Windows 10: Windows 10 suddenly having freezing issues

Discus and support Windows 10 suddenly having freezing issues in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone. This is my first post. I've had my Windows 10 on a PC I built running smoothly for a little over 5 years with no issues. Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by InNoTime, Feb 11, 2021.

1. InNoTime Win User

Windows 10 suddenly having freezing issues

Hello everyone. This is my first post.

I've had my Windows 10 on a PC I built running smoothly for a little over 5 years with no issues. Windows 10 version 2004 (OS Build 19041.804).

In the last 5 days or so, the screen will freeze and I'll need to do a soft restart (holding down the reset button). It happens with multiple applications running or with none at all. I've removed all but my essential programs and I'm still only having about 30mins - 2 hours of uptime before the system freezes again.

I'm thinking it is a hardware issue or an OS issue. To test, I'm planning on booting off of a USB stick with ubuntu and letting the PC run for a few hours. If the PC freezes, then I'll start to remove hardware, I suppose. If the ubuntu boot works for as long as I want (e.g. no freezing or locking of the PC), then I'll re-install windows 10.

Does this sound like a good strategy? I don't have extra componentry, so if it is a hardware issue I'm likely stuck and will need to build another PC, right?

Thanks for any and all advice!

:)

InNoTime, Feb 11, 2021

2. Have windows 10, and suddenly my audio stopped

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As the above description is not clear, do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the exactly issue you are facing with audio and how exactly are you trying to access it?
    • What exactly do you mean by: Have windows 10, and suddenly my audio stopped?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system, prior to this issue?

I suggest you to install all the pending updates and audio drivers and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the audio drivers from Device Manager and check.

Steps:

• Right click on the Start
      button from the desktop and select Device Manager.

• Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on
      High Definition Audio Device and click on Update driver software.

• Also, try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website and install them.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 11, 2021
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Feb 11, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 11, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 suddenly having freezing issues - Similar Threads - suddenly having freezing

2. Windows suddenly freezing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows suddenly freezing.: Hi Microsoft Team,Hope you all doing well. Windows is suddenly freezing. it happened last night. when it freezes my mouse and keyboard also not working then I had to do a force shutdown. And it happened now as well. I did force shutdown and restarted it.When i check event...
  3. Windows 10 Keeps Freezing Suddenly

Windows 10 Keeps Freezing Suddenly: My laptop suddenly freezes and I can't do anything except holding the power button to shut down. Testing hardware has shown that all items are working correctly. I thought it might have been caused by the last Windows update, so I updated all drivers with IOBit tools, but it...
  4. Windows 10 suddenly freeze occasionally recently

Windows 10 suddenly freeze occasionally recently: Windows 10 suddenly freeze occasionally recently. When that happens, I only can move the mouse, the screen looks normal, but completely unable to type something from keyboard, windows key shortcut keys e.g. win-L to sleep, clicking windows, moving windows, just able to move...
  5. windows 10 freeze suddenly

windows 10 freeze suddenly: just starting today my windows start to freeze after using amd cleaner utility to fix my amd radeon software https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-freeze-suddenly/aa5910d5-60ba-41c5-a50c-992180fcfaa5
  6. Windows 10 freeze issue

Windows 10 freeze issue: I have a lenovo y50-70 notebook. I am using Windows 10. Last night while ı am playing a game called cs-go the screen froze. Nothing responded. I shut down by pressing the shutdown button. After restart ı entered my credentials desktop opened but after a couple of minutes it...
  7. Suddenly have activate windows issue

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Suddenly have activate windows issue: Some time during mid Dec a activate windows watermark appeared on my screen, I looked it up and most of the results seemed to talk about a similar problem in 2018 where it was a problem on Microsofts side and that it would go away arfter a few days when Microsoft sorted out...
  8. Windows 10 Freezing Issue

Windows 10 Freezing Issue: Hewo! Recently my computer has been freezing alot, it always freezes at random times and after a random amount of seconds it un-freezes. Sometimes when the computer freezes for over 10 seconds the internet disconnects and i need to re-plug it, and if over 60 seconds it can...
  9. Windows 10 suddenly freezes

Windows 10 suddenly freezes: Dear Community, I need some advice on a problem that I tried to fix in 100 ways with no success. I have a notebook that runs Windows 10. Its performance is great but it increasingly manifests an issue: during the booting or right afterwards the disk would go up to 100%...
  10. Windows 10 Sudden Freezes!

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Sudden Freezes!: Hi, I got this new computer for Christmas and it had Windows 10. I have one issue with Windows 10. Every so often the OS freezes and it stops me from doing anything but open applications and use them. I can't close them I can't open anything Can't use the Taskbar or use...