Windows 10: Windows 10 - Surround Sound keeps deactivating itself and Microphone Gain keeps increasing...

Discus and support Windows 10 - Surround Sound keeps deactivating itself and Microphone Gain keeps increasing... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently reinstalled Windows, but I had those problems before aswell. I bought Dolby Atmos for headphones, so I have simulated surround when gaming,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KevinKleisz, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Windows 10 - Surround Sound keeps deactivating itself and Microphone Gain keeps increasing...

I recently reinstalled Windows, but I had those problems before aswell.

I bought Dolby Atmos for headphones, so I have simulated surround when gaming, but it keeps deactivating, every time I start the PC I have to start Atmos again.

Also the gain of my Microphone keeps changing, I set it to 75, which is good for communication and all, not too loud, I don't know when exactly but at some point it jumps up, to 80 or 90, making my mates in Teamspeak deaf, probably also when starting the PC

I'm really pissed, why is this happening, I can't find anything about that anywhere...

:)

KevinKleisz, Jul 17, 2020
  2. Derek H. Win User

Microphone keeps muting itself.

My built in microphone keeps muting itself. I have tried all of the suggestions on here in other posts... from going to the sound properties, to msconfig and turning everything off (except for Windows services). Which leads me to think its a Windows thing.

Does anyone else have an answer for this irritating problem?

Is Microsoft looking into this?

Does Microsoft even care?

Derek H., Jul 17, 2020
  3. Mic keeps Automatically Adjusting on Windows 10

I've done these multiple times. The apply button never unlocks itself so I can apply after I adjust my mic settings. My mic keeps muting itself. Please help me.

Pizza Steve, Jul 17, 2020
  4. gasolin Win User

Windows 10 - Surround Sound keeps deactivating itself and Microphone Gain keeps increasing...

winstore.mobile.exe keep opening by itself in windows 10

winstore.mobile.exe opens by itself in windows 10 64 bit, how do i delete winstore.mobile.exe or keep it from aut opening and stay minimized in my taskbar?

gasolin, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 - Surround Sound keeps deactivating itself and Microphone Gain keeps increasing...

1. Windows 10 - Surround Sound keeps deactivating itself and Microphone Gain keeps increasing... - Similar Threads - Surround Sound keeps

2. Sound keeps increasing while idle

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound keeps increasing while idle: My sound keeps on increasing while doing nothing on the computer or while trying to do browsing and emails.I set the sound normal not too loud, but it keeps on increasing. I need to stop this since it is annoying, and it will damage my ears....
  3. Sound keeps increasing while idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound keeps increasing while idle: My sound keeps on increasing while doing nothing on the computer or while trying to do browsing and emails.I set the sound normal not too loud, but it keeps on increasing. I need to stop this since it is annoying, and it will damage my ears....
  4. Sound keeps increasing while idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microphone keeps muting itself

Microphone keeps muting itself: As you can see in the above image, a specific device has its microphone muted. This happens irregularly and automatically. I have no programs that I know of that would affect my sound settings like this. Can anyone help?...
  6. Windows 10 keeps deactivating

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 keeps deactivating: I upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 Home several years ago using the free upgrade offer that was available at the time. It's been fine for years but over the last couple of months it keeps deactivating at random times. I can always resolve it by going to Activation>Troubleshoot...
  7. Windows keeps deactivating itself

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows keeps deactivating itself: For some reason Windows keeps deactivating itself for no reason despite me having a valid Windows license that came with my Microsoft account. I checked my SSD and there's no issues with it. It always happens randomly and usually using the troubleshooter fixes it...
  8. Microphone gain keep adjusting itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone gain keep adjusting itself: Hey! So, it looks like i can't fix my microphone gain fixing itself on windows 10. I disabled apps to have control of every input i have but everytime i set it to, let's say, 69 it goes back to 100 or so in a bunch of seconds. The only apps i'm running in the background are...
  9. Microphone keeps un-muting itself

Microphone keeps un-muting itself: I keep a microphone on my desk, plugged into the 1/8" jack on the back of my Dell tower. Every day I mute it, because it picks up ambient noise and repeats it through my headphones while I'm listening to music/et.c at work. Every time I come back to it, watching a video,...
  10. External microphone level keeps increasing

External microphone level keeps increasing: I'm a member of a book club that meets once a month at our local library. Many months, we have at least one remote participant; we use Skype to bring him/them into our discussion. We have a webcam that enables them to see us and an external microphone so that they can hear...