Windows 10: Windows 10 suddenly freezes

Discus and support Windows 10 suddenly freezes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Dear Community, I need some advice on a problem that I tried to fix in 100 ways with no success. I have a notebook that runs Windows 10. Its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SaraTaira, Dec 20, 2018.

1. SaraTaira Win User

Windows 10 suddenly freezes

Dear Community,

I need some advice on a problem that I tried to fix in 100 ways with no success.

I have a notebook that runs Windows 10. Its performance is great but it increasingly manifests an issue: during the booting or right afterwards the disk would go up to 100% utilisation for NO reason and freezes, with no coming back. I can only do a hard reset. I tried so many things (I tried to shut down every app that automatically starts, deleted so many apps, checked every driver, I have a full viruses protection with Avast, I disabled windows index search and Windows compatibility telemetry, I tried to reset my laptop to the status in which it was 5 months ago when the problem wouldn't occur often, but rarely). The only thing that seems to work is killing soooo many processes, none specific! It is totally random. The problem is that it doesn't work always but only in 50% of the cases and that sometimes it would freeze during the boot so that I can't kill yet tasks.

I hope you understand as I am not an English speaker. Any help would me much appreciated.

Thanks a lot!!!

Sara

:)

SaraTaira, Dec 20, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 20, 2018
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Dec 20, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Dec 20, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 suddenly freezes - Similar Threads - suddenly freezes

2. Sudden Black Screen and Freeze / Windows Kernel Power Event ID 41

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden Black Screen and Freeze / Windows Kernel Power Event ID 41: Hello,My laptop is Hp Pavilion Gaming Laptop. The OS is Windows 11 with the latest updated version. The issue started few days ago where my laptop while using suddenly goes full black screen and i don't have control over it. I have to manually restart to get it to working....
  3. Sudden Black Screen and Freeze / Windows Kernel Power Event ID 41

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden Black Screen and Freeze / Windows Kernel Power Event ID 41: Hello,My laptop is Hp Pavilion Gaming Laptop. The OS is Windows 11 with the latest updated version. The issue started few days ago where my laptop while using suddenly goes full black screen and i don't have control over it. I have to manually restart to get it to working....
  4. Need help interpreting and resolving sudden cubed screen freezing/crash and a recent BSOD...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help interpreting and resolving sudden cubed screen freezing/crash and a recent BSOD...: System: i7700K CPU 4.20GHz 32GB Ram MSI z270 Gaming M7 RTX 2080ti 3.120TB1TB m.2 x 3 + 120gb ssd Windows 10 Home 22H2 Dual monitors 2k - 35, 27Brief overview of issues. First crash instance occurred Sunday evening during a game of Apex where the screen froze up and generated...
  5. Need help interpreting and resolving sudden cubed screen freezing/crash and a recent BSOD...

Need help interpreting and resolving sudden cubed screen freezing/crash and a recent BSOD...: System: i7700K CPU 4.20GHz 32GB Ram MSI z270 Gaming M7 RTX 2080ti 3.120TB1TB m.2 x 3 + 120gb ssd Windows 10 Home 22H2 Dual monitors 2k - 35, 27Brief overview of issues. First crash instance occurred Sunday evening during a game of Apex where the screen froze up and generated...
  6. Need help interpreting and resolving sudden cubed screen freezing/crash and a recent BSOD...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. win 11 suddenly freeze and reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win 11 suddenly freeze and reboot: I have a problem with my brand new Acer Aspire 5 a515 45gfrom time to another win 11 freezes and reboot without the restart page https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-11-suddenly-freeze-and-reboot/11ddb99d-8825-4481-bf4c-a87f87f039ab
  8. win 11 suddenly freeze and reboot

win 11 suddenly freeze and reboot: I have a problem with my brand new Acer Aspire 5 a515 45gfrom time to another win 11 freezes and reboot without the restart page https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-11-suddenly-freeze-and-reboot/11ddb99d-8825-4481-bf4c-a87f87f039ab
  9. Laptop suddenly freezes with blank random color screen when running in battery

Laptop suddenly freezes with blank random color screen when running in battery: It usually seems to happen when RAM or CPU usage becomes higher regardless of battery charge happened when battery is around 70% as well as 35%. The only way I can resume is by force shutdown & restart keeping it plugged in. Battery life doesn't seem to have reduced. I have...
  10. Laptop suddenly freezes with blank random color screen when running in battery

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop suddenly freezes with blank random color screen when running in battery: It usually seems to happen when RAM or CPU usage becomes higher regardless of battery charge happened when battery is around 70% as well as 35%. The only way I can resume is by force shutdown & restart keeping it plugged in. Battery life doesn't seem to have reduced. I have...