Windows 10: Windows 10 Stuttering issues (LatencyMon stats included)

Discus and support Windows 10 Stuttering issues (LatencyMon stats included) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So over the past few weeks my computer has slowly but surely gotten worse with these fps drops and stuttering spikes. Whether im gaming or just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ChristopherKudlicki, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Stuttering issues (LatencyMon stats included)

So over the past few weeks my computer has slowly but surely gotten worse with these fps drops and stuttering spikes. Whether im gaming or just browsing the internet I it happens so frequently now. I have scattered the internet for answers and have tried many different things. I am hoping someone could offer a detailed solution for me. Here is my LatencyMon results:

CONCLUSION

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks. You are likely to experience buffer underruns appearing as drop outs, clicks or pops. One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates.

LatencyMon has been analyzing your system for 0:12:45 (h:mm:ss) on all processors.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

SYSTEM INFORMATION

Computer name: DESKTOP-0CHCMJQ

OS version: Windows 10 , 10.0, version 1903, build: 18362 (x64)

Hardware: ASRock, Z75 Pro3

CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz

Logical processors: 4

Processor groups: 1

RAM: 8079 MB total

CPU SPEED

Reported CPU speed: 340 MHz

Note: reported execution times may be calculated based on a fixed reported CPU speed. Disable variable speed settings like Intel Speed Step and AMD Cool N Quiet in the BIOS setup for more accurate results.

WARNING: the CPU speed that was measured is only a fraction of the CPU speed reported. Your CPUs may be throttled back due to variable speed settings and thermal issues. It is suggested that you run a utility which reports your actual CPU frequency and temperature.

MEASURED INTERRUPT TO USER PROCESS LATENCIES

The interrupt to process latency reflects the measured interval that a usermode process needed to respond to a hardware request from the moment the interrupt service routine started execution. This includes the scheduling and execution of a DPC routine, the signaling of an event and the waking up of a usermode thread from an idle wait state in response to that event.

Highest measured interrupt to process latency (µs): 2513.028891

Average measured interrupt to process latency (µs): 5.928764

Highest measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs): 2489.492380

Average measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs): 1.949563

REPORTED ISRs

Interrupt service routines are routines installed by the OS and device drivers that execute in response to a hardware interrupt signal.

Highest ISR routine execution time (µs): 210.267059

Driver with highest ISR routine execution time: dxgkrnl.sys - DirectX Graphics Kernel, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total ISR routine time (%): 0.10370

Driver with highest ISR total time: dxgkrnl.sys - DirectX Graphics Kernel, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in ISRs (%) 0.139834

ISR count (execution time <250 µs): 457918

ISR count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0

ISR count (execution time 500-999 µs): 0

ISR count (execution time 1000-1999 µs): 0

ISR count (execution time 2000-3999 µs): 0

ISR count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0

REPORTED DPCs

DPC routines are part of the interrupt servicing dispatch mechanism and disable the possibility for a process to utilize the CPU while it is interrupted until the DPC has finished execution.

Highest DPC routine execution time (µs): 2638.269118

Driver with highest DPC routine execution time: storport.sys - Microsoft Storage Port Driver, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total DPC routine time (%): 0.071285

Driver with highest DPC total execution time: USBPORT.SYS - USB 1.1 & 2.0 Port Driver, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in DPCs (%) 0.342937

DPC count (execution time <250 µs): 1588172

DPC count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0

DPC count (execution time 500-999 µs): 12

DPC count (execution time 1000-1999 µs): 1

DPC count (execution time 2000-3999 µs): 172

DPC count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0

REPORTED HARD PAGEFAULTS

Hard pagefaults are events that get triggered by making use of virtual memory that is not resident in RAM but backed by a memory mapped file on disk. The process of resolving the hard pagefault requires reading in the memory from disk while the process is interrupted and blocked from execution.

NOTE: some processes were hit by hard pagefaults. If these were programs producing audio, they are likely to interrupt the audio stream resulting in dropouts, clicks and pops. Check the Processes tab to see which programs were hit.

