Windows 10: Windows 10 suddenly not activated after years of being activated

Discus and support Windows 10 suddenly not activated after years of being activated in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Last night, my Windows 10 20H2 is suddenly not activated, giving an error code of 0x8007007B. I've had this copy of windows since Windows 8 when was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by protagonist99, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Windows 10 suddenly not activated after years of being activated

Last night, my Windows 10 20H2 is suddenly not activated, giving an error code of 0x8007007B. I've had this copy of windows since Windows 8 when was upgraded for free to Windows 10. I bought the copy of Windows 8 so long ago I didn't remember the product key. Is there a way to fix this?

:)

protagonist99, Dec 22, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

How long did you wait for activation?
    When I re-installed with a fresh install... it took a few hours to sync and activate.
    However, it did, finally, activate.

95Viper, Dec 22, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

I did a full clean install of Windows 10 a while back and it will not activate. I didn't do a clean install from Windows 7/8/8.1 it was from Windows 10 (activated) so I expected it to activate just fine since it was fine before hand.

My Windows 10 license wasn't created from a previous Windows 7/8/8.1 key I got it from signing up to be an insider back in Nov of 2014. I installed a preview build on my laptop from the insider program and it worked just fine and it automatically upgraded to newer and newer preview builds and then to the full release automatically, fully activated and working fine. I did a full clean install not long ago (expect it to go through without issue since it was working before) and now it will not activate and I can't find any info on how to get it to activate and I can't seem to find the insider Windows 10 key.

Microsoft online support was useless and the gave me the toll free number to tech support.. I am currently on the phone waiting, they said it could be a 1hr 30min wait.. sigh.. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

LightningJR, Dec 22, 2020
  4. qubit Win User

Windows 10 suddenly not activated after years of being activated

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

This kinda sucks. However, if one is upgrading from a retail W7/8, then it should activate on different hardware, with possible phone activation required if it's been over 120 days or whatever the timeout period is now since the last activation. Remember to erase the copy on the old hardware, of course.

qubit, Dec 22, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 suddenly not activated after years of being activated

1. Windows 10 suddenly not activated after years of being activated - Similar Threads - suddenly activated years

2. Activate Windows after already activated for years.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate Windows after already activated for years.: Around November 2021 I downloaded a windows update that seems to have had corrupted my ucrtbase_clr0400.dll ver 12/7/19 file. Making me unable to install or update programs Discord wouldn't open because it needed an update and emulators wouldn't install. I would get a bad...
  3. Activate Windows after already activated for years.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activate Windows after already activated for years.: Around November 2021 I downloaded a windows update that seems to have had corrupted my ucrtbase_clr0400.dll ver 12/7/19 file. Making me unable to install or update programs Discord wouldn't open because it needed an update and emulators wouldn't install. I would get a bad...
  4. Activate Windows after already activated for years.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 was activated for years not it is not and I cann activate it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 was activated for years not it is not and I cann activate it.: I installed Windows 10 a while ago with no problem. Now it says I need to activate it. But I cannot as it says: we cannot connect to your organizations activation server. The problem is that the computer has never been connected to an organization it has always been a private...
  6. Windows 10 was activated for years not it is not and I cann activate it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 was activated for years not it is not and I cann activate it.: I installed Windows 10 a while ago with no problem. Now it says I need to activate it. But I cannot as it says: we cannot connect to your organizations activation server. The problem is that the computer has never been connected to an organization it has always been a private...
  7. Windows 10 was activated for years not it is not and I cann activate it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Activate Windows after 2 years

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate Windows after 2 years: I bought my pc from a reputable retailer 2 years ago and activated Windows at that time Today I woke my computer from hibernation, and there's a permanent message on the screen telling me to activate Windows Why is it asking me to do that? I've already activated it I...
  9. Windows suddenly says it cannot be activated after years of use

Windows suddenly says it cannot be activated after years of use: I have an Asus laptop that I bought in 2014. It came with Windows 8 preinstalled, and I upgraded it to Windows 10 through the free upgrade program that Microsoft offered when Windows 10 came out. I changed the laptop's hard drive to an ssd back in 2015, and had no problem...
  10. Windows 10 activation stopped after several years

Windows 10 activation stopped after several years: Hello, I have an Inspiron 5437 bought 2014 with preloaded Windows 8.1. Worked fine. In 2015 or 16 it was automatically upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. All OK except webcam stopped working. Never mind. Last week I started the laptop after a gap of 6 months and windows activation...