Windows 10: Windows 10 suddenly goes very slow

Discus and support Windows 10 suddenly goes very slow in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My Windows 10 desktop sometimes goes very slow and everything is delayed, I have to restart constantly and it's getting irritating, anybody know any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Thisuser, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Thisuser Win User

Windows 10 suddenly goes very slow

My Windows 10 desktop sometimes goes very slow and everything is delayed, I have to restart constantly and it's getting irritating, anybody know any possible causes or solutions?
    Specs:
    CPU: Intel Core i5 6400 2.7 Ghz
    GPU: Intel HD Graphics 530
    RAM: 8 GB
    Windows 10 64-bit

:)

Thisuser, Feb 18, 2017

2. Slow system

I recently installed windows 10 and checked that window defender is on, however my system is very slow suddenly ,pls help?

shuchibahl, Feb 18, 2017
  3. Windows 10 suddenly very, very slow after crashing.

Try resetting the BIOS defaults:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/reset-pc-bios-...

If that does not work:

Press Windows key + X

Click Device Manager

Expand Display adapters

Right click the current display adapter

Click Uninstall

Exit Device Manager

Restart

If you have any non-essential devices attached to your computer, disconnect all of them - keep only mouse and keyboard attached, then boot the system.

Which version of Windows 10 is installed?

Have you installed any new hardware or software recently?

Andre Da Costa, Feb 18, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Please advise if you see the same thing
    a. in Safe Mode
    b. after a clean boot
    Clean Boot - Perform in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts
    (1st part)

Please also post a screenshot of your task manager when your PC is nominally idle (click on column headings to put anything of interest at the top).

Please post a screenshot of your settings here like this:

Windows 10 suddenly goes very slow [​IMG]

Please download and run Crystal Diskinfo (free) and post the result shown (quick blue/orange/red) indication.

Please do this routine scan to check your file system:
    From an admin command prompt
    [Windows key + X, click command prompt (admin)]
    chkdsk C: /F
    Your PC will need to restart.
    Make sure the result is clear or fixed- else do not proceed.
    Post back the result, which you can get after a restart as follows:
    How do I see the results of a CHKDSK that ran on boot? - Ask Leo!

Your PC slowing down could be anything from resource issues to hardware, malware to 3rd party programs. Many things.

What is your exact PC model? (Please add to specs including disk drive details - see mine for example)

dalchina, Feb 19, 2017
  5. Bastet Win User
    Do you have Norton anti virus installed? I have found that my pc will slow down when a full scan is running.

Bastet, Feb 19, 2017
  6. Thisuser Win User
    No, I do not have Norton anti virus.

Thisuser, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 suddenly goes very slow - Similar Threads - suddenly goes very

2. Windows suddenly very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows suddenly very slow: This morning everything just fine, I played one game called Burnout, frames are fine, everything at 60. Suddenly this afternoon and I don't know what triggers it, the frame just stutter. Like crazy, I didn't even change the settings, it just randomly drop, I test another...
  3. Windows suddenly very slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows suddenly very slow: This morning everything just fine, I played one game called Burnout, frames are fine, everything at 60. Suddenly this afternoon and I don't know what triggers it, the frame just stutter. Like crazy, I didn't even change the settings, it just randomly drop, I test another...
  4. Windows 11 hotspot very slow suddenly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 hotspot very slow suddenly: Hello all, My Windows 11 hotspot seems to be very slow all of a sudden. I have been using my laptop's wifi 6 card for hotspot to play VR wirelessly and it always gives a speed of 1200mb but since yesterday it's only giving 286mb, and it's not the problem with VR as it works...
  5. Windows 11 hotspot very slow suddenly

Windows 11 hotspot very slow suddenly: Hello all, My Windows 11 hotspot seems to be very slow all of a sudden. I have been using my laptop's wifi 6 card for hotspot to play VR wirelessly and it always gives a speed of 1200mb but since yesterday it's only giving 286mb, and it's not the problem with VR as it works...
  6. PC suddenly very slow and BSOD

PC suddenly very slow and BSOD: So I bought a new PC one month ago and it was working fine the first few days, but then I started getting BSOD on startup. It would happen rarely so it didn't bother me that much, but yesterday my PC suddenly got very slow. I couldn't play games I used to play, every time I...
  7. PC suddenly very slow and BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC suddenly very slow and BSOD: So I bought a new PC one month ago and it was working fine the first few days, but then I started getting BSOD on startup. It would happen rarely so it didn't bother me that much, but yesterday my PC suddenly got very slow. I couldn't play games I used to play, every time I...
  8. Window 10 Laptop Suddenly Running Very Slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Window 10 Laptop Suddenly Running Very Slow: Greetings, I have a fairly decent laptop with Windows 10 that has been working fine up until yesterday when my laptop sudden started being very slow. When I click on my folders, it would take up to 5secs for the folders window to pop up, which normally would be fairly...
  9. Sound suddenly goes very quiet?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound suddenly goes very quiet?: It's not a problem like dust. If I set it to 100 max it's loud for the first few seconds and then goes extremely quiet. I can't even hear it properly. I've tried checking the sound mixer, unpairing audio devices, checking for new drives (apparently I have the best), disabling...
  10. Windows is suddenly working very slow.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows is suddenly working very slow.: Hello, so approximatelly 2 weeks ago, windows is running very slow. For example to open a Folder it needs usually 1-2 Minutes, when I run Chrome it is just not responding in 2 Minutes after running(so I use Mozilla). I thout that it was because of uninstalled updates, but I...