Windows 10: Windows 10 suddenly extremely unstable

Discus and support Windows 10 suddenly extremely unstable in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, This is one of the very first times ive used Ms community so this question is probably not formatted correctly, you'll have to forgive me.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Xono04, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Xono04 Win User

Windows 10 suddenly extremely unstable

Hi,

This is one of the very first times ive used Ms community so this question is probably not formatted correctly, you'll have to forgive me.

Over the past year or so ive owned my current computer ive taken good care of the system, using disk cleanup often and keeping things updated as they come out. However for some reason suddenly out of nowhere my system has become extremely unstable. If it helps, these are the type of things it will do;

-File explorer randomly stops responding, system locks up

-Random programs that usually run normally freeze, system locks up and sometimes blue screens

-Windows explorer randomly stops working, freezes desktop and sometimes resets my desktop icons to random places

-Quite recently now, my external hard drive starts freaking out for no reason and turns off and on rapidly causes file explorer to stop responding, locks up system

I figured a reinstall of windows will do the trick, but id like that to be somewhat of a last resort. I want to see if anyone can find a fix for this before I resort to that.

Any help is appreciated!

:)

Xono04, Dec 21, 2020

2. Extremely slow pc suddenly windows 8.1

Windows 8.1 suddenly my pc is extremely slow any suggestions please

johnsonconnie, Dec 21, 2020
  3. File Explorer extremely slow and unstable.

So I just took part in the Windows 10 Insider Preview a couple of days ago, and I have to say, Windows 10 is a great step up from Windows 8, they did an excellent job so far. There's just one problem: File Explorer is extremely hard to use. Not only does the file explorer freeze all the time (even on folders with almost nothing in them), when it does freeze, it goes back to the top of the folder when it unfreezes.

What I mean is that I can be half-way down a 260-count file folder, like this:

Windows 10 suddenly extremely unstable [​IMG]

Then it will freeze, and after it unfreezes, it goes back to the top of the folder, like so:

Windows 10 suddenly extremely unstable [​IMG]

Doing simple tasks such as moving, copying, renaming, deleting and even scrolling and clicking causes File Explorer to freeze, sometimes even when it's idle!

And what's weirder is that the glitch doesn't happen when your opening a file for a specific program (say you click 'open' in Word and you get the 'Open' dialog box where you can pick a file).

I posted this over to Windows Feedback too, but I don't think it supports user comments, so I'm posting here to see if there's any fix. If there's any fix for this, let me know. It's been annoying me for a while now.

JusMyBASSCannon, Dec 21, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 suddenly extremely unstable - Similar Threads - suddenly extremely unstable

2. Sudden extreme mouse stutter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden extreme mouse stutter: So, suddenly after a random PC reboot during the night, my mouse has become super sluggish when my computer is under heavy load. the computer isn't sluggish only the mouse is. I do 3d modeling so i use a lot of resources but it was never like this before. Normally, when my...
  3. Sign in suddenly extremely slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign in suddenly extremely slow: All of a sudden my login process takes a minute or more from the point after I enter a valid password until the desktop opens.I have tried editing my startup preferences, which may have helped a second or two but not 60.I had accidentally invoked the dreaded 'log in with...
  4. Sign in suddenly extremely slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sign in suddenly extremely slow: All of a sudden my login process takes a minute or more from the point after I enter a valid password until the desktop opens.I have tried editing my startup preferences, which may have helped a second or two but not 60.I had accidentally invoked the dreaded 'log in with...
  5. my windows 10 is all sudden unstable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    my windows 10 is all sudden unstable: (ctrl+alt+del) doesn't work too ,windows freezes completely, especially when system resource is used fully ( like ram/cpu/disk usage 90-100% ) ,this happens 90% time when i am trying to run some heavy task ( unreal engine opening level ,blender rendering,or using an emulator...
  6. Mouse without Borders Suddenly Unstable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse without Borders Suddenly Unstable: I have been using MWB for years now. Even as I type this, on my slave unit (second PC), it keeps disconnecting. I will wait a few moments, and the Mouse Cursor Re-appears. I have Saved MINI-Logs and nothing seems to come up as to an error.. It just did it AGAIN and my...
  7. sudden extremely slow hp laptop on windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sudden extremely slow hp laptop on windows 10: A couple weeks ago my hp laptop suddenly began running very slowly. I have never had this happen before. the laptop is three years old and I have plenty of memory left. I d/l malwarebytes and it found one pup and quaranteed it. I d/led spybot and adaware and found basically...
  8. Windows 10 ethernet suddenly extremely slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 ethernet suddenly extremely slow: About a month ago, I assembled a new desktop build. The ethernet was initially very slow, but installing the Realtek ethernet drivers fixed that. About three weeks ago, I shut the computer off. I came back to it yesterday, and upon booting it up, the ethernet was extremely...
  9. Windows 10 sudden extremely slow connection and connection unstability.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 sudden extremely slow connection and connection unstability.: The OS was operating perfectly fine, 500kb/s average download speeds which is normal for me. Suddenly one day, plummeted down to 10-20kb/s and slowly drops to 0. Ive tried scanning for viruses, no effect. Ive disabled firewalls, no effect. Played around with settings,...
  10. File Explorer extremely slow and unstable.

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer extremely slow and unstable.: So I just took part in the Windows 10 Insider Preview a couple of days ago, and I have to say, Windows 10 is a great step up from Windows 8, they did an excellent job so far. There's just one problem: File Explorer is extremely hard to use. Not only does the file explorer...