Windows 10: Windows 10 suddenly ask for pin after restart & can't reset pin after that

Discus and support Windows 10 suddenly ask for pin after restart & can't reset pin after that in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, Win10 suddenly ask for pin after restart. Normally i logon using thumbprint. Since i forgot the pin, i click on 'I forgot pin' and fill in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mohd Izuddin Mohd Basri, Jun 13, 2022.

1. Windows 10 suddenly ask for pin after restart & can't reset pin after that

Hi, Win10 suddenly ask for pin after restart. Normally i logon using thumbprint. Since i forgot the pin, i click on 'I forgot pin' and fill in the email and password and also it prompt for windows mobile authentication shortly after. After it pass through that process, it says that my username and password is wrong.How is that possible after passing window authentication? Now im stuck not being able to reset my pin.Seek assistance on this matter.

:)

Mohd Izuddin Mohd Basri, Jun 13, 2022
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10 PIN Sign-in

Hi Pat,

It is possible that the PIN set in an earlier build does not work after reinstalling Windows 10. To better assist you, we'd like clarify few things:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using before reinstalling Windows?
    • Have you tried resetting your PIN?
    • Did you get any error messages after you verified the PIN you entered?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how you can reset your PIN.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jun 13, 2022
  3. PIN

To resolve this issue with your PIN, follow these step:

• Restart your computer first, then after that, open File Explorer and browse to this location:
    C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC

• Delete everything within that folder.
    • Go to Settings-> Accounts->Sign-in Options.
    • Click Add a PIN again and set your PIN.
    • PIN sign in should work going forward.

Let us know how this turns out.

Marque Lor, Jun 13, 2022
  4. spunk Win User

Windows 10 suddenly ask for pin after restart & can't reset pin after that

spunk, Jun 13, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 suddenly ask for pin after restart & can't reset pin after that

1. Windows 10 suddenly ask for pin after restart & can't reset pin after that - Similar Threads - suddenly ask pin

2. Windows asking for PIN after reformatting. No PIN works.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows asking for PIN after reformatting. No PIN works.: Today i used the "restart PC" tool to get a fresh start. I used the tool to download Windows from the cloud and after it was installed, the lock window displays my name and asks for my PIN. If i input any random number it says the PIN is incorrect. If i input my previous PIN...
  3. Windows asking for PIN after reformatting. No PIN works.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows asking for PIN after reformatting. No PIN works.: Today i used the "restart PC" tool to get a fresh start. I used the tool to download Windows from the cloud and after it was installed, the lock window displays my name and asks for my PIN. If i input any random number it says the PIN is incorrect. If i input my previous PIN...
  4. Windows asking for PIN after reformatting. No PIN works.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Can't login after bios update. Pin disabled and no box to reset pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't login after bios update. Pin disabled and no box to reset pin: I updated my bios and now the pin won't work. No dialog box pops up to reset it. I get this error. "Your PIN is no longer available due to a change in security settings on this device. Click to set up your PIN again" but nothing happens when I click the prompt. I have booted...
  6. Can't login after bios update. Pin disabled and no box to reset pin

Can't login after bios update. Pin disabled and no box to reset pin: I updated my bios and now the pin won't work. No dialog box pops up to reset it. I get this error. "Your PIN is no longer available due to a change in security settings on this device. Click to set up your PIN again" but nothing happens when I click the prompt. I have booted...
  7. Windows 10 suddenly ask for pin after restart & can't reset pin after that

Windows 10 suddenly ask for pin after restart & can't reset pin after that: Hi, Win10 suddenly ask for pin after restart. Normally i logon using thumbprint. Since i forgot the pin, i click on 'I forgot pin' and fill in the email and password and also it prompt for windows mobile authentication shortly after. After it pass through that process, it...
  8. Windows 10 suddenly ask for pin after restart & can't reset pin after that

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 suddenly ask for pin after restart & can't reset pin after that: Hi, Win10 suddenly ask for pin after restart. Normally i logon using thumbprint. Since i forgot the pin, i click on 'I forgot pin' and fill in the email and password and also it prompt for windows mobile authentication shortly after. After it pass through that process, it...
  9. Windows 10 asking for password after resetting, which asked for pin all the time before the...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 asking for password after resetting, which asked for pin all the time before the...: After resetting my laptop to fix the little slowdown from about 30 minutes of gameplay, it is now asking for a password that I don't even remember putting. There is literally no other option but to enter my username and password, or email and password. I entered everything I...
  10. Cannot add pin after update - asks for old pin

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot add pin after update - asks for old pin: I recently installed the following updates: 1) Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803 2) 2018-07 Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4338832) Before the update I had a pin set that I used to login with. After...