Windows 10: Windows 10 sudden "Invalid Value For Registry" with pictures.

Discus and support Windows 10 sudden "Invalid Value For Registry" with pictures. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey there, Just today it would seem that all jpg files on my computer suddenly get the above response and won't open. And I'm just wondering how to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by pfitz239, May 9, 2019.

1. pfitz239 Win User

Windows 10 sudden "Invalid Value For Registry" with pictures.

Hey there,

Just today it would seem that all jpg files on my computer suddenly get the above response and won't open. And I'm just wondering how to fix this and repair the VAST amount of photos that I can no longer access.

My computer had a critical update 6 days ago according to the last restore point if that helps!

Thanks!

:)

pfitz239, May 9, 2019

2. 'invalid value for registry'

My pictures will not open. It says 'invalid value for registry'. What is wrong, and how can it be fixed?

JulieMartin1, May 9, 2019
  3. Liezl Fal Win User
    Liezl Fal, May 9, 2019
  4. Windows 10 sudden "Invalid Value For Registry" with pictures.

Pictures fail to open in Windows 10; Error: "invalid value for registry".

*Original Title: Pictures fail to open in Windows 10

Suddenly my pictures will not open in Windows 10. I get error message "invalid value for registry". They still open OK in Photoshop! and the Windows screen saver also opens the same pictures.

How can I cure the problem?

BrianGrieveson, May 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 sudden "Invalid Value For Registry" with pictures.

1. Windows 10 sudden "Invalid Value For Registry" with pictures. - Similar Threads - sudden Invalid Value

2. Invalid Value for Registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invalid Value for Registry: Hi, I have been away on Hiliday for a few days. Tonight, when I try to open my photos .jpeg and .CR2files I get a message "Invalid Value for Registry". I was recently upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11....
  3. Invalid Value for Registry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Invalid Value for Registry: Hi, I have been away on Hiliday for a few days. Tonight, when I try to open my photos .jpeg and .CR2files I get a message "Invalid Value for Registry". I was recently upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11....
  4. Invalid value for registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invalid value for registry: A few months ago, I noticed that, out of nowhere, some preinstalled apps refused to open. The ones I can list off the top of my head are- notepad- calculator- photos- the media player for audio- the microsoft store- the snipping toolWhen I try to open a file using an app like...
  5. invalid value for registry

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    invalid value for registry: whenever i open any of media files such as photos , videos, music , it shows 'invalid value for registry ' i am using windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/invalid-value-for-registry/1b1d183f-44a2-4be3-9c11-20d9c25dc446
  6. invalid value for registry

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    invalid value for registry: I can't open videos or photos, I've check solutions to this problem but none worked. [ATTACH] one of the websites that I've checked said that I should have Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe. registry but when I checked it in registry editor I didn't see any....
  7. "invalid value for the registry"

in Windows 10 Customization
    "invalid value for the registry": After a recent windows update when trying to open pictures i get the error message "invalid value for the registry" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/invalid-value-for-the-registry/c37eedff-6615-46b7-9b15-05318c01aece
  8. Invalid value for registry.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Invalid value for registry.: Hi, I would like to know if there is a possible way to disable the Windows auto update function indefinitely. Eventough I keep disabling them in the Windows Update Settings, somehow the computer end up updating windows again which results being a problem. I am a Windows...
  9. Cant open pictures (Invalid Value for Registry)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant open pictures (Invalid Value for Registry): I cannot open any of the pictures on my computer, because I get "Invalid Value for Registry" errors. I dont know how fix this problem. Tried the to reset the photo program, didnt work. found a solution here with doing something in the regedit, didnt work. (the solution are...
  10. Can't open pictures - Invalid value for registry

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't open pictures - Invalid value for registry: For the past few days I haven't been able to open any pictures using the Photos APP. I've deleted it and reinstalled it and I've run DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and sfc /scannow twice - before and after deleting and reinstalling the APP - and found no...