Windows 10: Windows 10 suddenly wants to trim a mechanical HD

Discus and support Windows 10 suddenly wants to trim a mechanical HD in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello everyone, Anyone have any suggestions for this? I just noticed that Windows 10 (build 19042.844) is trimming my Seagate 2TB Hard Drive. [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Sprenon, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Sprenon Win User

Windows 10 suddenly wants to trim a mechanical HD

Hello everyone,

Anyone have any suggestions for this?

I just noticed that Windows 10 (build 19042.844) is trimming my Seagate 2TB Hard Drive.

Windows 10 suddenly wants to trim a mechanical HD [​IMG]

* I did a "trim" search in the forum but only saw ones pertaining to the trim not being done issue from Fall, 2020.

Thank you

* EDIT BELOW *

Just saw an article on Bleeping Computer that this apparently is a known issue.

Guessing I should just turn off scheduled drive optimization.

:)

Sprenon, Feb 25, 2021
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 25, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 25, 2021
  4. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 suddenly wants to trim a mechanical HD - Similar Threads - suddenly wants trim

2. Want to became a mechanic!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Want to became a mechanic!: I'm working as Assistant System Engineer a fresher Windows environment, I want to learn about troubleshooting of Win OSs. Can anybody suggest a way to achieve that. And more importantly I want to learn PowerShell for task automations. Please help me....
  3. Want to became a mechanic!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Want to became a mechanic!: I'm working as Assistant System Engineer a fresher Windows environment, I want to learn about troubleshooting of Win OSs. Can anybody suggest a way to achieve that. And more importantly I want to learn PowerShell for task automations. Please help me....
  4. Want to became a mechanic!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 suddenly wants to trim a mechanical HD

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 suddenly wants to trim a mechanical HD: Hello everyone, Anyone have any suggestions for this? I just noticed that Windows 10 (build 19042.844) is trimming my Seagate 2TB Hard Drive. [img] [img] * I did a "trim" search in the forum but only saw ones pertaining to the trim not being done issue from Fall,...
  6. SSD Trim Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SSD Trim Windows 10: If TRIM is scheduled to run automatically weekly does your computer have to be TURNED ON for it to run? Thanks Bany.. 167625
  7. system mechanic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    system mechanic: System Mechanic has disappeared from my system. It is paid through 01/04/2022. What happened? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-mechanic/6032535b-b9c2-4223-a835-0ce9353f0738
  8. Trimming Videos in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trimming Videos in Windows 10: Why are videos disproportionately smaller after trimming in Windows 10? For instance, if I trim 5 seconds 25% off of a 20 second video the size in megabytes is reduced by lets say 80%. Note: There is topic that fits this question...
  9. WIndows suddenly started defragging my SSD instead of trimming it

in Windows 10 Customization
    WIndows suddenly started defragging my SSD instead of trimming it: I have been using my 850 evo SSD as system drive for 3 years and I have always left Windows to optimize the drives. It's recognized as an SSD and everythin worked fine. Until recently, I noticed the drive's activity light is on when idle. Then I open up task manager and the...
  10. sudden loss of HD space

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sudden loss of HD space: I had almost 300 g of 500 g free and suddenly it went to under 100 g. I did a system restore from before the memory loss and it is still there. can I find these 'files' and delete them or what is the problem? 28473