Windows 10: Windows 10 support for Legacy Intel CPUs

Discus and support Windows 10 support for Legacy Intel CPUs in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I just installed Windows 10 64 bit on a Pentium E5400 which was not supposed to be supported according to this table: Does My Intel(R)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mibaup, Nov 27, 2020.

1. mibaup Win User

Windows 10 support for Legacy Intel CPUs

Hello,

I just installed Windows 10 64 bit on a Pentium E5400 which was not supposed to be supported according to this table:
    Does My Intel(R) Processor Support Microsoft Windows(R) 10?

It's Wolfdale and it worked with build 1809. What does it mean? Because I want to "upgrade" to a Core 2 Quad q9450 instead of the E5400 but I don't know how long will I be able to install Windows 10 on this machine

Thanks

:)

mibaup, Nov 27, 2020
  2. tedsloan Win User

Intel CPU not supported.

I was hoping to move from Win7 to Win10 but when a check is done for computer compatability I get the message -

! CPU The CPU isn't supported (NX)
    Memory OK
    Disk space OK

The CPU is an
    " Intel(R) Core(TM)2 duo CPU E7400 @ 2,8GHz 2.79GHz

The message ends up suggesting that I shop for a new PC online.

Thank you for suggestions.

tedsloan, Nov 27, 2020
  3. Intel XEON CPU Support question

Hi Richard,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

As per your query, I like to inform you that; this query will be better answered by Intel XEON CPU Support forum.

I suggest you to post the same on Intel XEON CPU Support forum.

Refer to the below link:

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/category/processors/xeon/instl_confg

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Nov 27, 2020
  4. Windows 10 support for Legacy Intel CPUs

OpenCL On Intel Legacy CPU

Hey Anyone that's willing to explain this.

I've been asking this question in my head for the past couple of months.

"Can You Get OpenCL On Intel Legacy CPU's without a proper GPU?"

I've been researching for a while. Not finding any helpful information.

I will mark any answer important when downloading any OpenCL required Application.

Wilfred Mui, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 support for Legacy Intel CPUs

1. Windows 10 support for Legacy Intel CPUs - Similar Threads - support Legacy Intel

2. Legacy BIOS Boot Support Removal for Intel Platform

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Legacy BIOS Boot Support Removal for Intel Platform: Intel Announcement Legacy BIOS Boot Support Removal for Intel Platforms Technical Advisory 163551
  3. does normal windows 10 pro support multi-CPUs

does normal windows 10 pro support multi-CPUs: Hi, windows 10 pro for workstation supports up to 4 CPUs. what about windows 10 pro?Can I install it on DEL R730 with 2 CPUs intel E5-2609v4? Thinks Best wishes...
  4. Legacy mode is not supported

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Legacy mode is not supported: HI, Ive bought a brand new Laptop with no operating system (DOS) While trying to install windows 10 from a bootable USB stick the following problem occures : I cant activate Legacy mode ,the option is not even there ! ,Only UEFI is supported . Note that i've disabled fast...
  5. windows xp legacy support on Win 10

windows xp legacy support on Win 10: Is there a version of windows ten that will support, emulate, or run windows XP legacy software from a third party. He has an old Alps printer that has not been updated for later operating systems, and he needs to update his hardware....
  6. Intel Atom Z2560 "Intel's Atom Clove CPUs"

Intel Atom Z2560 "Intel's Atom Clove CPUs": Hello, I have a older Tablet sitting around in my shelf and I tough it would be nice to have a windows tablet to play around with. How ever I found out that the Processor my tablet is using "Intel Atom Z2560" which had Problems back in 2017. My question is is this still the...
  7. Does Windows 10 home support two physical CPUs?

Does Windows 10 home support two physical CPUs?: Hi, Does Windows 10 Home support two physical CPUs? Thanks 8841
  8. Latest Intel CPUs

Latest Intel CPUs: I love keeping up on the latest and greatest, and Intel is at it again! Say hello to the 10 core, 20 thread i7-6950x: http://ark.intel.com/products/94456/Intel-Core-i7-6950X-Processor-Extreme-Edition-25M-Cache-up-to-3_50-GHz Obviously between the fact that very few if any...
  9. Intel CPUs Vulnerable to New 'BranchScope' Attack

in Windows 10 News
    Intel CPUs Vulnerable to New 'BranchScope' Attack: Researchers have discovered a new side-channel attack method that can be launched against devices with Intel processors, and the patches released in response to the Spectre and Meltdown vulnerabilities might not prevent these types of attacks. The new attack, dubbed...
  10. Intel Removing Legacy BIOS Support from Motherboard UEFI in 2020

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Removing Legacy BIOS Support from Motherboard UEFI in 2020: Intel is working on a plan to remove so-called "last-mile" barriers to killing off legacy BIOS by requiring UEFI Class 3, which doesn't expose legacy BIOS interfaces. BIOS is the firmware that helped older PCs boot up after powering on and offered a runtime for the...