Windows 10: Windows 10 Surface Book 2, won't stay asleep.

Discus and support Windows 10 Surface Book 2, won't stay asleep. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a Surface Book 2 (15") with Windows 10. No matter what, it won't stay asleep. Looked in Event Log, no events logged for waking up. Pressing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by The One Who Exists Not., Jun 8, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Surface Book 2, won't stay asleep.

I have a Surface Book 2 (15") with Windows 10. No matter what, it won't stay asleep.

Looked in Event Log, no events logged for waking up.

Pressing the sleep button throws the sleep mode briefly then enters the login screen, hitting the sleep button a second time puts the computer to sleep.

Any Bluetooth device seems to be able to wake the computer up.

Any USB device seems to be able to wake the computer up.

Checked in device manager, everything either has the allow this device to wake the computer up disabled or doesn't have the tab for that option.

powercfg shows no last wakeup (0) and no devices that are wake_armed.

I've disabled wake from USB from the surface UEFI?

I basically want to disable anything other than the keyboard or the power button from waking the surface up. I am okay with only the power button waking the surface up.

I am on Windows 10 Insider Preview 10.0.18362.30 (19h1_release) amd64 2019-04 . I haven't been able to return to the non-insider build (and I would rather not format the computer).

:)

The One Who Exists Not., Jun 8, 2019

2. Surface Pro 2, windows 10, won't stay asleep

Same issue here with Surface Pro 2 and upgrade to Windows 10. Will not stay asleep, plus the fan runs more frequently. Updates cause system reboot but if I had things open they are lost. Windows 8.1 used to take the computer back to where I was. Various
    other bugs.

PaulDeane161, Jun 8, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    New Update for Surface Book 2 on Windows 10 April 2018 v1803 - May 9

Source: Update for Surface Book 2 (09 May 2018) Surface

See also: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4055398

Brink, Jun 8, 2019
  4. PJA47 Win User

Windows 10 Surface Book 2, won't stay asleep.

Surface Pro 2, windows 10, won't stay asleep

Also had this on PC with Windows 10 since installing. Solved (at least for now) by turning off the network card's ability to wake up the PC. Disabling that facility in the keyboard and mouse made no difference. It was only when I did the network card that
    it stayed asleep.

PJA47, Jun 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Surface Book 2, won't stay asleep.

1. Windows 10 Surface Book 2, won't stay asleep. - Similar Threads - Surface Book won't

2. Surface Book 2 Ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface Book 2 Ethernet: Hi I have a Surface Book 2 and a Surface Dock, recently my ethernet LAN just disappear not sure why. I have tried rebooting, surface diagnostic, change lan cable and tested lan cable in other device in it worked fine. but not on my SB2. I checked that there is no driver...
  3. Surface book 2 won't wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surface book 2 won't wake from sleep: This started a few weeks ago. Once my machine goes to sleep, I cannot wake it up. I can only do a hard reboot by holding the power button down for a long time. How do I fix this?...
  4. windows 10 will not stay asleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows 10 will not stay asleep: When sleep after 10 min is set, PC will go to sleep then awake in 1 min and keep cycling https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-will-not-stay-asleep/8b9544ae-2fd8-487e-be6d-fa1ac6c9da56
  5. Numbers pad on Surface Book 2 not staying on

in Windows 10 Customization
    Numbers pad on Surface Book 2 not staying on: Using my Surface Book 2 in tablet mode the numbers pad does not stay active https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/numbers-pad-on-surface-book-2-not-staying-on/6f8687ce-f99f-40cd-a411-97ce0e50f0ca
  6. Monitor won't stay asleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor won't stay asleep: Recent convert from win7pro to win10pro (v1909). Sleep settings in win7 were 30min for monitor and never for PC. Worked fine for yrs. Monitor now wakes up spontaneously about 10sec after sleep. Monitor is 32" HDMI via docking station to Dell M6800 laptop. Laptop display when...
  7. Surface Book 2 won't Power-On

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Surface Book 2 won't Power-On: Surface Book 2 using MS docking connection with external monitor won't come back after sleep. I have to do a hard reboot after disconnection docking connection. Is there a fix for this condition?...
  8. STAY ASLEEP!!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    STAY ASLEEP!!!: My computer keeps waking up by itself and doesn't go back to sleep even though it's set to sleep automatically. I have disabled the thing where it wakes up and checks for updates at 2am every day (on by default, lol). I turned off all USB device allow to wake computer in case...
  9. Surface Book 2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface Book 2: I am trying to run Flash files on my Surface Book 2 and have had no success. I have downloaded adobe flash. Is there something I need to do? Does Flash work on the Surface Book 2?...
  10. Windows 10 will not stay asleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 will not stay asleep: Hi I have already searched the forums for solutions to this and tried several to no avail. The issue is as above, I put the PC into sleep mode and it wakes itself back up anything from 1 minute to 5 minutes later. I have: Gone to power management and ensured I have a...