Windows 10: Windows 10 suddenly freeze occasionally recently

Discus and support Windows 10 suddenly freeze occasionally recently in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 10 suddenly freeze occasionally recently. When that happens, I only can move the mouse, the screen looks normal, but completely unable to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Fumiya.org, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Windows 10 suddenly freeze occasionally recently

Windows 10 suddenly freeze occasionally recently.

When that happens, I only can move the mouse, the screen looks normal, but completely unable to type something from keyboard, windows key shortcut keys e.g. win-L to sleep, clicking windows, moving windows, just able to move mouse cursor, anything else freezes. Therefore, when that happens, I couldn't help but no way other that forcefully turn off the computer physically.

I don't use or installed lately any strange software or Windows registry setting or so on. **I'm sure these bugs are because of Windows 10's recent major updates. **, or some compatibility issue between the new Windows and a software or its library.

Kindly allow me note something I noticed here:

- When that happens, I think I was doing some kind of overload stuff. Exactly when the happens, an Chrome tab was loading gmail, at the same time I was trying to search on Evernote. something like that.

- Or also I think I was using Windows's built in shortcut key Alt-Tab right before that freezes happen.

- I think when the happens I was opening relatively a lot of windows e.g. 3 VS code instances, 300 brave browser tabs, 12 Hyper console tabs, and so on. Disclaimer: these numbers are quite normal for me usually, I used to open at most 600 or so chrome tabs, along with lots of software, still I had never experienced Windows 10's entire freezing like now this case. Also I have good CPU and 64gb mem, I don't think that kind of overload should be a problem here

So, kindly let me know anyone have an idea for the issue to solve the issue or workaround the issue when that happens next time, without turning off the computer. Any comments from the Microsoft community would greatly help me and anyone who has the same issue. Thank you.

:)

Fumiya.org, Feb 7, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 7, 2021
  3. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Feb 7, 2021
  4. Windows 10 suddenly freeze occasionally recently

Windows 10 Suddenly Starts to Lag

Hello,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • Are you using any 3rd party antivirus program?

Meanwhile, we suggest performing the suggested steps on this article
    on how to improve the performance of your Windows 10 device.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Feb 7, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 suddenly freeze occasionally recently

1. Windows 10 suddenly freeze occasionally recently - Similar Threads - suddenly freeze occasionally

2. Occasionally, all windows freeze

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Occasionally, all windows freeze: There's no specific cause identified. It was just happened randomly and happened three times this day, two times yesterday.Charateristics of the bug:-All windows freeze, such that any input e.g. clicking on GUI, etc. has no respond.-Taskbar funtionality works perfectly OK,...
  3. Occasional PC freeze

in Windows 10 Support
    Occasional PC freeze: In the past 2 days my PC has frozen a couple of times each day. Brief system spec.: Windows 10 Pro V.1909 (Build 18363.900). Reverted from 2004 10 days ago, suspected Macrium Reflect problem (not the case) AV: Kaspersky Free Motherboard: Gigabyte P55-USB3 (Socket 1156) RAM:...
  4. desktop occasionally freezes

desktop occasionally freezes: every now and then when im on my desktop, as i right click an icon to bring up the contextual menu it waits and waits and does nothing and so I have to resort to repeatedly clicking which causes the desktop to fade a light grey as any program does when its no longer...
  5. Windows occasionally crashes and computer occasionally freezes.

Windows occasionally crashes and computer occasionally freezes.: I have no idea where to start with this issue. All I know is that my computer will rarely crash and restart itself and when I go to check the reliability report in the action center, the only information it gives me is that "Windows shut down unexpectedly". I don't get a blue...
  6. Windows 10 suddenly freezes

Windows 10 suddenly freezes: Dear Community, I need some advice on a problem that I tried to fix in 100 ways with no success. I have a notebook that runs Windows 10. Its performance is great but it increasingly manifests an issue: during the booting or right afterwards the disk would go up to 100%...
  7. Occasional freeze

Occasional freeze: I've just purchased and installed Windows 10 Home 64bit. The system is occasionally freezing. Not completely though as I can still move the cursor around on the screen. After a couple of minutes, the system resumes back to normal. Sometimes the system stops to a...
  8. Windows 10 freezes occasionally

Windows 10 freezes occasionally: Hello, I've been having problems with my Windows 10 lately, I don't know when exactly has happened to become super slow with occasional freezing. I'm running Windows 10 version 1803, NVIDIA GTX 960, CPU is Intel i7 6700, 8GB ram. I've tried the usual with sfc /scannow,...
  9. Occasional BSOD / freeze

Occasional BSOD / freeze: Hey guys. So, a little backstory - last month, I RMA'd my motherboard (MSI Z97S SLI Krait) and re-installed it. A couple of weeks later, I got random BSODs. There doesn't seem to be a definite pattern to them. Some are while I'm playing a game, some are while I'm just...
  10. Windows 10 Sudden Freezes!

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Sudden Freezes!: Hi, I got this new computer for Christmas and it had Windows 10. I have one issue with Windows 10. Every so often the OS freezes and it stops me from doing anything but open applications and use them. I can't close them I can't open anything Can't use the Taskbar or use...