Windows 10: Windows 10 suddenly shuts down sounding alarm and displaying weird characters on blue screen

Discus and support Windows 10 suddenly shuts down sounding alarm and displaying weird characters on blue screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Please help with this laptop issue running Windows 10. The first sign that something is wrong is the mouse pointer that turns to different... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Nuvreau_Savaspun, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Windows 10 suddenly shuts down sounding alarm and displaying weird characters on blue screen

Hello,

Please help with this laptop issue running Windows 10.

The first sign that something is wrong is the mouse pointer that turns to different shape.

Next the computer becomes unresponsive, next it sounds an alarm and displays a blue screen with weird characters. I did shut if down from the power button and next I started it up again.

After it came up, I checked the Event Log and I found a bunch of warnings prior to the reboot and also errors after the laptop started up. Please see below some of them, I did export them in .evtx format, if you want me to attach them.

before reboot

The local adapter does not support an important Low Energy controller state to support peripheral mode. The minimum required supported state mask is 0x2491f7fffff, got 0xffffffff. Low Energy peripheral role functionality will not be available.

Name resolution for the name mozilla.org timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

The speed of processor 0 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 7 seconds since the last report.

after reboot:

The previous system shutdown at 10:56:13 PM on ‎11/‎16/‎2020 was unexpected.

Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation.

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Please let me know if you need the whole Event log exported.

Thanks in advance,

Mircea

:)

Nuvreau_Savaspun, Nov 17, 2020
  2. OneMoar Win User

Occasional BSOD while shut down (Windows 10)

sounds like some app or device not unloading cleanly
    @Kursah he said DURNING SHUT DOWN AND ONLY DURING SHUTDOWN
    none of your suggestions are relevant if thats true

open blue screen view and look at the top 5 or 10 entries that should give you a idea on what device is mis-behaving

OneMoar, Nov 17, 2020
  3. Dann Win User
    Windows 7 Blue Screen of Death!

This is the first time i have ever got the blue screen, but it keeps on occurring, and so i cannot get onto that hard drive, it shuts down within a second of the blue screen showing itself, which doesnt give me any time to read it lol. So i am completely confused as there is no Path of: "C:\WINDOWS\Minidump" as well

Thanks for the help, do you have any further suggestions ?

4. itsakjt Win User

Windows 10 suddenly shuts down sounding alarm and displaying weird characters on blue screen

Occasional BSOD while shut down (Windows 10)

Absolutely correct. The system is otherwise rock stable in everything. Gaming, benchmarks, stress tests etc. It is only during shut down that it occasionally happens.
    @OneMoar - I will check blue screen view today after coming from work and report back.

itsakjt, Nov 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 suddenly shuts down sounding alarm and displaying weird characters on blue screen

1. Windows 10 suddenly shuts down sounding alarm and displaying weird characters on blue screen - Similar Threads - suddenly shuts down

2. Windows shut down Blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows shut down Blue screen: while working on brave browsernand listening music on edge system suddenly shut down,I don't the reason but series of errors happenedHere are my specsLenovo Legion 5AMD Ryzen 5 4600H with Radeon Graphics 3.00 GHz8.00 GB ramWindows 10 HomeNvidia gpu geoforce gtx 1650 4gb...
  3. Windows shut down Blue screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows shut down Blue screen: while working on brave browsernand listening music on edge system suddenly shut down,I don't the reason but series of errors happenedHere are my specsLenovo Legion 5AMD Ryzen 5 4600H with Radeon Graphics 3.00 GHz8.00 GB ramWindows 10 HomeNvidia gpu geoforce gtx 1650 4gb...
  4. Windows shut down Blue screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 shut down suddenly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 shut down suddenly: When I work in Excel with a Windows 10 computer, the computer shut down suddenly, but I haven't saved anything yet. Can you fix this problem for me, please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-shut-down-suddenly/cffd2bb1-bc4f-4d99-8c4c-089204eb2119
  6. Windows 10 shut down suddenly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 shut down suddenly: When I work in Excel with a Windows 10 computer, the computer shut down suddenly, but I haven't saved anything yet. Can you fix this problem for me, please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-shut-down-suddenly/cffd2bb1-bc4f-4d99-8c4c-089204eb2119
  7. Windows 10 shut down suddenly

8. Blue screen shutting down

Blue screen shutting down: For the past several weeks I will sometimes get a blue screen that states my "device has run into a problem and need to restart". It then collects data but shuts down when finished. It is not a clean shut down It also displays the message "PNP has detected a fatal error". Any...
  9. Blue screen shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen shutting down: For the past several weeks I will sometimes get a blue screen that states my "device has run into a problem and need to restart". It then collects data but shuts down when finished. It is not a clean shut down It also displays the message "PNP has detected a fatal error". Any...
  10. Blue screen shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming