Windows 10: Windows 10 suddenly cannot find USB printer

Discus and support Windows 10 suddenly cannot find USB printer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have windows 10 and a Brother MFC 7460DN multifunction laser printer. This printer worked fine with Windows 7 and with Windows 10 until recently.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChrisSGH, Jun 23, 2020.

1. ChrisSGH Win User

Windows 10 suddenly cannot find USB printer

I have windows 10 and a Brother MFC 7460DN multifunction laser printer. This printer worked fine with Windows 7 and with Windows 10 until recently. Now when I try to print or scan there seems to be a USB connection problem, Windows cannot find the printer. But when I hook my printer to my old windows 7 laptop, it works fine. So some windows 10 update has screwed things up. The printer continues to copy fine, it just cannot now connect with Windows 10. I have wiped out and reinstalled the Brother driver set numerous times which is all Brother can recommend to no effect. This HAS to be a Windows 10 update issue. And I do not want to use a restore point. Is there any other solution, or do I buy another printer and wait for another windows 10 update to render it unusable?

:)

ChrisSGH, Jun 23, 2020

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jun 23, 2020
  3. Firebeast Win User
    Mac OSX USB printer problem

OK i just bought the Canon IP4500 usb printer and installed it on the mac following hte instructions to the letter.

No printer is found and i cannot add it in the Printer list, cause theres no option for USB printer installation, only Appletalk, Bluetooth, and Windows Printing.

I have downloaded the latest drivers etc... but no luck *Bang Head :banghead:

As it is i dont like macs but now with a simple thing as this i dislike them even more.

Last resort is trying installing the printer on a Vista pc and see if it works, if it does then the mac is up to shit, if it does not install then the printer is up to shit.

Anyone had a similar problem maybe and how did you overcome it?

Firebeast, Jun 23, 2020
  4. Windows 10 suddenly cannot find USB printer

printer usb is an older version

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• What is the make and model of the printer and computer?

• What is the exact error message?

I suggest you to disable and re-enable the USB controllers. The following steps will uninstall all the USB controllers and then re-install them:

a. Right click on Start, and then click
    Run.

b. Type devmgmt.msc and then click
    OK. Device Manager opens.

c. Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.

Note: You might have to scroll down the list to find this item.

d. Right click the first USB controller under
    Universal Serial Bus controllers
    , and then click Uninstall to remove it.

e. Repeat step 4 for each USB controller that is listed under
    Universal Serial Bus controllers.

Note: Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

If the issue persists then I suggest you to refer to the following article.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 suddenly cannot find USB printer

1. Windows 10 suddenly cannot find USB printer - Similar Threads - suddenly cannot find

2. Epson Connect Printer Setup cannot find printer in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Epson Connect Printer Setup cannot find printer in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Epson Connect Printer Setup is a software that lets users connect their Epson printers to their computers over a network. Sometimes, the Epson Connect Printer Setup troubles finding the Epson printer on a particular network. In such a case users get the message Epson...
  3. laptop cannot find shared printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop cannot find shared printer: My laptop cannot find my shared printer on my desktop. Both are running Windows 10. Printer is wired to desktop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-cannot-find-shared-printer/6a086319-56d9-45bf-89c0-55edc24b01fc
  4. Windows 10 can't find a USB attached Thermal Printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 can't find a USB attached Thermal Printer: I have a Epson TM88IV thermal receipt printer that had worked fine until a week ago ago. I have uninstalled, reinstalled the drivers, moved to other USB ports that I know work with other peripherals, took a Epson TM88V that works on another Windows 10 PC and installed with...
  5. Cannot find printers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot find printers: I was in the middle of working yesterday and, suddenly, all of my printers essentially disappeared. I has happened before, and I was able to restart my computer and they were there again. But not this time. Here is a screenshots of my printer selection list from another...
  6. windows 10 cannot find or install new printer, scanner,

windows 10 cannot find or install new printer, scanner,: windows 10 cannot find or install new printer, scanner. What next? PLEASE HELP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-cannot-find-or-install-new-printer/a8756f30-ad0d-4a3f-b1be-02a0d9274586
  7. Cannot find network printer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot find network printer: I just had to do a fresh install of Windows. I have a networked printer, HP LaserJet 1320n, that cannot be found even if I put in the its IP address. What is the best forum to post this? Thanks, Jeff Windows 10.0.18363 149634
  8. USB printer suddenly not seen at all

USB printer suddenly not seen at all: Hi, I recently built a new PC with Windows 10. My printer is an Epson XP-760. It printed fine at first, but suddenly it wouldn't print. The printer showed as active, but print commands didn't even get to the printer's que. I tried other USB ports and cables, reinstalling, but...
  9. Cannot find network printer (or, Where is \\winprint in Windows 10?)

Cannot find network printer (or, Where is \\winprint in Windows 10?): Hi everybody! I remember with Windows 7 and 8 I used to be able to discover network printers going on \\winprint, and then double-clicking on them so that they would install (fetching the drivers from the network) and then appear in the control panel under "Devices and...
  10. Cannot find printer on Vista PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot find printer on Vista PC: Hi When I had W7 on this I had the PC use the printer on my Vista PC. When W10 was installed on this PC it did not show the printer on the Vista PC, W10 showed the Network as Public, I have changed it to private. I have checked sharing options on both PC's and...