Windows 10: Windows 10 successor will ship with massive scheduling updates

Discus and support Windows 10 successor will ship with massive scheduling updates in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft is unveiling the name for the next release of Windows on June 24 and reports have suggested that the next-gen desktop OS will be called... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jun 6, 2021.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 successor will ship with massive scheduling updates

Microsoft is unveiling the name for the next release of Windows on June 24 and reports have suggested that the next-gen desktop OS will be called “Windows 11”.

While the company had referred to its next-generation OS as codename Sun Valley and Cobalt internally, it’s simply going to be known as Windows 11 or Windows + something when it becomes official on June 24. It would be a free and optional upgrade to those already running Windows 10, and it’ll be released to the mainstream audience this fall.

Little is known about the unannounced Windows 11 or Windows Sun Valley, however, it’s said to feature a brand new Start Menu, Action Center, Taskbar, and visual makeover of other core components, such as the flyouts, context-menu, app menus, etc. In addition to UI changes, the next generation Windows will also ship with massive scheduling updates.

Windows 10 successor will ship with massive scheduling updates Windows-11-event-teaser.jpg
    Windows 11 event teaser posted by Microsoft

Windows comes with a system scheduler that controls multitasking and improves the overall performance of the platform by determining the threads that should receive the next processor time slice. The scheduler has been designed to determine the thread that should run next using scheduling priorities, but it’s currently not properly optimized for hybrid CPUs.

The upcoming version of Windows will reportedly feature “massive scheduling updates” to support Intel’s upcoming CPUs.

This is according to leaker and YouTuber Moore’s Law is Dead, who also claimed that Intel’s long-awaited 12th generation lineup “Alder Lake chips” will be launching alongside Microsoft’s next generation of Windows in October.

Intel’s Alder Lake chips will reportedly introduce a whole new socket and it’ll be using both normal CPU cores and highly efficient/low power cores to offer better performance and long battery life on laptops. Some reports have suggested that Alder Lake CPUs will offer a major performance upgrade over Rocket Lake.

Microsoft is also working with Intel on performance optimization for “Alder Lake-S” desktop processors. According to reports, Windows 11 or Sun Valley will update the scheduler with better support for hybrid processors (CPU cores designed for different tasks).

The operating system will be announced on June 24, but won’t become available for the mainstream audience in the production channels until Q4 2021. However, testers in the Windows Insider program will be able to try the preview builds of the next-gen Windows after the event.

Microsoft teases massive improvements

Microsoft’s executives Satya Nadella and Panos Panay have already confirmed that the company will soon share “one of the most significant updates to Windows” and they’re incredibly excited about the next generation of Windows.

In late April, Microsoft’s Yusuf Mehdi also dropped hints at the exciting future of both Windows and Surface products.

With Windows 10X now cancelled, Microsoft’s focus has shifted to Windows 10 desktop and the next-gen update will be aimed at mainstream customers only.

The post Windows 10 successor will ship with massive scheduling updates appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jun 6, 2021
  2. P4-630 Win User

Two major Windows 10 updates scheduled for 2017

Windows 10 successor will ship with massive scheduling updates windows-10-hp-stream-100566481-large.jpg

It may come as no surprise, but Microsoft won't release another major update for Windows 10 in 2016. The good news is you can expect two big updates to Microsoft’s latest operating system in 2017.

Microsoft let the information slip in a TechNet blog post published earlier in the week. “Windows 10, version 1607 is our third Windows 10 feature update released,” Microsoft said in the blog post. “Based on feedback from organizations moving to Windows 10, this will be our last feature update for 2016, with two additional feature updates expected in 2017.”

The blog post appears to confirm reports from the Windows rumor mill about the timing of the next two updates for Windows 10. The first update, dubbed Redstone 2, is expected to roll out in early 2017 with the second, Redstone 3, landing in the summer or early fall, similar to the timing of the recently released Anniversary Update (previously known as Redstone 1).

