Windows 10: Windows 10 Sudden Sluggish Performance. 100% memory and disk usage.

Discus and support Windows 10 Sudden Sluggish Performance. 100% memory and disk usage. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The original Q. was from Nagendra17 Windows 10 Sudden Sluggish Performance. 100% memory and disk usage. So just randomly out of the blue my brand... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ArdiSassan, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Sudden Sluggish Performance. 100% memory and disk usage.

The original Q. was from

Nagendra17

Windows 10 Sudden Sluggish Performance. 100% memory and disk usage.

So just randomly out of the blue my brand new HP Omen laptop suddently just began to become borderline unresponsive. When I opened up task manager, I’ve noticed that memory and disk usage is consistently near 100%. This is a brand new, top of the line laptop so I know specs are not the issue here. I have also removed the bloatware, so that avenue is not the problem either.

I believe the issue is related to an eccessive amount of Windows 10 “Service Host” processess hogging up all my resources (like over 79 to be exact). I have disabled superfetch in the command prompts and it didn’t make any differences. I have also, turned off windows defender scan scheduling in the task scheduler option. The computer is unusible at the moment as even moving the cursor has delayed response.

I have done a system scan using defender and nothing has been flagged. There is 930 GB free of the 1 TB HHD so I know that it’s not suffering from HHD related issues. I know the suggestion is probably going to be to place a clean install of windows, which I do not have the time to do at the moment (exams coming this week). Is there a windows 10 related issue that is popping up all of a sudden? please help!

------------------

This happened to me twice, and I have a new high-end ThinkPad Lenovo with 1TB SSD which flies all the times. But in the last few months, twice it had the above symptom, and it started to crawl to the point of being unusable PC, and I spend hours and could not figure out the issue. Thank U for the person above (Nagendra17) to pose the question and Microsoft to answer. The answer is just to RESTART your windows 10 once, rather than to Shut-down at the end of the work day.

:)

ArdiSassan, Aug 8, 2019
  2. Jose Est Win User

100% disk usage and memory usage

Hi,

100% disk usage and memory usage can be caused by a software corruption, running application running on the background and malware or virus infection.

For us to properly isolate the issue and provide an appropriate resolution, kindly answer the questions below:

• Did the issue happen after installing the Fall Creators?
    • Did you receive any error messages?
    • Can you send us the screenshot of the Task Manager showing the 100% disk usage and memory usage?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

For isolation purposes, please perform a clean boot to see if the same issue will occur. Refer to this
    article for more information on how to perform a clean boot
    in Windows.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Aug 8, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Sudden Sluggish Performance. 100% memory and disk usage.

So just randomly out of the blue my brand new HP Omen laptop suddently just began to become borderline unresponsive. When I opened up task manager, I’ve noticed that memory and disk usage is consistently near 100%. This is a brand new, top of the line laptop
    so I know specs are not the issue here. I have also removed the bloatware, so that avenue is not the problem either.

I believe the issue is related to an eccessive amount of Windows 10 “Service Host” processess hogging up all my resources (like over 79 to be exact). I have disabled superfetch in the command prompts and it didn’t make any differences. I have also, turned
    off windows defender scan scheduling in the task scheduler option. The computer is unusible at the moment as even moving the cursor has delayed response.

I have done a system scan using defender and nothing has been flagged. There is 930 GB free of the 1 TB HHD so I know that it’s not suffering from HHD related issues. I know the suggestion is probably going to be to place a clean install of windows, which
    I do not have the time to do at the moment (exams coming this week). Is there a windows 10 related issue that is popping up all of a sudden? please help!

Nagendra17, Aug 8, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Sudden Sluggish Performance. 100% memory and disk usage.

Disk Usage 100 % in Windows 10 degraded my system performance

Hi Zahid,

To help us identify the cause of the issue and then find the proper resolution for it, let us know if there were any changes made on the PC prior to the issue.

Since the steps you have taken didn't help, here are a few suggestions that you can try to resolve Windows 10 high disk usage issue:

Disable the Superfetch service.

This service is built to improve PC performance by speeding up the startup of programs and pre-loading the apps you often use into memory. If you don't do anything after powering on, it will still take up high percentage of the disk. To disable the Superfetch
    service, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select Computer Management.

• Expand Services and Applications on the left column and click on
      Services.

• Navigate to Superfetch and double-click on it, and then select
      Disable from the drop-down menu of Startup type.

Update the AHCI driver.

Outdated AHCI driver will affect the system performance and result in 100% disk usage in Windows 10. Furthermore, outdated, missing or broken drivers can also cause other issues like Bluetooth not working, PC not waking up from sleep, etc.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Sudden Sluggish Performance. 100% memory and disk usage.

1. Windows 10 Sudden Sluggish Performance. 100% memory and disk usage. - Similar Threads - Sudden Sluggish Performance

2. Disk usage started to reach 100% suddenly on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk usage started to reach 100% suddenly on windows 10: Got a 2015 laptop which I haven't used for about 2 months, encountered a problem that when running any application or even just opening a widows search the disk usage reaches 100% in task manager and there are severe freezes. The laptop itself is not fast, but before it had...
  3. 100% Disk Usage and Insanely Poor Performance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100% Disk Usage and Insanely Poor Performance: Laptop Model: Acer Nitro 5 AN515-42 R5EDCPU: Ryzen 5 2500URAM: 12GB DDR4 2400GPU: Radeon RX 560X 4GBStorage: 1TB HDDThis all started when I left my laptop on overnight playing YouTube videos which is nothing really out of the ordinary, but when I woke up and went back on it,...
  4. 100% Disk Usage and Insanely Poor Performance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    100% Disk Usage and Insanely Poor Performance: Laptop Model: Acer Nitro 5 AN515-42 R5EDCPU: Ryzen 5 2500URAM: 12GB DDR4 2400GPU: Radeon RX 560X 4GBStorage: 1TB HDDThis all started when I left my laptop on overnight playing YouTube videos which is nothing really out of the ordinary, but when I woke up and went back on it,...
  5. 100% Disk Usage and Insanely Poor Performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. 100 % disk usage, only in performance tab

100 % disk usage, only in performance tab: Hello,I've been struggling with 100 % disk usage. As I stated in the subject, the 100 % is only visible in the performance tab. In the process tab the highest percentage is 33%.This does not happen all the time, but to often to ignore. I can not find out any logic in it.I've...
  7. 100% disk memory and cpu usage?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    100% disk memory and cpu usage?: Sometimes when i try to get on my computer and play a game i keep getting 100% disk memory and memory usage and i always have to restart my computer to make it stop but im getting annoyed since its happening a lot more, i have ran malwarebytes for viruses but there are none i...
  8. Windows 10 extremely sluggish and hard disk usage at 100%

Windows 10 extremely sluggish and hard disk usage at 100%: Hello there. I am a noob windows 10 user using a Lenovo laptop I'm unable to tell the model number now please forgive me. But what i can talk about are my problems. Let's start with what I did today. My laptop was functioning perfectly snappy and I decided to dual boot Kali...
  9. 100 cpu, memory and disk usage.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100 cpu, memory and disk usage.: This just randomly started happening. I scanned for viruses and can't find a fix. Help? submitted by /u/Not-Cynical [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h7uoze/100_cpu_memory_and_disk_usage/
  10. CPU/Memory/Disk Usage at 100%

CPU/Memory/Disk Usage at 100%: Whenever I run any program on my laptop, my disk usage, along with CPU and memory usage shoot up to 100%. Even without running any programs, task manager still shows them operating at around 60-70%. I have tried every other online solution with no success whatsoever....