Windows 10: Windows 10 Subscription Plan

Discus and support Windows 10 Subscription Plan in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; http://http://www.techrepublic.com/article/...tag=TREd8c0fa8 [img] In a recent article -- "How much would a Windows 10 subscription cost?"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gary, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Gary Win User

Windows 10 Subscription Plan

http://http://www.techrepublic.com/article/...tag=TREd8c0fa8

Windows 10 Subscription Plan [​IMG]

This would be a deal breaker for me. If it only involved Office 365 that is fine, but I will not rent an OS.

:)

2. CliffRos Win User

Update KB4038788 causes issues with app readiness

Actually I installed Norton, I have a 10 system subscription and I do plan on renewing the subscription before it expires.

The laptop came with a McAffee offer, but I didn't install it since I already had Norton.

CliffRos, Mar 25, 2015
  3. Talk of Windows Subscription

Someone is telling me that Microsoft plans to convert Windows 10 into a "subscription" software where one must pay an annual fee to use it, and this will happen after the first year with the "free" upgrade. Is this true?

thanks

ShahlaEvans, Mar 25, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Where does it say.. rent an os?? It says free for the first year for Win8.1, Win8.1 phone and Win7 users.

BunnyJ, Mar 25, 2015
  5. Gary Win User
    It doesn't but that is what a subscription based method would be called. I think it applies to Office 365 only.

6. BunnyJ New Member
    That's been the case for some time I think. From my understanding WIn10 will not be a subscription product.

BunnyJ, Mar 25, 2015
  7. Gary Win User
    That is what I posted as it applies to Office 365 only so far. But other things come with it if you read the entire story. I do not use Office 365, I use Office 2010 64 Bit and it works on Windows 10, at least in the preview.

8. Chuck38 Win User

I think Microsoft would be making a BIG mistake if they make Windows 10 a subscription.

For example: I'm still in high school, there's no way I could afford to pay a subscription to use Windows 10. I would have to stop using Windows 10 and go back to Windows 8.1 and from what I hear, Microsoft really wants everyone to upgrade to Windows 10. However, if it turns out to be a subscription, a lot of people will most likely stick with they're current OS.

Making Windows 10 free is a great idea, and I believe that's the route Microsoft is going to take. Unlike Apple, people won't just buy anything Microsoft throws to them. So to make the OS free, I'm sure there will be many people choosing to update this summer. *Smile

Chuck38, Mar 25, 2015
  9. BunnyJ New Member
    It clearly states that Win10 support will be free for the lifetime of the device. How can that be anyway near a subscription??

BunnyJ, Mar 25, 2015
  10. There are many programs that have student discounts I believe even office 365 which would be provided by the school if required for a class,
    Albeit your home schooled Chuck I'm sure it's just some paper work away from your grasp ?
    Even Adobe photoshop/ cc6 has student discounts *Wink

ThrashZone, Mar 25, 2015
  11. adamf Win User
    So basically your thread is saying Microsoft might say something about something (or perhaps not)?

adamf, Mar 25, 2015
  12. Gary Win User
    As I stated it ONLY applies to Office 365

13. Edwin New Member

Oddly and sadly enough, selling Windows as an app subscription service makes perfect business sense in this day and age.
    It's a guaranteed constant source of income with the least amount of overhead.

Edwin, Mar 25, 2015
  14. You loose very little renting an office app/ service if the device dies = cancel and done month to month terms.
    Buy a new device and activate the service with it = done.

ThrashZone, Mar 25, 2015
  15. adamf Win User
    Office 365 is already a subscription - you pay per year. Perhaps I've missed your point.

adamf, Mar 25, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Subscription Plan - Similar Threads - Subscription Plan

2. Game pass subscription requires billing address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game pass subscription requires billing address: My billing didn't go through due to low balance, I am trying to do ANYTHING to make it work again but every time it just says "We need a billing address for this order". I've added 2, 3 separate cards and a paypal account, all gives me the same prompt. Now just saw that my...
  3. Game pass subscription requires billing address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game pass subscription requires billing address: My billing didn't go through due to low balance, I am trying to do ANYTHING to make it work again but every time it just says "We need a billing address for this order". I've added 2, 3 separate cards and a paypal account, all gives me the same prompt. Now just saw that my...
  4. i bought a new dell laptop with windows 11, it says windows 11 enterprise subscription is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i bought a new dell laptop with windows 11, it says windows 11 enterprise subscription is...: i bought a new dell laptop latitude 7440 with windows 11 enterprise version, it says windows 11 enterprise subscription is active, but activation state is not active and the error code is 0XC004F213, can you guide me how to resolve this issue, thanks....
  5. i bought a new dell laptop with windows 11, it says windows 11 enterprise subscription is...

i bought a new dell laptop with windows 11, it says windows 11 enterprise subscription is...: i bought a new dell laptop latitude 7440 with windows 11 enterprise version, it says windows 11 enterprise subscription is active, but activation state is not active and the error code is 0XC004F213, can you guide me how to resolve this issue, thanks....
  6. Hi there. I pay £5.99 for the 365 subscription but you have taken £59.99 this month. How...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi there. I pay £5.99 for the 365 subscription but you have taken £59.99 this month. How...: You have taken ten times the amount out of my account this month as you should have and this isnt the first time you've done it. Please refund me for this time and when you did it last year or the year before and i neglected to contact you....
  7. Hi there. I pay £5.99 for the 365 subscription but you have taken £59.99 this month. How...

Hi there. I pay £5.99 for the 365 subscription but you have taken £59.99 this month. How...: You have taken ten times the amount out of my account this month as you should have and this isnt the first time you've done it. Please refund me for this time and when you did it last year or the year before and i neglected to contact you....
  8. how do I speak to support for my Assure subscription plan

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do I speak to support for my Assure subscription plan: I have an Assure subscription plan but I do not have any way to contact them. The phone number does not work and the website link is broken https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-speak-to-support-for-my-assure/2d41379f-d2c5-4793-a73d-188690bbc12b
  9. Ms planning Windows 10 updates via subscription

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Ms planning Windows 10 updates via subscription: Hi folks Saw this in the online version of the UK's Daily Mail (hardly known though as the most reliable of sources -- usually very much a "Hang'em and Flog'em" very Right wing type of paper !!..). Microsoft to launch a paid subscription for Windows 10 computers | Daily...
  10. Amazon Music Storage subscription plans are being retired

in Windows 10 News
    Amazon Music Storage subscription plans are being retired: The Amazon Music Storage subscription plans (free and paid) are being retired, and new subscriptions are no longer accepted. Effective April 29, 2018, subscription renewals will no longer be available. Current paid subscription members can upload and store up to 250,000...