Windows 10: Windows 10 suddenly says Activation Needed several days ago

Discus and support Windows 10 suddenly says Activation Needed several days ago in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; The Windows Activation Troubleshooter says "Something prevented us from communicating with our activation servers. Wait a few minutes and try again.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MythicEVIL, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Windows 10 suddenly says Activation Needed several days ago

The Windows Activation Troubleshooter says "Something prevented us from communicating with our activation servers. Wait a few minutes and try again. (0xc0020036)
    I have had the free upgrade to Windows 10 from years ago when it was first offered. I have never had any issues with Activation before.
    I googled this and I found others with the same issue but no suggested links worked. I thought that making sure that my microsoft account is linked to this pc but still same issue. No other scans show any issues. I figured It almost has to be one of the recent updates or something that caused this issue, so i waited and waited...

:)

MythicEVIL, Jun 23, 2019
  2. Dave1100 Win User

Windows asking for activation every few days??

I upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7 months ago without issue. Now after the fall update (1511) it tells me every few days that windows 10 is not activated. I go thru the steps to enter my windows 7 product key and it says I am now activated yet a
    day or two later back to non-activated status.

Dave1100, Jun 23, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Jun 23, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 suddenly says Activation Needed several days ago

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

How long did you wait for activation?
    When I re-installed with a fresh install... it took a few hours to sync and activate.
    However, it did, finally, activate.

95Viper, Jun 23, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 suddenly says Activation Needed several days ago

1. Windows 10 suddenly says Activation Needed several days ago - Similar Threads - suddenly says Activation

2. Suddenly need to activate windows 10 again.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Suddenly need to activate windows 10 again.: Hi, I had to force shut down my computer a few days ago and then a watermark appeared in the bottom right saying I needed to activate windows. I updated to the most recent update that became available 5/18/21 and the watermark disappeared, but when I go to Activation in the...
  3. Network discovery stopped working suddenly a couple of days ago.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network discovery stopped working suddenly a couple of days ago.: I am not exactly sure when this started but I can no longer see computers and printers on my network. I think it started a day or two ago. I noticed it yesterday when I tried to print something and I got the message that the printer was offline. I then checked my network and...
  4. Windows needs to activate all of the sudden.

Windows needs to activate all of the sudden.: 3 years ago I bought a 3rd party pre built pc and it was running fine. yesterday I put in a new motherboard and now it is asking for me to activate windows and I don't have a product key. What should I do?...
  5. Microphone has suddenly stopped working a few days ago

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone has suddenly stopped working a few days ago: Hello, recently my microphone stopped working when using discord, all my other audio works fine but my microphone won't emit anything. This isn't exclusive to discord either, if I go to the recording and playback window and click on listen to this device it just outputs...
  6. I updated Windows 10 a few days ago, and now suddenly lag issues in everything.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I updated Windows 10 a few days ago, and now suddenly lag issues in everything.: I'm working off a laptop and have never had any of these issues until a few days ago when Windows announced it was automatically updating Windows 10 and upgrading. Fine. I let the laptop do its thing. But now: 1.) When I type, there's a pause every few seconds and the words...
  7. Windows 10 is crashing several times a day

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 is crashing several times a day: Windows 10 is crashing several times a day.I dont know why this happens.And have no idea how to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10/96c9a5e9-f365-4311-9db4-d91d41efb0bf
  8. windows 10 was activated but now says needs activating,

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 was activated but now says needs activating,: so basically I had windows 8.1 pro I think it was, it was the top windows 8 anyway. so after windows 10 came out I upgraded and had no issues up until now where my computer says my windows is not activated. Can someone help me get round this issue so I can update my computer...
  9. Several days of functional use, now Windows 10 Won't Activate

Several days of functional use, now Windows 10 Won't Activate: I've tried everything I know how to do within my skill-set(so very little, tbh). I'm getting Error code: 0xC004F012 when I try to Activate through the System menu, I'm getting "remote procedure call failed" when I attempt to do dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth, despite...
  10. Windows key suddenly stopped working a few days ago.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows key suddenly stopped working a few days ago.: Title. Plugging an external keyboard in and pressing the windows key seems to work, pressing the windows button on my mouse seems to bring up the start menu. Only problem is with the laptop keyboard. I've taken the key off, checked it and everything. No problems there: No...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. something prevented from