Windows 10: Windows 10 stuck on Startup screen with blue windows icon

Discus and support Windows 10 stuck on Startup screen with blue windows icon in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I need help with my Windows 10 deskop pc. Ever since the October 2018 Feature update, the PC is stuck on the loading screen with the blue windows icon,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by emporroll1, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Windows 10 stuck on Startup screen with blue windows icon

I need help with my Windows 10 deskop pc. Ever since the October 2018 Feature update, the PC is stuck on the loading screen with the blue windows icon, yet lacking a circle loading icon. It stays on that screen, forcing me to hard reset my computer. Then it loads normally with no warning signs, or auto fixes. It also stays stuck when trying to load out of sleep/hibernation.

:)

emporroll1, Oct 6, 2018
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Startup Blue Screen

Hi Jon,

Startup blue screen error(s) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. It could be due to the following:

• Outdated device software drivers
    • Corrupted Windows update system files
    • Software/Security conflicts

We would like to know some information:

• Did you get any blue screen stop error codes?
    • Have you tried booting in Safe mode?

We suggest that you check this
    article
    about troubleshooting blue screen errors and follow the troubleshooting steps provided there.

We will wait for your response

Remon Ont, Oct 6, 2018
  3. Stuck in startup screen with rotating blue circle

Hi,

As per the description, I understand that you are stuck on the blue screen with rotating circles upon startup.

If the above is true, I suggest that you perform Power Drain and check. To do so follow the steps below

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system.

If the above did not help, I suggest that you perform Startup Repair using Windows Media Creation Tool and check.

Download the Windows 10 ISO and create a Media Creation tool and then perform Startup Repair.

Refer to the following link:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

(Refer to the section "Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool
    " in the above article for creating the tool).

Once you have the installation media, follow the steps:

• Start your computer from the installation media. Insert the disk or USB stick and restart your computer. If you see a message asking you to “Press any key to boot from DVD,” do so. If you don’t see the message,
      you might need to change the boot order in your computer's BIOS settings so that it first starts from the disk or USB. When you see the 'Install Windows' page, tap or click 'Repair your computer' link to start the Windows Recovery Environment.
    • In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, click
      'Troubleshoot'.
    • Click, Advanced Options and then click on 'Startup Repair'.
    • After this complete the repair and see if you are able to boot in to your computer.

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Oct 6, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 stuck on Startup screen with blue windows icon

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 stuck on Startup screen with blue windows icon

1. Windows 10 stuck on Startup screen with blue windows icon - Similar Threads - stuck Startup screen

2. Windows 10 Blue Screen and Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Blue Screen and Startup: Hello. I have been using Windows 10 for about four years, and this is the first time I have ever gotten the BSOD on this version of the OS. I was on Google Chrome with a few tabs open, and all of a sudden, I got the blue screen, and within a second, it restarted. This all...
  3. Windows 10 Blue Screen and Startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Blue Screen and Startup: Hello. I have been using Windows 10 for about four years, and this is the first time I have ever gotten the BSOD on this version of the OS. I was on Google Chrome with a few tabs open, and all of a sudden, I got the blue screen, and within a second, it restarted. This all...
  4. Windows 10 Blue Screen and Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Blue Screen and Startup: Hello. I have been using Windows 10 for about four years and this is the first time I have ever got the BSOD on this version of the OS. I was on Google chrome with a few tabs open and sudden, I got the blue screen and within a second it restarted. This all happened within...
  5. Windows Blue Screen on Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Blue Screen on Startup: Hello i have the Problem when i start my Pc i get a Bluescreen the last Error i got was windload.efi 0xc0000221 but i also got the error evbda 0xc000098.I have this since i changed my Pc Case. I can boot in windows when i chnage Something in bios. I already tried Repairing...
  6. Windows Blue Screen on Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Blue Screen on Startup: Hello i have the Problem when i start my Pc i get a Bluescreen the last Error i got was windload.efi 0xc0000221 but i also got the error evbda 0xc000098.I have this since i changed my Pc Case. I can boot in windows when i chnage Something in bios. I already tried Repairing...
  7. Windows Blue Screen on Startup

8. Windows 10 stuck on blue screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 stuck on blue screen: Hi all, it's my first post here so apologies if I've done something wrong. I have an old Dell Inspiron 580, that originally shipped with Windows 7. I upgraded it to Windows 10 many years ago. Two days ago, I had an issue with my PC, and now it won't boot up. When I try to...
  9. Windows 10 stuck in blue screen

Windows 10 stuck in blue screen: I tried all the solutions that was on the blue screen and nothing worked but when I opened Command Prompt I saw x: sources not in c: Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-stuck-in-blue-screen/1fbb775b-2ee5-48c0-9742-e3bb18369bb1
  10. Windows 10 Blue Screening on Startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Blue Screening on Startup: Every time I attempt to start my MSI laptop up it blue screens, when it restarts windows does their automatic repair but always gets stuck on it (the little dots don't move). Someone suggested to use the Windows 10 installation media to boot my PC from my USB but most...