Windows 10: Windows 10 Stuck on Update 1903, Only See Black Screen...

Discus and support Windows 10 Stuck on Update 1903, Only See Black Screen... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm hoping that someone can help. My laptop has twice now become stuck trying to install the Windows Update 1903. Both times it'll boot up past the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by scorsone, Jul 10, 2019.

1. scorsone Win User

Windows 10 Stuck on Update 1903, Only See Black Screen...

I'm hoping that someone can help. My laptop has twice now become stuck trying to install the Windows Update 1903. Both times it'll boot up past the logo screen of the manufacturer, Acer, and then it'll go to a black screen with the five dots going in a circle and sit there spinning for hours on end. I was able to get it into recovery mode with the F12 key the first time that this happened and rolled it back to a previous restore point. But then it started downloading the 1903 update again. I gave it a week or so in hopes that Microsoft would've gotten this update fix as now Windows 10 downloads and installs updates whether you like it or not in most cases. I let it try to install the 1903 update again and it is once more stuck. I've tried turning it off and back on hitting the F12 key repeatedly to try to get it into recovery mode but now even that isn't working. I'm going to try to make a bootable usb drive with a family members desktop that runs Windows 10 but I'm really at a loss as what to do.

:)

scorsone, Jul 10, 2019
  2. Hendry Win User

Windows 10 stuck at black screen

hi, i tried upgrading my windows 7, but failed 5 times.
    step 1 on copying files are 100%
    step 2 installing features n updates are 100%
    step 3 FAILED, it stuck on black screen and freeze, nothing i can do besides force restart and its restored to my windows 7 back.

any idea how to solve this? it's always stuck at 75% step 2 and when go to step 3 is freeze ( 5 times in row, i'm thinking give up or buy new laptop with windows 10*Biggrin*Biggrin*Biggrin)

p.s i'm currently downloading ISO file to blank DVD hopefully it's worksWindows 10 Stuck on Update 1903, Only See Black Screen... :)

Hendry, Jul 10, 2019
  3. Windows black screen after windows 10 1903 update

I got stuck on a black screen with cursor after windows 10 1903 update . I tried to open Task Manager but it is not working , I tried to start up in safe mode but it also freezes after login. Please help.

FlyASH1989, Jul 10, 2019
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Stuck on Update 1903, Only See Black Screen... - Similar Threads - Stuck Update 1903

2. Windows Update - Now Seeing Black Screen with Cursor Only

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update - Now Seeing Black Screen with Cursor Only: Yesterday, 6/11, my computer performed some sort of Windows update.I checked, and it looks like it relates toServicing Stack 10.0.19041.1022Security Update for Package for RollupFixThere were also several drivers that were updated.When I start Windows now, I get a black...
  3. Stuck on - Windows 10 Update 1903

Stuck on - Windows 10 Update 1903: I'm stuck on ver 1803 for x64-based systems KB4530717. I've had all types of errors over the last many months. I've tried a few times over the last year to do the upgrade and troubleshoot; as advised by various experts. Including the sfc and DSIM and its various types,...
  4. Stuck updates and black screen

Stuck updates and black screen: Hi community While trying to install feature update to 1903 In my windows 10 enterprise build 10240 pc during updating the screen goes black . Even after waiting for hrs still doesn't shows anything and CPU doesn't respond as when i click caps lock the light doesn't get on....
  5. Black screen after 1903 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen after 1903 update: My computer was stuck on 1703 forever but clearing the update folder and restarting the update service seemed to fix it and it updated to 1903. I can get to the logon screen but after logging on all I see is a black screen with my cursor and a blank personalized settings box...
  6. Windows black screen after Windows 10 1903 update

Windows black screen after Windows 10 1903 update: I got stuck on a black screen with the cursor after the Windows 10 1903 update. I tried to open Task Manager but it doesn't work. Please help....
  7. Can see only black screen and cursor after updating

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can see only black screen and cursor after updating: After updating my windows 10 when I restarted my system, it got stuck while booting itself showing status of 14 percent updated. The update status didn't changed for about 2 hrs and so I forcefully turned it off. When I restarted ,I was able to see only black screen with...
  8. Windows 10 got stuck on the black screen while updating from 1809 to 1903

Windows 10 got stuck on the black screen while updating from 1809 to 1903: I have an Axioo Neon MLC series laptop running Windows 10 Pro version 1809. I tried to upgrade to version 1903. After hours later, my laptop appears on the black screen and says "Undo changes made to your computer" with rotating circles. After that, I turned off and restarted...
  9. Windows black screen after windows 10 1903 update

Windows black screen after windows 10 1903 update: I got stuck on a black screen with cursor after windows 10 1903 update . I tried to open Task Manager but it is not working , I tried to start up in safe mode but it also freezes after login. Please help....
  10. Windows stuck at black screen with cursor only

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows stuck at black screen with cursor only: I need help.... my laptop (asus x550j) suddenly froze and i force shut it, then after it finished booting, there is nothing on the screen except the cursor, here are the some info that maybe might help. 1. Can't access ctrl+alt+del menu, 2. Windows RE is the same, black...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update 1903 only shows cursor while booting

2. updated windows10 to version 1903 cant get past blank startup screen