Windows 10: Windows 10 Surface Pro 6 - Diagnostic Mode cannot log in

Discus and support Windows 10 Surface Pro 6 - Diagnostic Mode cannot log in in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Good day, In MSconfig SP6 - startup is set to diagnostic mode. At reboot I cannot log in. If I press Shift and Restart I can get to some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ms HelpOC, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Ms HelpOC Win User

Windows 10 Surface Pro 6 - Diagnostic Mode cannot log in

Good day,

In MSconfig SP6 - startup is set to diagnostic mode.

At reboot I cannot log in.

If I press Shift and Restart I can get to some troubleshooting options.

I choose 5 safe mode with networking. It reboots but does still does not let me log in.

I cannot find a way to get to msfconfig to change the start up mode back to normal.

I can get to a command prompt. Is there a way to get to msconfig from there?

I see this diagnostic loop has perplexed many others but I cannot find a solution that helps me get out of "the loop".

Thank you for any suggestions.

Pauline

:)

Ms HelpOC, Apr 18, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

New Surface Pro 5 and Surface Pro 6 firmware for Windows 10 - Aug. 29 Surface

Source:

Brink, Apr 18, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    New Surface Pro 5 and Surface Pro 6 firmware for Windows 10 - Aug. 29

Source:

Brink, Apr 18, 2021
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Surface Pro 4 Log in issues

Hello Bex,

For us to help you suggest steps to resolve the issue, we would like to know some information:

• Did you get any error messages when signing in to your account?
    • Have you made any significant changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried to login using a different Microsoft account or local account on the computer?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by Ashish Sondhi on this

link

Post us back with the result.

Remon Ont, Apr 18, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Surface Pro 6 - Diagnostic Mode cannot log in - Similar Threads - Surface Pro Diagnostic

2. Surface pro 6 is not boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface pro 6 is not boot: Hi, My surface pro 6 is not start up anymore. Windows logo is shown and then disappears. this happens until the battery is out. So i try to boot it from usb. I downloaded the image from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/surface-recovery-image to create the bootable device....
  3. Surface pro 6 is not boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface pro 6 is not boot: Hi, My surface pro 6 is not start up anymore. Windows logo is shown and then disappears. this happens until the battery is out. So i try to boot it from usb. I downloaded the image from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/surface-recovery-image to create the bootable device....
  4. Surface pro 6 is not boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 11 - Surface Pro 6

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Surface Pro 6: Hii everyone, Was just wondering, when will I get the Windows 11 upgradeI am using a Surface Pro 6 with Windows 10 Home Edition.In the update section, it shows this option:...
  6. Surface pro 6 error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Surface pro 6 error: When trying to add a school account it says that the system cannot find the file specified. Don't really know what to do from here Is there any fix? I already tried using the scanning system using the cmd...
  7. Surface Pro 6 Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Surface Pro 6 Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro: I have a new Surface Pro 6. I purchased the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the Microsoft store, but keep getting an activation error that no product code was found - and there seems to be no way to re-download, or get activation key, or anything along those lines from the...
  8. Windows 10 SHB / Surface Pro 6

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 SHB / Surface Pro 6: we are trying to install a SHB version of Windows 10 1809 on a surface Pro 6 We keeping getting Storage driver failure even after injecting the Microsoft storage driver from Microsoft website. We have injected the entire driver pack for that surface Pro 6 and still nothing....
  9. Windows 10 Pro activation on Surface Pro 6

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro activation on Surface Pro 6: I had been using a Windows 10 Pro license digitally linked to my Microsoft account on my old laptop. I recently purchased the Surface Pro 6 which has Windows 10 Home installed. Can I upgrade it to Windows 10 Pro using my old Windows 10 Pro license? I am no longer using my old...
  10. Surface Pro 6?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 6?: What DVD CD external unit is recommended for my new Surface Pro 6? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-6/ae634952-a688-4247-85d7-780381370a9a