Windows 10: Windows 10 support for Legacy Intel CPUs

Discus and support Windows 10 support for Legacy Intel CPUs in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I just installed Windows 10 64 bit on a Pentium E5400 which was not supposed to be supported according to this table: Does My Intel(R)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mibaup, Nov 27, 2020.

1. mibaup Win User

Windows 10 support for Legacy Intel CPUs

Hello,

I just installed Windows 10 64 bit on a Pentium E5400 which was not supposed to be supported according to this table:
    Does My Intel(R) Processor Support Microsoft Windows(R) 10?

It's Wolfdale and it worked with build 1809. What does it mean? Because I want to "upgrade" to a Core 2 Quad q9450 instead of the E5400 but I don't know how long will I be able to install Windows 10 on this machine

Thanks

:)

mibaup, Nov 27, 2020
  2. tedsloan Win User

Intel CPU not supported.

I was hoping to move from Win7 to Win10 but when a check is done for computer compatability I get the message -

! CPU The CPU isn't supported (NX)
    Memory OK
    Disk space OK

The CPU is an
    " Intel(R) Core(TM)2 duo CPU E7400 @ 2,8GHz 2.79GHz

The message ends up suggesting that I shop for a new PC online.

Thank you for suggestions.

tedsloan, Nov 27, 2020
  3. Intel XEON CPU Support question

Hi Richard,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

As per your query, I like to inform you that; this query will be better answered by Intel XEON CPU Support forum.

I suggest you to post the same on Intel XEON CPU Support forum.

Refer to the below link:

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/category/processors/xeon/instl_confg

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Nov 27, 2020
  4. Windows 10 support for Legacy Intel CPUs

OpenCL On Intel Legacy CPU

Hey Anyone that's willing to explain this.

I've been asking this question in my head for the past couple of months.

"Can You Get OpenCL On Intel Legacy CPU's without a proper GPU?"

I've been researching for a while. Not finding any helpful information.

I will mark any answer important when downloading any OpenCL required Application.

Wilfred Mui, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 support for Legacy Intel CPUs

1. Windows 10 support for Legacy Intel CPUs - Similar Threads - support Legacy Intel

2. Windows 11 supported CPUs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 supported CPUs: My computer has an Intel Core 17-4500U cpu. Why isn't this supported for Windows 11 and can it be added to the list of supported CPUs? It meets all the specs and other Intel processors are supported....
  3. Windows 11 not supporting CPUs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 not supporting CPUs: My main desktop has an Intel i7-6700 CPU running at 3.4Ghz. Surely that's sufficient to run windows 11 - but the PC Health Check says "No" all other aspects are given the green tick.Is this because MS has not got around to testing that specific CPU or is it something else? If...
  4. Windows 11 not supporting CPUs

Windows 11 not supporting CPUs: My main desktop has an Intel i7-6700 CPU running at 3.4Ghz. Surely that's sufficient to run windows 11 - but the PC Health Check says "No" all other aspects are given the green tick.Is this because MS has not got around to testing that specific CPU or is it something else? If...
  5. Windows 11 Supported CPUs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Supported CPUs: I'd love to know know why my i7-7700K 4.2GHz processor is not supported by Windows 11, other than in attempt to force me to buy a new computer or processor. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it and easily outperforms lower end supported CPUs....
  6. Windows 11 not supporting CPUs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 not supporting CPUs: My main desktop has an Intel i7-6700 CPU running at 3.4Ghz. Surely that's sufficient to run windows 11 - but the PC Health Check says "No" all other aspects are given the green tick. Is this because MS has not got around to testing that specific CPU or is it something else?...
  7. Windows 11 not supporting CPUs

Windows 11 not supporting CPUs: My main desktop has an Intel i7-6700 CPU running at 3.4Ghz. Surely that's sufficient to run windows 11 - but the PC Health Check says "No" all other aspects are given the green tick. Is this because MS has not got around to testing that specific CPU or is it something else?...
  8. Windows 11 Supported CPUs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Supported CPUs: So I have a quite low-end laptop, but I did some research and apparently it's should support Windows 11 but it doesn't meet system requirements. I have everything: TPM 2.0, Secure Boot, 4GB RAM, 1GHz CPU with 2 cores etc. , the only thing that's not supported is CPU model. I...
  9. Windows 11 Supported CPUs

Windows 11 Supported CPUs: So I have a quite low-end laptop, but I did some research and apparently it's should support Windows 11 but it doesn't meet system requirements. I have everything: TPM 2.0, Secure Boot, 4GB RAM, 1GHz CPU with 2 cores etc. , the only thing that's not supported is CPU model. I...
  10. Latest Intel CPUs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Latest Intel CPUs: I love keeping up on the latest and greatest, and Intel is at it again! Say hello to the 10 core, 20 thread i7-6950x: http://ark.intel.com/products/94456/Intel-Core-i7-6950X-Processor-Extreme-Edition-25M-Cache-up-to-3_50-GHz Obviously between the fact that very few if any...