Windows 10: Windows 10 suddenly extremely slow and inconsistent and I have no idea what to do about it,...

Discus and support Windows 10 suddenly extremely slow and inconsistent and I have no idea what to do about it,... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As the title says, one day very suddenly my computer became extremely slow -- the major issues are as follows: - Startup takes about 10x longer than... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Mad_Cyantist, Mar 12, 2021.

1. Windows 10 suddenly extremely slow and inconsistent and I have no idea what to do about it,...

As the title says, one day very suddenly my computer became extremely slow -- the major issues are as follows:

- Startup takes about 10x longer than it used to
    - Applications take about 5x longer than they used to to open
    - Applications (especially Spotify, Discord and Photoshop) will crash about 15 or so times before opening successfully; sometimes they won't open at all
    - Typing in any field sometimes extremely laggy; occurs inconsistently
    - General usability is sluggish, e.g. file explorer takes a long time to open, general windows UI elements take a long time to load and do not respond to clicks for a while
    - Everything in general seems slow, unreliable and inconsistent in performance

I have checked task manager, there never seem to be any spikes in CPU or RAM usage, I've also run several virus scans, to no avail. Even an update didn't fix it.

I am completely at a loss and the only option I can see for myself is reinstalling windows 10, which is very much a last resort option for me.

As you can probably imagine using my PC had now become extremely tedious, seeing as these issues crop in and out inconsistently, but are always there to some degree well after startup. I can't remedy any of them even a little bit and I would be extremely grateful for any of your help or advice

Thanks!

submitted by /u/Mad_Cyantist
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Mad_Cyantist, Mar 12, 2021

2. Extremely slow pc suddenly windows 8.1

Windows 8.1 suddenly my pc is extremely slow any suggestions please

johnsonconnie, Mar 12, 2021
  3. Jumplist sometimes extremely slow

I bought a new laptop with Windows 10 recently.

Only after a few days, the jump lists started to get extremely slow.

But they behave that way just for a while, then they work as they should again.

When slow, it takes several minutes for the jump list to appear. It is extremely annoying. Especially e.g. when I have opened a remote desktop and want to open another one via the jumplist.

I had exactly the same problem with my old Windows 7 PC and assumed that I would get rid of that problem,
    changing both PC and OS, but no.

I do not want the standard answers to this problem:

- Disable Aero

- Clear the (Explorer) Cache for Jump lists

- etc.

It is definitely something else. I mean, how would the jump list cache get full after only a week? And why does the jump list get slow only sometimes and then suddenly works just fine again?

So please, give me an answer that takes this into consideration.

Anders Edvin, Mar 12, 2021
  4. Windows 10 suddenly extremely slow and inconsistent and I have no idea what to do about it,...

Windows 10 EXTREMELY slow performance!

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to run the System Maintenance troubleshooter by following the steps provided below and check for status.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View All in the top left pane.
    • From the list click on System Maintenance and follow the on screen prompts.

Also, suggest you to check if the issue persists in Safe Mode.

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 12, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 suddenly extremely slow and inconsistent and I have no idea what to do about it,...

1. Windows 10 suddenly extremely slow and inconsistent and I have no idea what to do about it,... - Similar Threads - suddenly extremely slow

2. Sign in suddenly extremely slow

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign in suddenly extremely slow: All of a sudden my login process takes a minute or more from the point after I enter a valid password until the desktop opens.I have tried editing my startup preferences, which may have helped a second or two but not 60.I had accidentally invoked the dreaded 'log in with...
  3. Sign in suddenly extremely slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign in suddenly extremely slow: All of a sudden my login process takes a minute or more from the point after I enter a valid password until the desktop opens.I have tried editing my startup preferences, which may have helped a second or two but not 60.I had accidentally invoked the dreaded 'log in with...
  4. Sign in suddenly extremely slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I am wondering if the programmers at microsoft have any idea about what they are doing or not?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am wondering if the programmers at microsoft have any idea about what they are doing or not?: I am seeing PC after PC where the user has ran windows update, or shut their machine down one night to boot it back up and suddenly windows is unable to boot. Then they're brought to me, and windows own troubleshooting tools can't fix it, or has no access leaving with no...
  6. Everything extremely slow suddenly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Everything extremely slow suddenly: My laptop was running fine up until about 2 days ago. Now it is extremely slow with everything including task manager and settings. Restarting doesn't help at all and I haven't installed anything recently. I've had malwarebytes do a full scan and it found nothing. The task...
  7. Gets stuck on this page forever, everytime. What do I do. It is extremely, extremely slow...

Gets stuck on this page forever, everytime. What do I do. It is extremely, extremely slow...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MightCatchARico [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jdp687/gets_stuck_on_this_page_forever_everytime_what_do/
  8. I have no idea what to do. Please help.

I have no idea what to do. Please help.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/mermaps [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eoeo8v/i_have_no_idea_what_to_do_please_help/
  9. sudden extremely slow hp laptop on windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sudden extremely slow hp laptop on windows 10: A couple weeks ago my hp laptop suddenly began running very slowly. I have never had this happen before. the laptop is three years old and I have plenty of memory left. I d/l malwarebytes and it found one pup and quaranteed it. I d/led spybot and adaware and found basically...
  10. Windows 10 ethernet suddenly extremely slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 ethernet suddenly extremely slow: About a month ago, I assembled a new desktop build. The ethernet was initially very slow, but installing the Realtek ethernet drivers fixed that. About three weeks ago, I shut the computer off. I came back to it yesterday, and upon booting it up, the ethernet was extremely...