Windows 10: Windows 10 stuttering sounds issues

Discus and support Windows 10 stuttering sounds issues in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Recently I built a PC and am now working on Windows 10. I am trying to record sounds right off my computer. I remember The StereoMix input was working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Born-Selection, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Windows 10 stuttering sounds issues

Recently I built a PC and am now working on Windows 10. I am trying to record sounds right off my computer. I remember The StereoMix input was working for a few seconds when I first started trying to solve this. I have done troubleshooting in the SoundControlPanel and I can't figure it out. When I try to select a Audio Input Device in Ableton, it says "Failed to open audio input device". I tried Audacity and have the same issue. Voicemeeter Banana works and has input, but it has incredibly distorted audio., like a constant skipping glitch compressed noise.

Also, while I am installing things I will get incredibly bad glitch audio, like constant popping and skipping. For example, when install a game on Steam, and while it is installing I try to watch a video or listen to music. Sometimes if I am using Ableton and watch a video, Then Ableton audio will be very glitchy even without playing anything. I have to turn the Ableton CPU usage off and on and it fixes it.

This is very frustrating, on my Mac all I had to do was install SoundFlower and then I could reroute the computer output to Ableton and also hear what it was recording.

Realtek High Definition audio drivers. I also have Asio4all and realtek Asio. I also have the VB audio Voicemeeter Banana and High-Fi cable. Should I reformat my computer? Should I buy a Audio Interface and then route all my sound to that, and also can record sounds in from my laptop?

submitted by /u/Born-Selection
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Born-Selection, Feb 14, 2020

2. Windows 10 upgrade: Game stutter issue

Hi,

Compatibility issues is one of the possible reasons why you're experiencing stutter issues when playing a game on your Windows 10 device. To help you resolve this concern, we need to gather more details. kindly verify the information below:

• Are you experiencing this issue with all of your games?
    • Are you having this issue when you are playing both online and offline games?
    • Does this issue occur on both digital and disk games?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided on this

link
    . This can help us resolve problems you may experience during gameplay on your Windows 10 device.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Wilfred Mac, Feb 14, 2020
  3. windows 10 sound playback stutter

Hi,

This issue could occur due to incompatible, outdated or corrupted device drivers.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Did you make any changes in prior to this issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have perform to resolve the issue?
    Let’s try to follow these methods below which can help us resolving this issue.

Method 1: Run audio troubleshooter.

You might be able to solve some problems by running a troubleshooter that will automatically fix some common issues with audio.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key on your keyboard
    • Type Troubleshooting and click
      Troubleshooting..
    • Click on view all (on the left)
    • Select Playing Audio troubleshooter
    • Follow the prompted steps to troubleshoot this issue.
    If the issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 2: I would suggest you to update Audio drivers and check. If issue persists again reinstall latest drivers from manufacturer's website in compatibility mode:

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Refer: Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows (Steps
    applies to Windows 10)

Fix sound problems:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

You can also refer to the following link for additional information and check if this helps.

No sound in Windows :

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...2&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

(Applies to Windows 10)

Write to us with the status of the issues experienced on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Nachappa C K, Feb 14, 2020
  4. Windows 10 stuttering sounds issues

Sound issue swith Windows 10

Hello,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing sound issue with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    and check.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the below Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 stuttering sounds issues

1. Windows 10 stuttering sounds issues - Similar Threads - stuttering sounds issues

2. Stuttering issues with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuttering issues with Windows 10: Split from this thread. Hi, I've been having stuttering issues with windows 10 for about 2 weeks now,I have reinstalled windows about 5 times, 3 of which were fresh from USB stickbut its not just games that are stuttering, its the entirety of windows. I've just been...
  3. Stuttering issues with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuttering issues with Windows 10: Split from this thread. Hi, I've been having stuttering issues with windows 10 for about 2 weeks now,I have reinstalled windows about 5 times, 3 of which were fresh from USB stickbut its not just games that are stuttering, its the entirety of windows. I've just been...
  4. sound stutter in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sound stutter in windows 10: I listened to music today and I noticed that my sound stutter so I investigate and check if it will happen in video and games. It produce the same sound and stutter so I check if it is issue with headset, I changed but runs the same. I tried the headset in different device...
  5. sound stutter in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sound stutter in windows 10: I listened to music today and I noticed that my sound stutter so I investigate and check if it will happen in video and games. It produce the same sound and stutter so I check if it is issue with headset, I changed but runs the same. I tried the headset in different device...
  6. sound stutter in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Latency issues and occasional sound stutters

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latency issues and occasional sound stutters: I've been looking everywhere and this is driving me crazy. I have submitted a feedback ticket for it, and have been using DPC Latency Checker. I am worried I am doing more harm than help. Does anyone have tips on how to make this stop? I edit video, and audio so it gets...
  8. windows 10 sound stuttering/lag

windows 10 sound stuttering/lag: i recently bought a new computer to replace my older rig. It was running smoothly until a week ago after i updated windows 10 to the DEC update. I now have a sound and stuttering issue that i have not be able to resolve. This occurs with USB sound devices and has serious...
  9. Windows 10 Sound Stutter

Windows 10 Sound Stutter: Hello, I'am experiencing a very strange problem with windows 10 audio. The problem arises after updating windows to fall creators update which is version 1709. The problem is that the audio is randomly freeze sometimes with huge buzzing sound which completely mute my audio...
  10. Windows 10 Stuttering Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Stuttering Issue: My laptop has been stuttering recently after I updated it. It's only really evident in games where it will stutter or skip every few seconds. My normal pointer is fine but when I move windows or tabs it does the same issue. I have rebooted, uninstalled, reinstalled, and...