Windows 10: Windows 10 suddenly showing "Browser Not Supported"

Discus and support Windows 10 suddenly showing "Browser Not Supported" in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am 70 years old and not fully computer savvy so need help please. I am suddenly getting the message "Video not available" or "Browser not supported"... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by mazzab, Feb 5, 2017.

1. mazzab Win User

Windows 10 suddenly showing "Browser Not Supported"

I am 70 years old and not fully computer savvy so need help please. I am suddenly getting the message "Video not available" or "Browser not supported" when trying to view videos from either my "Home Page" (Nine,com.au or Yahoo7 .com.au)
    or a lot on my Facebook Newsfeed. I recently installed Trend Micro Internet Security but this was a renewal so not the 1st time I have used it.. I have no idea what to do to fix the problem. Can someone help ..in "layman's" terms please. Many thanks.

:)

mazzab, Feb 5, 2017
  2. Ciuby Win User

"Messaging : feature not supported " ERROR on C7

Only in inbox mode. I reinstalled SO , same error..I think I will wait for Belle update Windows 10 suddenly showing "Browser Not Supported" :p . when i install the conv apl , i get : this app is not compatible with your phone

Ciuby, Feb 5, 2017
  3. blitzkid Win User
    "Messaging : feature not supported " ERROR on C7

I couldn't have given a better and clearer explanation than what Tim just posted above. Hope your problem will be solved.

blitzkid, Feb 5, 2017
  4. Windows 10 suddenly showing "Browser Not Supported"

Any chance when you browse type in websites, you use Internet Explorer or do you use another browser like Firefox, Chrome,
    Opera.

Try using Edge, Chrome or Opera and depending upon the browser you use.

Can give steps, if necessary to view YouTube videos.

Frozenoem1, Feb 5, 2017
  5. mazzab Win User
    I am using Edge.. I tried downloading Chrome. months ago but it would not work properly so I in-installed it. I have read a few posts where people are saying they are having the same problem with Chrome and Windows 10

mazzab, Feb 5, 2017
  6. mazzab Win User
    Frozenoem1 ..I am using Edge as that is the only option I have.. I did Download Chrome a few months back but it would not work properly so I in-installed it. I have heard of a few people having the same problem with Chrome and Windows 10.

mazzab, Feb 5, 2017
  7. I use Chrome for you tube, sometimes Edge as well. Is Java enabled in Edge.

Click on the ... in upper right corner.beneath the x to close.

select Settings
    Scroll down to Advanced Settings,
    Select view advanced settings.
    Locate the use Adobe Java Player,
    Move the slider to on.
    Close browser
    Then re-open.

I tried your home pages and they had no problem loading.

Frozenoem1, Feb 5, 2017
  8. mazzab Win User

Hi again, I had a look and I don't have Adobe Java Player.. I have Adobe Flash Player , which is switched on.. Is it the same thing?

I had no problem opening them either until about maybe 7-10 days ago.. At first I thought it was just a glitch but it happens every day and it's really bugging me now.. I had a look at the Microsoft site but there didn't seem to be anything there about the problem..

mazzab, Feb 5, 2017
  9. Think my phone is unhappy.

Click on ...
    Click on Settings
    Under clear browsing data
    Click on "choose what to clear"
    From the list check "cached data and files "
    Then click on Clear.

That might do it, I need to feed stove, fill sled and sleep.

Frozenoem1, Feb 5, 2017
  10. mazzab Win User
    I will try that, thank you so much for your help. Sleep well and thank you again.

mazzab, Feb 5, 2017
  11. Thnx -10*C/14*F bed is calling.

Frozenoem1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 suddenly showing "Browser Not Supported" - Similar Threads - suddenly showing Browser

2. Support lock down browser?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Support lock down browser?: Can windows 11 supports responds lock down browser? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/support-lock-down-browser/6bd6aced-6b87-4b80-aaa3-c85be53392c4
  3. Support lock down browser?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Support lock down browser?: Can windows 11 supports responds lock down browser? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/support-lock-down-browser/6bd6aced-6b87-4b80-aaa3-c85be53392c4
  4. Suddenly Slow Browsers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Suddenly Slow Browsers: I’m not sure what at all changed but all of my browsers are suddenly running slow. My laptop is up to date and I haven’t downloaded anything recently or made any usage changes but my my browsers went from instantly loading pages and being able to handle several tabs open to...
  5. Windows 10 browser sound showing often.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 browser sound showing often.: When i play a video the settings open often[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-browser-sound-showing-often/8c33b951-a3fe-45d3-9e14-995962b0f510
  6. browser is no longer supported

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    browser is no longer supported: We are getting messages that we need a new browser. Edge no longer supports Windows 10 desktop. What browser should we install? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/browser-is-no-longer-supported/8fdee3c3-770b-4041-966b-58274301d946
  7. Chromium browsers to support deeper integration with Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Chromium browsers to support deeper integration with Windows 10: Microsoft is actively making Chromium better by contributing to the open-source project. The software giant has already contributed to the project in several areas, including scrolling improvements, better Progressive Web App support, and much more. After implementing...
  8. Dark mode is not supported for this browser

in Browsers and Email
    Dark mode is not supported for this browser: When trying to get the "dark-mode " ; " Dark mode is not supported for this browser " ...........???...Im on IE11 , Win10........ 136050
  9. Windows 10 Pro suddenly shows deactivated.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro suddenly shows deactivated.: This PC was upgraded with the free Windows 10 upgrade and had been working fine. All of a sudden today there is a notification in Settings "Windows is not activated. Activate WIndows now.". If I try the "troubleshoot" activation it says only a Windows Home license has been...
  10. Default browser settings suddenly not working on my Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default browser settings suddenly not working on my Windows 10: Hi, Every time I have to close and reopen my default browser, which is Firefox 60.0.1, a popup window comes up asking if I want it set to Firefox as my default browser and then in brings up the Default Apps Settings window. This started about the end of June 2018. First,...