Windows 10: Windows 10 Surface Go - Bluetooth Toggle Missing/Bluetooth Broken... again.

Discus and support Windows 10 Surface Go - Bluetooth Toggle Missing/Bluetooth Broken... again. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; (I'd like to preface this post with the fact that I'm an IT student at University and very technologically literate) A little under a year ago I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Treigns99, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Treigns99 Win User

Windows 10 Surface Go - Bluetooth Toggle Missing/Bluetooth Broken... again.

(I'd like to preface this post with the fact that I'm an IT student at University and very technologically literate)

A little under a year ago I received my Surface Go as a gift. I also got with it the keyboard and pen. Fast forward a number of months, everything is fine and I decide to purchase the Surface Mouse to go with it. This is were my problems begin.

About a few weeks after getting and using my mouse does my Bluetooth functionality break. The "toggle" switch in my settings menu completely disappears. Windows 10 self-check/repair says that my device does not support Bluetooth. i.e. Something is broken/corrupt and my Surface Go thinks it doesn't have Bluetooth.

I go through the standard troubleshooting, I google it, re-install drivers, even re-install Windows 10 via the settings menu, etc and nothing.

See this (This link also shows the issue at hand): https://www.thewindowsclub.com/turn-bluetooth-on-or-off-is-missing

Still broken. So I contact support via phone and I'm directed to re-install Windows 10 again via the "Media Creation Tool" aka this:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

and it works, it takes hours, but it works. My Bluetooth functionality is restored. So why am I here? Because not 10 minutes ago while working on a project does my mouse stop working. I head to my settings menu and LOW AND BEHOLD what do I find?

My bluetooth toggle is missing. Again.

I haven't yet run the Media Creation Tool to re-install Windows 10 because I'm in the middle of work. I'm sure it would fix the problem but that's not really the problem any more is it. It's now that this is a reoccurring issue. To have my Bluetooth "break" monthly is to put it mildly a massive inconvenience. Fixing it involves rendering my Surface useless for multiple hours and then requires me to reinstall all my programs which takes another couple hours and a whole lot of busy work.

I use Bluetooth daily for my pen, mouse, headphones, etc. It's a feature I need.

All of this only started after I began using the Surface Mouse (which I bought on Amazon so no it's not some **** knock-off). Could it be a bug in its driver/functionality? Is this a Surface only issue or can this issue be seen across multiple Windows 10 devices?

I don't have these answers but I do need one, ASAP, on how to fix this.

:)

Treigns99, Dec 1, 2019
  2. aasim1111 Win User

Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Dec 1, 2019
  3. aasim1111 Win User
    Bluetooth in windows 10

So I bought a new Bluetooth headphones the skull candy uproar since my old one isn't working. It came with only the headset and usb charging cable. The problem is I can't seem to pair it to my pc. I have windows 10 by the way. There is no Bluetooth on off button in windows settings. I went to device manager but there us no icon for Bluetooth. I did everything I knew but none of it worked.I can post pictures if anyone needs.An alternative might be a Bluetooth dongle but I m not sure I'd it would work plus I paid $50 so don't wanna spend more

I looked up on Internet and many people seem to have issues with windows 10 and Bluetooth. I thought of asking here knowing my UK friends are smart.

Anyone have any idea of how to get Bluetooth to work on my pc.

PS don't curse windows 10. I already know it's a mess and not a very good os.

aasim1111, Dec 1, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Bluetooth in windows 10

USB-BT211 Mini Bluetooth Dongle | Networking | ASUS Global

• Support A2DP for Wireless Stereo Music Playback
    Edit: This is a dongle with old BT version I see now, but I'm sure you can find a Asus BT4.0 version.

Edit2:

@aasim1111 I have this one, it doesn't show that it supports A2DP in the specs but I think it'll work, otherwise send a mail to Asus and ask.
    USB-BT400 | Networking | ASUS Global

P4-630, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Surface Go - Bluetooth Toggle Missing/Bluetooth Broken... again. - Similar Threads - Surface Bluetooth Toggle

2. Bluetooth Toggle Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Toggle Missing: So today i was just normally using my bluetooth headphones when suddenly it stopped playing audio. I checked the bluetooth section in the settings and the bluetooth on/off toggle was missing also this wasnt the first time this happened. I was told to reinstall the bluetooth...
  3. Bluetooth Toggle Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Toggle Missing: So today i was just normally using my bluetooth headphones when suddenly it stopped playing audio. I checked the bluetooth section in the settings and the bluetooth on/off toggle was missing also this wasnt the first time this happened. I was told to reinstall the bluetooth...
  4. Bluetooth Toggle Missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluetooth Toggle Missing/Deleted Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Toggle Missing/Deleted Bluetooth: Hi all,After using Bluetooth on my device for around two years, a while ago it suddenly disappeared. When I run the Troubleshooter I get a message back saying that my device isn't compatible. Following other advice on here, I deleted all Bluetooth applications in my Device...
  6. Bluetooth Toggle Missing/Deleted Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Toggle Missing/Deleted Bluetooth: Hi all,After using Bluetooth on my device for around two years, a while ago it suddenly disappeared. When I run the Troubleshooter I get a message back saying that my device isn't compatible. Following other advice on here, I deleted all Bluetooth applications in my Device...
  7. Bluetooth toggle missing

Bluetooth toggle missing: I cannot connect my headphone with my laptop through bluelooth My pc is windows 10 latest version 20H2 What do you think the problem is what shall I do?HP laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-toggle-missing/bdbb5b82-b6ec-41c5-b237-d75635497b2f
  8. Windows 10 Bluetooth Toggle is Missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Bluetooth Toggle is Missing: I have Windows 10 on an Acer Aspire E5-575g , and I've restarted after each thing I've tried. I was using Bluetooth earphones as normal until they randomly disconnected. The switch has been missing ever since. The drivers were there in Device Manager at first but after...
  9. Bluetooth Toggle Missing

Bluetooth Toggle Missing: For a while now my Bluetooth toggle has been missing. It always stays off for a few days and then turns back on, whenever I go to Device Manager and check the events for "Intel Wireless Bluetooth" it says "Device deleted" Does anyone know a PERMANENT fix for this? I've tried...
  10. Bluetooth toggle is missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth toggle is missing: [ATTACH] Sorry for bad english, it's my second language. The bluetooth toggle is missing. I've also noticed that my laptop can't detect flash drives/ mouses at the same time this happens. Everything goes back to normal every time I update my laptop, which is obviously...