Windows 10: Windows 10, suddently WORD and Adobe Acrobat will not open???

Discus and support Windows 10, suddently WORD and Adobe Acrobat will not open??? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; AS above https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-suddently-word-and-adobe-acrobat-will/0e986ccc-003e-4266-987e-c5de34b2b20f Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PamelaBostic, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Windows 10, suddently WORD and Adobe Acrobat will not open???

AS above

:)

PamelaBostic, Nov 16, 2019

2. Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro not listed under set default program

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As you are unable to set Adobe Acrobat as default program from settings, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Navigate to the file which you want to open using Adobe Acrobat.
    • Right click on the file and select Open with and click on
      choose another app
    • Check if Adobe Acrobat is listed in the programs list.
    • If not then click on Look for another app on this PC.
    • Navigate to the location where Adobe Acrobat is installed and select the same.
    • Check the box for Always use this app to open files and click on
      OK.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 16, 2019
  3. Adobe Acrobat and Windows 10

Hi Dianne,

Sorry for the delay in response.

If you have issues with acrobat reader, we would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the application.

• To uninstall, type appwiz.cpl
    • Right click adobe acrobat reader and then Uninstall
      it.
    You may also check for the reader app in store and then install it.

Ravinath P, Nov 16, 2019
  4. BulldogXX Win User

Windows 10, suddently WORD and Adobe Acrobat will not open???

Adobe Acrobat

You certainly have my permission to use Adobe Acrobat, if that makes any difference. ;-)

Although you can install applications from a Standard user account with the 'Run as Administrator' option, some applications just install better from an Administrators account.

• Sign in to a user account with Administrators permissions.
    • Download the installer for Adobe Acrobat.
    • Temporarily disable your antivirus protection.
    • Install Adobe Acrobat. Open the program and wait until it's completely loaded.
    • Close Adobe Acrobat. Re-enable your antivirus protection.
    • Sign out of the Administrators account and sign back in to your Standard account.

You should be good to go.

BulldogXX, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10, suddently WORD and Adobe Acrobat will not open???

1. Windows 10, suddently WORD and Adobe Acrobat will not open??? - Similar Threads - suddently WORD Adobe

2. adobe acrobat files cannot be opened why

in Windows 10 Gaming
    adobe acrobat files cannot be opened why: adobe acrobat reader is not working that pdf files are not opening https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-acrobat-files-cannot-be-opened-why/fb1ecfe9-c84a-44e7-b29c-fda2147bc2ef
  3. adobe acrobat won't open except in browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    adobe acrobat won't open except in browser: why don't my pdfs download? i have to have them open in the browser instead and in that format i can't find a search bar.do you know where it is. I'm not getting all the headings that acrobat has because of how i have to download.Acobat says there is nothing wrong when i...
  4. adobe acrobat will not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    adobe acrobat will not open: adobe acrobat runs in administrator profile, but not my regular windows profile. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-acrobat-will-not-open/6dde41dc-3586-4ed6-8f29-26bbf36d0555
  5. adobe acrobat will not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    adobe acrobat will not open: adobe acrobat runs in administrator profile, but not my regular windows profile. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-acrobat-will-not-open/6dde41dc-3586-4ed6-8f29-26bbf36d0555
  6. Open PDF with Adobe Acrobat

Open PDF with Adobe Acrobat: I am using Windows 10, version 10.0.19042 Every time I open a pdf with Adobe Acrobat a window pops up and asks if I want to set Adobe as my default. I say yes and the window closes. If I check settings by file type, I see my preference has been changed to MS Edge. I change it...
  7. Open PDF with Adobe Acrobat

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Open PDF with Adobe Acrobat: I am using Windows 10, version 10.0.19042 Every time I open a pdf with Adobe Acrobat a window pops up and asks if I want to set Adobe as my default. I say yes and the window closes. If I check settings by file type, I see my preference has been changed to MS Edge. I change it...
  8. Adobe Acrobat DC

Adobe Acrobat DC: Cannot open this program. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-acrobat-dc/c97c3d02-10fd-46d6-81a7-4a43138fc0fe
  9. Adobe Acrobat

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Adobe Acrobat: I received an update last night from Adobe Acrobat. The program now closes after about 30 seconds. After 2 hour on the phone today with Adobe they are saying the Admin user needs permissions form MS. Either MS needs to give permission to my account or to migrate my Admin...
  10. Adobe Acrobat

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Adobe Acrobat: I received an update last night from Adobe Acrobat. The program now closes after about 30 seconds. After 2 hour on the phone today with Adobe they are saying the Admin user needs permissions form MS. Either MS needs to give permission to my account or to migrate my Admin...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why cant i print my turbo tax returns