Windows 10: Windows 10 suggests changes on startup

Discus and support Windows 10 suggests changes on startup in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Have been using Windows 10 for a long time, but on my new laptop it's getting to be a problem. On startup it opens with a page suggesting making Bing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GeorgeFlach, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Windows 10 suggests changes on startup

Have been using Windows 10 for a long time, but on my new laptop it's getting to be a problem. On startup it opens with a page suggesting making Bing my default search, and 10 my default browser, and something about new tabs using some kind of Feed. I don't ever use any Feeds, whatever they are. How can I stop that annoying page from appearing every time I start up. Thanks.

:)

GeorgeFlach, Jun 15, 2019
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jun 15, 2019
  3. Kreij Win User
    Adding programs to startup with Windows 7?

You could add entries to the registry to launch the apps on startup, but it's easier to just add them to the startup foler as Newt suggested.

Kreij, Jun 15, 2019
  4. psbecker Win User

Windows 10 suggests changes on startup

Change Folder Icon in Windows 10

I just acquired a new laptop running Windows 10 and am trying to change the icons of the folders in the StartUp "Program" folder so that they would stand out a little better. I used my admin account and followed all the steps listed above, but when I clicked on "Apply", nothing happened. The same basic windows folder icon remained attached to the folder. I also tried to go into Properties and capitalize some of the folder names, but that didn't work either. Looks like something is protecting them, but I cannot figure out what it is much less how to get around this blockage, Any suggestions?

psbecker, Jun 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 suggests changes on startup

1. Windows 10 suggests changes on startup - Similar Threads - suggests changes startup

2. Windows 10 changed startup sequence?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 changed startup sequence?: I noticed after some recent windows update that my programs are loading even before I log on to windows. When I login some or all programs that I usually see starting up after logon are already in the system tray Also sometimes when I try to shutdown system it tells me that...
  3. Change of Windows startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change of Windows startup: On my taskbar, there was a search box. All of a sudden, it is a magnifying glass icon. Previously, when I clicked the Windows icon on the left of my taskbar, I would get a view with all my apps on the left. That is gone. Now, when I click the Windows icon, I get the...
  4. Windows 10 stuck in startup cycle. Any suggestions on how to fix ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 stuck in startup cycle. Any suggestions on how to fix ?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DrukenRebel [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gpq3vt/windows_10_stuck_in_startup_cycle_any_suggestions/
  5. Suggestion: Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Suggestion: Windows 10: I hope this was the right place to put this. Moderators, if this isn't correct then please let me know where to put it! So I had this thought: Windows 10 can be slow on older hardware, or laptops with 4GB of ram.. etc. What if we are able to have windows 10 automatically...
  6. Windows 10 startup sound not changing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 startup sound not changing: I'm trying to change the startup sound on my Windows 10 PC but it keeps playing the default sound even after changing it. I went into Registry Editor and changed ExcludeFromCPL value data to 0 on both WindowsLogon and WindowsLogoff. Then, I went into change system sounds,...
  7. Change Windows 10 startup sound?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change Windows 10 startup sound?: Im trying to change the startup sound on my wife's Windows 10 computer. This used to be easy as I could just go into the Sound Panel and just replace the .wav file for windows startup. Not anymore. I looked up how to do it and found this - see below - and have done...
  8. How to change suggested emails in Windows 10 Share charm?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to change suggested emails in Windows 10 Share charm?: [ATTACH] How can I change these three suggested emails to some others? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-suggested-emails-in-windows-10-share/6e0a0c90-c3f1-464d-8780-95e23a70cc2f
  9. "What has changed" suggestions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "What has changed" suggestions: The best windows keep getting better at; Looooooooooooooooooong boot up time. Endless repair attempts without a fix More problems with drivers and compatibility at no cost Here are some suggestions to your marketing people; Surprise Mode : We have been working on...
  10. Change Windows Startup Sound in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Windows Startup Sound in Windows 10: How to: Change Windows Startup Sound in Windows 10 How to Change Startup Sound in Windows 10 Windows 10 can play a sound at startup to let you know it's loaded and ready. This tutorial will show you how to change the Windows Startup sound to play a WAV file you want...