Windows 10: Windows 10 suddenly asking for a password.

Discus and support Windows 10 suddenly asking for a password. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 on a home computer and I don't need the security of a password. I have it set to to boot without asking for the password. Recently,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ChuckHewitt, Sep 14, 2018 at 10:22 AM.

1. ChuckHewitt Win User

Windows 10 suddenly asking for a password.

I have Windows 10 on a home computer and I don't need the security of a password. I have it set to to boot without asking for the password. Recently, it started asking for the password. Rebooting the computer directly from that screen boots the computer without asking for the password. I went into netplwiz and confirmed that it is setup to not require the password.

:)

2. Mark_850 Win User

Windows 10 suddenly asks for password

Ill leave my desktop only to come back the next day and have windows ask me for a password. Ive been running 10 since launch and this only just started to happen. Ive done the whole....

• Right-click the Windows Logo (Start Button) and click "Run"
    • Type netplwiz and click "OK"
    • Uncheck "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer."
    But the box is unchecked already. Any help?

3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

4. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Thema:

1. Windows 10 suddenly asking for a password. - Similar Threads - suddenly asking password

2. always ask password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    always ask password: please tell me what to do in order to disable the password from sleep https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/always-ask-password/f5a78340-5969-4209-bb88-930f57e9aaed"
  3. Computer asks for password

Computer asks for password: Hey i rest my computer and now it asks for a password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/computer-asks-for-password/0f2a89fa-576a-4083-8b0e-fd6f8491875f"
  4. windows 10 now asking for password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 now asking for password: windows 10 as of today is now asking for a password on my seagate personal cloud. this is not password protected and its NOT a seagate issue. yesterday i could click the personal cloud icon and poof everything was available, now it asks for a password. how do i get it to stop...
  5. Computer asking for password

Computer asking for password: About 2 months ago I turned on my computer and it was asking for an administrator password. I don't have one so I put it in the too hard basket and kept using my ipad instead. Now I have just turned my laptop on to see if it has the same message but instead in the middle of...
  6. Win 10 asking for password all of a sudden

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Win 10 asking for password all of a sudden: I have had Win 10 for 2 yrs and had it set to not ask for my password upon boot up. No one uses the PC other than me. Today for the first time it asked me for my password so I had to use 'forgot password' and set one up to get in. I have checked and 'netplwiz' is set NOT to...
  7. Windows 10 suddenly asking for a password

Windows 10 suddenly asking for a password: Hello! I've just started configuring a new pc. After relocating the Users folder from the SSD to the HDD drive successfully (following the tutorial in this forum), i wanted to change the name of the user folder. I activated my starting account, deleted the dummy one for...
  8. Now asking for password

Now asking for password: For a long time now when I boot Windows 10 I never need to enter a password as I followed instructions here to allow me boot into Windows without a password. This morning however, when I booted up the laptop a box showed saying Simple Pass requires a password update. A long...
  9. Windows 10 Installation asks for but rejects password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Installation asks for but rejects password: My laptop received news that I could download and install Windows Pro 10. Everything went sweet until it ask me for my password to continue. I put the 4 digit password that I have been using since I bought this laptop last May. It would not accept it. I tried using my...
  10. Windows suddenly booting to calendar screen then asking for password

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows suddenly booting to calendar screen then asking for password: I recently upgraded to Version 1511 of Windows 10 Home. I have been using it for almost a week without problems, but all of a sudden this morning it is booting to a picture screen showing the date and time.*Eek *Shock When I click on the screen it changes to a password...