Process with highest pagefault count: chrome.exe

Total number of hard pagefaults 1719

Hard pagefault count of hardest hit process: 407

Number of processes hit: 27

PER CPU DATA

CPU 0 Interrupt cycle time (s): 29.433042

CPU 0 ISR highest execution time (µs): 210.267059

CPU 0 ISR total execution time (s): 4.280691

CPU 0 ISR count: 457782

CPU 0 DPC highest execution time (µs): 2638.269118

CPU 0 DPC total execution time (s): 10.223467

CPU 0 DPC count: 1557012

CPU 1 Interrupt cycle time (s): 6.086741

CPU 1 ISR highest execution time (µs): 55.322353

CPU 1 ISR total execution time (s): 0.000941

CPU 1 ISR count: 136

CPU 1 DPC highest execution time (µs): 258.596176

CPU 1 DPC total execution time (s): 0.084751

CPU 1 DPC count: 10922

CPU 2 Interrupt cycle time (s): 7.412682

CPU 2 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0.0

CPU 2 ISR total execution time (s): 0.0

CPU 2 ISR count: 0

CPU 2 DPC highest execution time (µs): 336.602353

CPU 2 DPC total execution time (s): 0.092542

CPU 2 DPC count: 9939

CPU 3 Interrupt cycle time (s): 6.601254

CPU 3 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0.0

CPU 3 ISR total execution time (s): 0.0

CPU 3 ISR count: 0

CPU 3 DPC highest execution time (µs): 317.020294

CPU 3 DPC total execution time (s): 0.099763

CPU 3 DPC count: 10484

:)

ChristopherKudlicki, Aug 20, 2019

2. Windows 10 upgrade: Game stutter issue

Hi,

Compatibility issues is one of the possible reasons why you're experiencing stutter issues when playing a game on your Windows 10 device. To help you resolve this concern, we need to gather more details. kindly verify the information below:

• Are you experiencing this issue with all of your games?
    • Are you having this issue when you are playing both online and offline games?
    • Does this issue occur on both digital and disk games?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided on this

link
    . This can help us resolve problems you may experience during gameplay on your Windows 10 device.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Wilfred Mac, Aug 20, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 20, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Stuttering issues (LatencyMon stats included)

Windows 10 stuttering.

By using tenforums i've been able to find out what the problem is. And also that there's quite a few people having this issue.

Problem lies with the ndis.sys file which is a network file. This has been confirmed by using latencymon which found that ndis was the culprit. This also confirms that this is a problem with windows 10.

Windows 10 stuttering. Solved - Windows 10 Forums

And this issue can besides "stuttering" also be found under windows 10:
    Sound crackles, sound pops, stutter during network traffic.

nicolaj1982, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Stuttering issues (LatencyMon stats included)

1. Windows 10 Stuttering issues (LatencyMon stats included) - Similar Threads - Stuttering issues LatencyMon

2. Stuttering issues with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuttering issues with Windows 10: Split from this thread. Hi, I've been having stuttering issues with windows 10 for about 2 weeks now,I have reinstalled windows about 5 times, 3 of which were fresh from USB stickbut its not just games that are stuttering, its the entirety of windows. I've just been...
  3. Stuttering issues with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuttering issues with Windows 10: Split from this thread. Hi, I've been having stuttering issues with windows 10 for about 2 weeks now,I have reinstalled windows about 5 times, 3 of which were fresh from USB stickbut its not just games that are stuttering, its the entirety of windows. I've just been...
  4. Stuttering issues with Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Stuttering issues in Windows 10

Stuttering issues in Windows 10: After about an hour after booting my PC it begins to stutter randomly, I got this system failure in reliability history: Windows Summary Hardware error Date ‎18/‎04/‎2020 17:24 Status Report sent Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to...
  6. LatencyMon

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    LatencyMon: Greetings, I just updated Windows 10 1909. I ran LatencyMon and got a bunch of errors. I have attached screenshots of the error messages in the order they appeared. I was able to run the program when I was on 1903. I can't say for certain that it is the OS upgrade that...
  7. Audio popping / stutter issue, high latency in latencymon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio popping / stutter issue, high latency in latencymon: Hi all, I finished building my new gaming computer recently and facing serious audio (popping, crackling, stuttering) issues as soon I start a game. These issues are appearing in both, the onboard sound device and the dedicated gameDAC from Steelseries. At least the gameDAC...
  8. Loud popping sound from time to time (Latencymon report included)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Loud popping sound from time to time (Latencymon report included): Hi, Some sound issues have been stressing me out. I just solved the "Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation" error by disabling startups, at least for now. But there's another one, the loud popping/clicking sound that occurs every few minutes. I followed some guides...
  9. Windows 10 stuttering issue

Windows 10 stuttering issue: My computer has been working fine for a little under 4 years with little to no issues. However, after not using it for about 2 weeks or so, when i turned it back on i started experiencing intense lag/stuttering. My computer works perfectly fine for about the first 5-10...
  10. Windows 10 Stuttering Issue

Windows 10 Stuttering Issue: My laptop has been stuttering recently after I updated it. It's only really evident in games where it will stutter or skip every few seconds. My normal pointer is fine but when I move windows or tabs it does the same issue. I have rebooted, uninstalled, reinstalled, and...