Windows 10: Windows 10 suddenly started refreshing every second and switches between windows

Discus and support Windows 10 suddenly started refreshing every second and switches between windows in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've had windows 10 for a while now and everything was fine and no updates were done or anything, but suddenly today it started refreshing like every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SarahHassan, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Windows 10 suddenly started refreshing every second and switches between windows

I've had windows 10 for a while now and everything was fine and no updates were done or anything, but suddenly today it started refreshing like every second, and if I have more than one window/page open it keeps switching back to the window that I was on first.

I rand SFC scan but it said that nothing was found.

Please help, I cannot work on it like this.

Thank you so much in advance

:)

SarahHassan, Jun 10, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 10, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jun 10, 2020
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

Windows 10 suddenly started refreshing every second and switches between windows

Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

Thema:

Windows 10 suddenly started refreshing every second and switches between windows

1. Windows 10 suddenly started refreshing every second and switches between windows - Similar Threads - suddenly started refreshing

2. Sound switches between left and right speakers every second

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound switches between left and right speakers every second: For example: if I played audio of a single note I can hear it bounce between the left and right speakers giving a dizzying effect that after a while of listening to music or video gives me a headache. Happens regardless of if it's on mono audio or notDoesn't happen with...
  3. Sound switches between left and right speakers every second

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound switches between left and right speakers every second: For example: if I played audio of a single note I can hear it bounce between the left and right speakers giving a dizzying effect that after a while of listening to music or video gives me a headache. Happens regardless of if it's on mono audio or notDoesn't happen with...
  4. Windows 11 entire home screen refreshing every 1 second

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 entire home screen refreshing every 1 second: Windows homescreen goes black every 1 second, I have no taskbar. I cannot open any apps. I can open windows terminal prompt through taskbar manager but the chkdsk, scannow, and dism commands do not work. I have 1 monitor it's a acer nitro 5 gaming laptop. I have 32gb of ram...
  5. Windows 10 keep refreshing screen and taskbar for every second ...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 keep refreshing screen and taskbar for every second ...: My windows 10 lenova pc has been refreshing screen for every secondsI see only the flickering os screen and task bar. I read almost evey forum suggesting run task manager. But due to this refreshing I couldn't do anything on it. I don't have any idea how to resolve this...
  6. Windows 10 Home -- Device Manager Refreshes Every Couple Of Seconds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Home -- Device Manager Refreshes Every Couple Of Seconds: The Device Manager refreshes every couple of seconds. Running the current version of the system bios on HP. Running the current version of Windows 10 Home with current maintenance applied. Running the current version of each device driver. Use wireless network-attached HP...
  7. Windows 10 keep refreshing every 4 seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 keep refreshing every 4 seconds: My Windows 10 keep refreshing every 4 seconds and I tried a lot of things to solve it but it didn't work at all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-keep-refreshing-every-4-seconds/f965caf2-783c-445f-878f-fa9dada64bf5
  8. Help! Windows keeps refreshing every few seconds

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help! Windows keeps refreshing every few seconds: Hello. I need help ASAP. I am part of the Windows Insider program. Updates are delivered slowest I guess it's called Beta in the settings. So, I remember, that I checked for the updates and found one. Some sort of update for windows 20H or what, i dont remember at all what...
  9. Windows 10 keeps freezing, then refreshing every few seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 keeps freezing, then refreshing every few seconds: I updated to windows insider preview a few weeks ago and now I am expierencing screen/desktop refreshes every few seconds. I can't open any apps except task manager and services from there. please help...
  10. Switching between Windows 10 and Windows 7

in Windows 10 Support
    Switching between Windows 10 and Windows 7: On my machine, I have installed Windows 7 and Windows 10. How to switch between operating systems without restarting computer? 131017