Windows 10: Windows 10 stuck on unsupported version; will not upgrade to newer version

Discus and support Windows 10 stuck on unsupported version; will not upgrade to newer version in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; If you find that your Windows 10 is stuck on a particular version, which is now unsupported and will not upgrade, here are suggestions that will help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Mar 20, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Windows 10 stuck on unsupported version; will not upgrade to newer version

If you find that your Windows 10 is stuck on a particular version, which is now unsupported and will not upgrade, here are suggestions that will help you upgrade to the next version. When you hover your mouse pointer over the Windows Update icon in the Taskbar, you may see a message: Your version of Windows […]

This article Windows 10 stuck on unsupported version; will not upgrade to newer version first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Mar 20, 2021

2. Upgrading Windows 10 to a newer version

Version upgrade for Windows 10 is free.

Kapil Arya MVP, Mar 20, 2021
  3. M Wenger Win User
    Upgrade to a newer version of Windows 10

What is the charge/cost to upgrade my laptop to a newer version of Windows 10 since it appears that I am running an older version of Windows 10 and keep getting promos to upgrade?

M Wenger, Mar 20, 2021
  4. aronchick Win User

Stuck in Windows 10 Upgrade

My computer seems to be stuck in a Windows 10 failed upgrade loop. I was running fine on a beta version of Windows 10, and then I came downstairs one morning to see it repeatedly booting, attempting to repair, then rebooting. The steps I've taken to diagnose are:

• Attempting to boot off a USB drive (with all drives disabled in BIOS) - this fails at the point of the blue windows screen
    • Attempting to boot the machine itself and getting into "repair/safe mode" using F7
    • Looking at the BIOS for obvious failures (e.g. RAM that should be there is missing) - nothing obvious is wrong.

I am fairly certain the build version was 9926. For many months, the system would attempt to upgrade, and then say "it failed" for some reason and roll back.

Suggestions for next steps?

aronchick, Mar 20, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 stuck on unsupported version; will not upgrade to newer version - Similar Threads - stuck unsupported version

2. I can't upgrade to a newer version of windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't upgrade to a newer version of windows 10: I have been trying for months and months to upgrade from Windows 10 Version 1803 Build10.0.17134. At the moment I am trying to install Version 22H2. The update downloads, and begins installing, but installation never completes. I have been unable to insert a screenshot of the...
  3. I can't upgrade to a newer version of windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't upgrade to a newer version of windows 10: I have been trying for months and months to upgrade from Windows 10 Version 1803 Build10.0.17134. At the moment I am trying to install Version 22H2. The update downloads, and begins installing, but installation never completes. I have been unable to insert a screenshot of the...
  4. I can't upgrade to a newer version of windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 will not update to a newer version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 will not update to a newer version: I am trying to update Windows to the most latest version from what I have now. I keep getting the error code "error 0x800700c1" when the update is installing. I have even tried to reset windows but it fails every time telling me "There was a problem resetting your PC. No...
  6. Windows 10 will not update to a newer version

Windows 10 will not update to a newer version: I am trying to update Windows to the most latest version from what I have now. I keep getting the error code "error 0x800700c1" when the update is installing. I have even tried to reset windows but it fails every time telling me "There was a problem resetting your PC. No...
  7. Unsupported version of Windows 10

Unsupported version of Windows 10: I have an unsupported version of Windows 10 1803. How can I update to a supported version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unsupported-version-of-windows-10/236b099c-a95b-4528-bab0-a81f96b2b08d
  8. Upgrading Windows 10 to a newer version

Upgrading Windows 10 to a newer version: Can I upgrade from windows 10 to the newer version of windows when it comes for free? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-windows-10-to-a-newer-version/e8ea567c-ad7d-4e21-a4ec-32e46471af24
  9. updating of newer version of windows 10

updating of newer version of windows 10: will updating the new version of windown 10 from previous version of windows 10 delete date and files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updating-of-newer-version-of-windows-10/43e6901a-8a60-49fa-bf8e-8783afe69537
  10. Upgrade to a newer version of Windows 10

Upgrade to a newer version of Windows 10: What is the charge/cost to upgrade my laptop to a newer version of Windows 10 since it appears that I am running an older version of Windows 10 and keep getting promos to upgrade?...