This schedule would put Microsoft back on a two updates per year schedule similar to the initial rollout of Windows 10, as Windows Central first pointed out. In 2015, Microsoft released Windows 10 (also known as Threshold) in July and then the November Update(dubbed Threshold 2) three months later.

This time around, Redstone 2 is expected to roll out in the spring and then Redstone 3 should hit about four to six months later.

The impact on you at home: Of the two updates, Redstone 2 looks to be the most interesting so far. Not necessarily because of the features, which are believed to be largely things that weren’t ready for the Anniversary Update. The big deal is that the early 2017 update is expected to roll out in concert with new hardware from Microsoft, asZDNet’s Mary Jo Foley first reported back in March.

Early builds of Redstone 2 are expected to roll out to Windows Insiders in the coming weeks.

Two major Windows 10 updates scheduled for 2017

P4-630, Jun 6, 2021
  3. Scheduling Windows 10 updates

Hi Anthony,

We suggest you to schedule a restart instead, after downloading Windows update. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Windows icon.
    • Type Settings.
    • Click Update and Security.
    • Click Advanced options.
    • On Choose how update are installed, click the drop down button. See the screenshot below:

Windows 10 successor will ship with massive scheduling updates 86cfa2c8-ff26-40b8-948b-dab72e5034b1.png

Regards.

Jesebel Ova, Jun 6, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 6, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 successor will ship with massive scheduling updates - Similar Threads - successor ship massive

2. KB4571756 Update Loop successor to KB4566782 Update Loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB4571756 Update Loop successor to KB4566782 Update Loop: Greetings, Please read all in the post "KB4566782 Update Loop" because this seems to be the same/similar update with a different number. It is failing in exactly the same way KB4566782, this is lots of disk activity and slow progress up to about 40% , then rush to 100%, 3...
  3. Massive update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Massive update?: Is there some sort of massive update i'm not aware of? My windows has been uodating for 6 hours already, still only 19% complete and litteraly today (I'm a gamer) most of my games have new updates and content...This is the longest I have been waiting for windows to update, so...
  4. Shipping

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Shipping: Hello, how many days is delivery to Bulgaria for the Razer Deathadder Elite mouse? I'm sorry to ask this question here Windows category I just don't know where to ask. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shipping/b32f2f17-436e-425b-9e12-1f991119916b
  5. Massive Update windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Massive Update windows 10: Hello good day to every one. In the organization in which I work, I occupy the position of Analyst of Microinformatics. Among my tasks is the update of Windows in its 1607 version and after 1803 or 1809. Although we have the Symantec Deploy tool, the process is very tedious...
  6. Massive issues with update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Massive issues with update.: So both my laptop and p.c. where running beautifully. Then the update was forced upon me. Since then I can barely get anything done. I can't even connect with the help desk. I have cleaned both pc's out to no avail. Please someone help! I can barely render any of my drawings....
  7. Are Windows 10 Updates Always A Massive Failure?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Are Windows 10 Updates Always A Massive Failure?: The April update nearly bricked my PC causing me to have to entirely reinstall Windows and now this update (KB4284835) wastes 20 minutes of my day, every day, only to get "We couldn't complete the updates...Undoing changes". I've had to resort to using an app to stop...
  8. Windows 10 massive update?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 massive update?: My computer is running "disk" at 100%. Any task I attempt to perform is taking far too long. Last time this happened (October?), I learned, after the fact, that my computer was updating....and it took all day... even though I have all sorts of memory/ram or whatever it is...
  9. Will Windows 10 Ship With Outlook?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Will Windows 10 Ship With Outlook?: I have read in a couple of different places that Windows 10 will ship with Outlook straight out of the box. If this is true, then there will be no incentive for me to buy Microsoft Office Professional. Does anybody know if this is true. ~Windows 10 preview now includes...
  10. Windows 10 Could Be the Real Windows 7 Successor, Expert..

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Could Be the Real Windows 7 Successor, Expert..: It's no secret that Microsoft puts all its hopes in Windows 10 as far as its efforts on the desktop are concerned, and analysts across the world see this work as going in the right direction, especially after the disaster that Windows 8 turned out to be. Forrester...