Windows 10: Windows 10 Sudden resolution change?? Animations slow

Discus and support Windows 10 Sudden resolution change?? Animations slow in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Today I booted up my PC and something weird has changed.Animations in Windows or online are now quite choppy, though videos play just fine. Games are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AdWar7528, May 14, 2022.

1. AdWar7528 Win User

Windows 10 Sudden resolution change?? Animations slow

Today I booted up my PC and something weird has changed.Animations in Windows or online are now quite choppy, though videos play just fine. Games are choppy, too.I noticed in a game I tested Team Fortress 2 that the resolution was now maxed out while I normally play at a smaller resolution. I personally changed nothing.What has caused this? How do I fix it?I have actually had this issue before and a system restore fixed it but now I cannot system restore because I will be unable to get past a BSOD after bootup, which makes me have to undo the restore.Thanks!Operating System Windows 10 Home

:)

AdWar7528, May 14, 2022
  2. Arun B J Win User

Change resolution without seeing

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below. Check if it helps.

• Press Windows key on the keyboard
    • Click on settings
    • Go to Display
    • Click on Advance display settings
    • Change the resolution (1280x1024 recommended)

Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking or Enable low-resolution video.

To enter into low-resolution mode
    in Windows 10 in change the settings in it, follow the steps given below.

• Restart your PC.
    • Press Shift + F8 before the Windows logo appears.
    • Click See Advanced Repair Options.
    • Click Troubleshoot.
    • Click Advanced Options.
    • Click Windows Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, May 14, 2022
  3. Help! Windows 10 changed my resolution and can't see anything!!

Hi Etan,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Monitors can support resolutions that are lower than their native resolutions, but text won't look as sharp and the display might be small, centered on the screen, edged with black, or stretched. It is recommended to set the screen resolution of the display
    to the (Recommended) native resolution to get the best display on your monitor. Your screen resolution needs to be at least
    1024x768 to have multiple windows and apps on your screen at the same time.

Kindly follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to set the Display Resolution on your monitor to the recommended level. Follow the below steps

• Open the Start menu and type Settings in the search bar.
    • Click on System and select Display.
    • Make sure that you have set the Change the size of the text, apps and other items to 100%
      recommended.
    • Click on Advanced display settings.
    • Select the monitor and make sure that you have selected Resolution
      to 1920*1080 Recommended.
    If the issue still persists, then follow the below method.

Method 2:

I suggest you to update the display adapter then try to change the screen resolution.

Follow the steps given below to uninstall and reinstall the display drivers.  

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Search for Display Adapters and expand it.
    • Right click on the Display Adapters and select Uninstall.
    If the issue still persists, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer to download the latest display adapters.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, May 14, 2022
  4. Windows 10 Sudden resolution change?? Animations slow

Resolution?

Hi Ryan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to change the screen resolution in Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• What are the options you are getting?
    • How exactly are you trying to change the screen resolution?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to change the screen resolution.

• Right click on desktop.
    • Select Display settings.
    • Click on Advance display settings.
    • Under resolution drop down, you can select the option 1600x900.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, May 14, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 Sudden resolution change?? Animations slow

1. Windows 10 Sudden resolution change?? Animations slow - Similar Threads - Sudden resolution change

2. the windows animation is slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the windows animation is slow: i recently upgraded from windows 10 to 11. i met all the requirements i have 4gigs of ram and 256 gigs of ssd. whenever i open start menu the animation looks very slow very low frame rate. the same happens when i maximise or open a minimised application. sometimes the...
  3. the windows animation is slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the windows animation is slow: i recently upgraded from windows 10 to 11. i met all the requirements i have 4gigs of ram and 256 gigs of ssd. whenever i open start menu the animation looks very slow very low frame rate. the same happens when i maximise or open a minimised application. sometimes the...
  4. Windows Resolution Suddenly Changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Resolution Suddenly Changed: I booted up my windows 10 and found out it has been switched to 1660 x 900 instead of the 1440 x 900 I usually stay with. Not really a long sentence, but quite crucial for me since I've been using 1440 x 900 for the past few years and this happens. My graphics card is a...
  5. Windows Resolution Suddenly Changed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Resolution Suddenly Changed: I booted up my windows 10 and found out it has been switched to 1660 x 900 instead of the 1440 x 900 I usually stay with. Not really a long sentence, but quite crucial for me since I've been using 1440 x 900 for the past few years and this happens. My graphics card is a...
  6. Windows Resolution Suddenly Changed

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Slow down Window animation?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow down Window animation?: Is there a way to slow down the animation speed of windows opening and closing? I'm thinking of this as a way to mitigate the "white flash" problem with dark mode on. submitted by /u/eddaso [link] [comments]...
  8. Changing windows boot animation to custom animation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing windows boot animation to custom animation: [ATTACH] So I'm trying to change my windows boot animation to my own gif file, and I found a boot updater but that was for windows 7. I will attach the gif files so you guys can check it out Sam.T Thanks https://i.redd.it/8dr289e3kv951.gif submitted by...
  9. Windows 10 animations suddenly stop working!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 animations suddenly stop working!: Hi, I have Windows 10 Pro on my laptop (Lenovo Ideapad 110). When I open something (calculator, calendar, start menu etc.) animation is working, but when I try to click on something OR move my mouse around fast, the animation disappears. I hope that someone will help. I'll...
  10. Slow/laggy Windows 10 animations

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow/laggy Windows 10 animations: Hello, I have a new 10" tablet (1920x1080) with a x5-z8300 CPU and the following problem, that all Windows 10 animations like switching windows, opening apps, swiping around the task bar and so on are "laggy" or frames are being dropped. Newest HD drivers are being...