA boot looks good; no problems found.

I have researched into this, I know that some people have successfully been able to reset after this, but not I. Similar questions haven't helped. I can't seem to do anything. I don't mind wiping this garbage PC at this point and reinstalling from scratch, but am unsure how. It looks like I may need to run some other boot software to wipe the entire system off the PC. Any suggestions?

Alexandru, Feb 20, 2019
  4. Windows 10 stuck on spinning dots after waking up

Just spinning dots?

Windows 10 was working fine........restarted and stuck with spinning dots. I tried restarting with shift, F8 and still the same spinning dots.

BarryMeskin, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 stuck on spinning dots after waking up

1. Windows 10 stuck on spinning dots after waking up - Similar Threads - stuck spinning dots

2. Windows 10 stuck on spinning dots after TPM is enabled.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 stuck on spinning dots after TPM is enabled.: Hello, sorry this is a long post, but have seen a lot of generic advice on the web when searching for this issue, i.e. unplug USB devices, check disks, RAM, etc. So I have detailed what I have done so far.I have a Dell Precision T5400, since enabling the TPM v1.2 in the BIOS,...
  3. Windows stuck on spinning dots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows stuck on spinning dots: Hi, I i have a desktop, which has been running Windows 10, updated from Windows 7. Yesterday when I tried to start it up, it got stuck at the black screen with the Asus logo and black spinning usually, but now frozen dots. In the past it has occasionally been slow at this...
  4. Windows 10 is Stuck in Spinning Dots

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 is Stuck in Spinning Dots: Hi guys, I need some help. I just encountered this bizarre problem on Windows 10 64-bit (this is the second time that I encountered the problem this year). Here’s how the problem started: 1. I noticed that Windows 10 Pro 64-bit is stuck on spinning dots. I’ve waited for...
  5. Stuck with a black screen with the spinning dot after an update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck with a black screen with the spinning dot after an update: Hello! Yesterday I update my Windows and then it booted up correctly, no issues. I shut down my PC last night now I turned it on to work and it appears that it boots correctly but I see a black screen with the spinning dot on top or everything. I can log in and see the task...
  6. Stuck at Spinning Dots

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck at Spinning Dots: I have a Dell Precision 7910 on windows 10 1803. I updated a couple weeks ago through windows update. I have booted the machine several times since updating. A few days ago I update the NVIDIA driver. I have dual K620 cards. Booted a couple of times sine that update. Today...
  7. Windows 10 boot stuck on spinning dots

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 boot stuck on spinning dots: Hey, so to start with, I have a gaming pc and a mac. My macs hardrive (bootcamped windows 10) wasnt working. So to test if its still alive, I plugged it into my gaming pc (set it as my first boot option) to see if itll boot.. and it did. The issue arises when I unplug...
  8. Stuck at spinning dots

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stuck at spinning dots: Hi, first of all, sorry for my bad English. My issue is pretty straight forward: last night I left my computer powered on, and when I woke up, I had a Windows update screen stuck at 100%. The mouse didn't work, everything was frozen. I restarted my PC and it froze at...
  9. Spinning Dots at Boot Up

in Windows 10 Support
    Spinning Dots at Boot Up: I have win 10 x64 on a Dell XPS 8700. It had Win 8.1. Been on Win 10 since release. Today my son went to reboot the computer and at boot, just got spinning dots. He turned it off, same thing. Got to a diagnostic and it said it could not repair. So I decided to use Acronis...
  10. STUCK on white spinning start up dots

in Windows 10 Support
    STUCK on white spinning start up dots: A few days ago my laptop (Asus X552C) started playing up, for example whenever I pressed 'sleep' it would shut down anyway. Next, the laptop completely froze; Spotify tried to reinstall, chrome wouldn't load and was stuck on the blue spinning circle etc. Therefore I had to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 blue screen spinning dots on wakeup

2. samsung stuck spinning dots

3. window 10 spinning dots after unlocking screen

4. windows 10 update long spinngg dots on wake from sleep,
  5. windows 10 spinning dots long time wake from sleep,
  6. windows 10 boot stuck on spinning dots 2019,
  7. windows 10 waking up stuck in loop