Windows 10: Windows 10 sudden extremely slow connection and connection unstability.

Discus and support Windows 10 sudden extremely slow connection and connection unstability. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The OS was operating perfectly fine, 500kb/s average download speeds which is normal for me. Suddenly one day, plummeted down to 10-20kb/s and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DakotaRizza, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Windows 10 sudden extremely slow connection and connection unstability.

The OS was operating perfectly fine, 500kb/s average download speeds which is normal for me.

Suddenly one day, plummeted down to 10-20kb/s and slowly drops to 0. Ive tried scanning for viruses, no effect. Ive disabled firewalls, no effect. Played around with settings, cleared DNS cache vía command prompt.

Nothing works.

I already know my hotspot and other WiFi devices arena the problem.

:)

DakotaRizza, Jul 14, 2018

2. File Explorer extremely slow and unstable.

So I just took part in the Windows 10 Insider Preview a couple of days ago, and I have to say, Windows 10 is a great step up from Windows 8, they did an excellent job so far. There's just one problem: File Explorer is extremely hard to use. Not only does the file explorer freeze all the time (even on folders with almost nothing in them), when it does freeze, it goes back to the top of the folder when it unfreezes.

What I mean is that I can be half-way down a 260-count file folder, like this:

Windows 10 sudden extremely slow connection and connection unstability. [​IMG]

Then it will freeze, and after it unfreezes, it goes back to the top of the folder, like so:

Windows 10 sudden extremely slow connection and connection unstability. [​IMG]

Doing simple tasks such as moving, copying, renaming, deleting and even scrolling and clicking causes File Explorer to freeze, sometimes even when it's idle!

And what's weirder is that the glitch doesn't happen when your opening a file for a specific program (say you click 'open' in Word and you get the 'Open' dialog box where you can pick a file).

I posted this over to Windows Feedback too, but I don't think it supports user comments, so I'm posting here to see if there's any fix. If there's any fix for this, let me know. It's been annoying me for a while now.

JusMyBASSCannon, Jul 14, 2018
  3. Aquinus Win User
    Windows 10 Ethernet connection randomly disconnects

I suggest checking out the event log in Windows. It's likely going to tell you why (to some degree,) why the network connection was lost. I haven't had this issue with wired connections but, with wireless it has almost always come down to drivers or a strange software bug which boiled down to how the driver operates.

Aquinus, Jul 14, 2018
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Windows 10 sudden extremely slow connection and connection unstability.

WiFi Connectivity unstable on Windows 10 Computer

Hi Wilf,

It's possible that some settings on your computer were affected after installing an upgrade since you mentioned that this intermittent network connection that you're experiencing only started after that. We'd like to learn more about your concern so we could
    provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter.
    • Are other devices able to connect to your WiFi network without any problems?
    • Have you checked with your Internet Service provider if there are any outages in your area?
    We also suggest that you go through each and every troubleshooting step recommended in this article:

Fix Network Connection Issues in Windows 10
    . A lot of our community members have found the steps in that article very useful in solving connectivity issues.

Let us know if your network connectivity improves after following the troubleshooting steps we recommended.

Yolvi Ell, Jul 14, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 sudden extremely slow connection and connection unstability.

1. Windows 10 sudden extremely slow connection and connection unstability. - Similar Threads - sudden extremely slow

2. Sign in suddenly extremely slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign in suddenly extremely slow: All of a sudden my login process takes a minute or more from the point after I enter a valid password until the desktop opens.I have tried editing my startup preferences, which may have helped a second or two but not 60.I had accidentally invoked the dreaded 'log in with...
  3. Sign in suddenly extremely slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sign in suddenly extremely slow: All of a sudden my login process takes a minute or more from the point after I enter a valid password until the desktop opens.I have tried editing my startup preferences, which may have helped a second or two but not 60.I had accidentally invoked the dreaded 'log in with...
  4. Windows 10 suddenly extremely unstable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 suddenly extremely unstable: Hi, This is one of the very first times ive used Ms community so this question is probably not formatted correctly, you'll have to forgive me. Over the past year or so ive owned my current computer ive taken good care of the system, using disk cleanup often and keeping...
  5. Unstable wifi connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unstable wifi connection: My wifi connection is constantly unstable since the august update with segments of no internet every other 30 seconds to a minute despite the wifi connection appearing as strong during these segments. Originally, it was worse - but after turning off the option for the adapter...
  6. Unstable Connection

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unstable Connection: Using W10 1909 lastest KB i cant run a stable connection with this internet adapter TL-WN8200ND V2 I've tried everything and i think this is a incompatibility issue. Already used it with W7 with a stable connection. submitted by /u/Meffecter [link] [comments]...
  7. My insterent connection has suddenly become unstable, slow etc..

My insterent connection has suddenly become unstable, slow etc..: My internet connection has become unstable and will disconnect periodically . The "trouble shooter" does not detect any problems. I have had to reset the modem several times turn on/off. Spectrum, my internet/cable company had some service issue syesterday which fixed the...
  8. Internet extremely slow, windows show no connections!?!?!?

Internet extremely slow, windows show no connections!?!?!?: The past couple months I've noticed that the internet connection is extremely slow, 2 megabits per second. Then I figured out if I go to the taskbar and clicked on the connection icon it shows my Wi-Fi is not connected to anything... Then if I clicked on my SSID and hit...
  9. Windows 10 ethernet suddenly extremely slow

Windows 10 ethernet suddenly extremely slow: About a month ago, I assembled a new desktop build. The ethernet was initially very slow, but installing the Realtek ethernet drivers fixed that. About three weeks ago, I shut the computer off. I came back to it yesterday, and upon booting it up, the ethernet was extremely...
  10. File Explorer extremely slow and unstable.

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer extremely slow and unstable.: So I just took part in the Windows 10 Insider Preview a couple of days ago, and I have to say, Windows 10 is a great step up from Windows 8, they did an excellent job so far. There's just one problem: File Explorer is extremely hard to use. Not only does the file explorer...