Windows 10: Windows 10 stuck on wallpaper - FIXED

Discus and support Windows 10 stuck on wallpaper - FIXED in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This is to all the Windows 10 users out there that are having this issue. My computer is a Acer desktop computer and IS up-to-date on all the windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Russell Jeanneret, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Windows 10 stuck on wallpaper - FIXED

This is to all the Windows 10 users out there that are having this issue. My computer is a Acer desktop computer and IS up-to-date on all the windows updates.

Behavior - You lock your computer out / or it goes to the lock screen, after sometime of inactivity... there is just the wallpaper, no login option, or shutdown buttons, no keyboard control (ex. alt, ctrl, delete) - nothing works and you are left just staring at a blank wallpaper.

Fix - Hit the shift key 5 times it will bring up the 'sticky note' message asking if you want to turn sticky notes on; You then will be able to 'alt, ctrl, delete' and get your Windows login screen back!!!

:)

Russell Jeanneret, Sep 18, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 18, 2019
  3. lZKoce Win User
    Wallpaper setup in Windows 10

Hello everyone,

laugh all you want, but I have an issue with Windows 10 and setting up wallpapers. Right click-> background doesn't help. I want the old school screen I have seen in Windows 8. I want to set up a dual monitor wallpaper. This command used to take me to the right place :

control /name Microsoft.Personalization /page pageWallpaper , but now it doesn't. What could be the problem here ?

The wallpaper page is no longer available from Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Personlization > Desktop background like in Windows 8. Why did they change this is beyond my understanding. Anyone with an idea is more than welcomed.

Windows version is : 1703 ( OS build 15063.483 )
    Windows edition: Home
    Activation status: Digital license linked to my MS Account

lZKoce, Sep 18, 2019
  4. kathygdot Win User

Windows 10 stuck on wallpaper - FIXED

Windows 10 stuck on wallpaper

I am so stuck. Hoping maybe someone can help?

Ive searched the internet till I'm exhausted.

I was trying to go to safe mode on my Windows 10 "old Acer Travelmate". (holding the shift key and clicking on the restart button ).

But instead of entering safe mode, I ended up with a "wallpaper" and No option to the next step to log in to my desktop. (And consequently no Start Menu).

From this wallpaper page, I've only had the options to

1). completly power down and start it up fresh

2). Do the restart button

With both of those options above, Ive made many attempts to reboot while

-repeatedly clicking F8, (I believe this is for versions prior to windows 10)

-windows key and "1" and

-holding the shift key while rebooting.

All attempts just finding me back at the wallpaper where I began.

So stuck.

Even though I have a pretty recent backup, I made some huge changes to 2 companies's files along with my personal files.

I was cleaning it up to have a nice organized backup and put this laptop to storage. Windows 10 stuck on wallpaper - FIXED :(

I'm so hoping I can access it one more time.

Any help here would be soooo greatly appreciated!

����

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

kathygdot, Sep 18, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 stuck on wallpaper - FIXED

1. Windows 10 stuck on wallpaper - FIXED - Similar Threads - stuck wallpaper FIXED

2. Windows Lockscreen wallpaper stuck on 1 picture, not changing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Lockscreen wallpaper stuck on 1 picture, not changing.: I am having an issue with changing the lockscreen background for my windows 10 pro. I was able to change it before but now when i try to change it, it gets stuck on loading and there is an endless loading which does not stop. This image that i used as my wallpaper earlier is...
  3. Windows 10 Wallpaper

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Wallpaper: I have set my wallpaper as a slideshow. The wallpapers are GREAT - BUT - I would like to know what these pictures are of. I am a developer and I like to develop for users. To me, I would like to right click the DeskTop and have a description of the wallpaper and / or a google...
  4. Windows 10 wallpaper

Windows 10 wallpaper: [ATTACH]I have Windows 10 20h2 . I have applied default theme on my system but still I can't find the wallpaper on the right . The 2 wallpapers look very different and I want 2nd one as my wallpaper . I talked to a windows advisor and he said that the right darker one is...
  5. wallpaper slideshow stuck in the same wallpaper

wallpaper slideshow stuck in the same wallpaper: so ive got a wallpaper folder its placed on the ssd with the windows folder with over 1000 wallpapers there that i picked that it will be a slideshow and it will change randomly every 30 min but for some reason after the first 30 min after picking it in the options it changes...
  6. Windows 10 stuck on login screen wallpaper.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 stuck on login screen wallpaper.: I am freaking out right now because I have an exam to study and I just tried to bring up my laptop from sleep mode to find out that I cannot log in. When I press a random key as usual to go to the box where I type my pin, it quickly shows my account name and photo and goes...
  7. Stuck on Windows light theme default wallpaper

Stuck on Windows light theme default wallpaper: After I updated Windows 10 to 1903, the wallpaper changed to the light theme one and I can't seem to go back to the original Windows 10 wallpaper...Any help? Maybe a download link? Whenever I try to download the background that fits my screen resolution from the internet, it...
  8. windows 10 pro get stuck in wallpaper cant enter pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows 10 pro get stuck in wallpaper cant enter pin: Hi guys, I have trouble a hour ago. My windows get stuck in wallpaper if i enter or press any buttons the pin are not come out and back to wallpaper screen. There are no restart/turn off menus. Try many times wont work I try the other way like combination alt ctrl...
  9. Windows 10 Wallpapers

Windows 10 Wallpapers: Where is wallpapers saved? I want to remove two of the photos from the group and add other photos to it. Thanks Julie Standifer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-wallpapers/e1da2c8d-13ad-4197-a351-fd9ff10fb3f3
  10. Windows 10 Wallpaper

Windows 10 Wallpaper: I made this about 3 months ago, I hope you like it. Attachment 26619 9561

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows stalls with wallpaper

2. laptop stuck on background screen

3. windows 10 stuck on wallpaper

4. windows 10 installation stuck on wallpaper,
  5. wondows 10 stuck on wallpaper