Windows 10: Windows 10 SUCKS!!!

Discus and support Windows 10 SUCKS!!! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; January 2019 Update sucks! On my desktop, since installing the Jan 2019 Updates, I have had huge problems, problems that repeated calls to Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BoscoChungYT, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Windows 10 SUCKS!!!

January 2019 Update sucks!

On my desktop, since installing the Jan 2019 Updates, I have had huge problems, problems that repeated calls to Microsoft updates tech support have not resolved. In fact, I was escalated twice to Level 2 and once to Level 3, who ignored the scheduled call back to me and REFUSED to take the unresolved case!

Among other things:

Word docs will open, but with an error message. Cannot be fixed. I cannot edit or do anything with ANY of my many important docs.

Suddenly, my printer will not work. It works fine with my other computer.

Every time I log on, I get a popup error message re Skype. Skype cannot be fixed and Microsoft was unable to uninstall it.

In effect, as a result of the Jan 2019 Update, for the past 4 days, I have not been able to use several critical functions of my desktop -- and have spent HOURS on the phone with Windows Update tech support, with no resolution.

Poor update. Poor customer service. Poor tech support.

Epic fail by Microsoft

:)

BoscoChungYT, Jan 30, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 30, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jan 30, 2019
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Windows 10 SUCKS!!!

Delta6326, Jan 30, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 SUCKS!!!

1. Windows 10 SUCKS!!! - Similar Threads - SUCKS

2. Windows 11 Sucks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Sucks: I have no clue why but I can't send any screenshots or photos so I'll try summarizing it.Windows 11 is awful and will be going back to windows 10 with the new pc I'm putting together. Windows 11 runs far too many, absolutely unnecessary background processes and windows...
  3. Windows 11 Sucks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Sucks: I have no clue why but I can't send any screenshots or photos so I'll try summarizing it.Windows 11 is awful and will be going back to windows 10 with the new pc I'm putting together. Windows 11 runs far too many, absolutely unnecessary background processes and windows...
  4. Windows 11 Share menu--why does it suck so much? How can I fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Share menu--why does it suck so much? How can I fix it?: 1 why when I R-click Share on a file on A OneDrive store do I get a different Share menu pop-up than when I R-click Share on a file on a non- OneDrive store? What if I want to share a OneDrive File as an attachment not a shareable link?The non- OneDrive case:vs the OneDrive...
  5. Windows 11 Share menu--why does it suck so much? How can I fix it?

Windows 11 Share menu--why does it suck so much? How can I fix it?: 1 why when I R-click Share on a file on A OneDrive store do I get a different Share menu pop-up than when I R-click Share on a file on a non- OneDrive store? What if I want to share a OneDrive File as an attachment not a shareable link?The non- OneDrive case:vs the OneDrive...
  6. Why MS windows sucks this bad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why MS windows sucks this bad: Too slow, too heavy desktop Linux is 1000000 times better https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-ms-windows-sucks-this-bad/25d65a1a-cf12-4e43-9a4e-9ae8c98b5b88
  7. Why MS windows sucks this bad

Why MS windows sucks this bad: Too slow, too heavy desktop Linux is 1000000 times better https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-ms-windows-sucks-this-bad/25d65a1a-cf12-4e43-9a4e-9ae8c98b5b88
  8. Why MS windows sucks this bad

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. The details pane on file explorer update sucks.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The details pane on file explorer update sucks.: I used to be able to highlight 79 photos at once and add a comment that would apply to all 79 photos. Now? NO I followed anther thread concerning this issue but the old "fixes" don't seem to work anymore. Is there anything that can be done to reverse this annoying "update". I...
  10. The details pane on file explorer update sucks.

The details pane on file explorer update sucks.: I used to be able to highlight 79 photos at once and add a comment that would apply to all 79 photos. Now? NO I followed anther thread concerning this issue but the old "fixes" don't seem to work anymore. Is there anything that can be done to reverse this annoying "update". I...