Windows 10: windows 10 swap into new hard drive

Discus and support windows 10 swap into new hard drive in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have an older computer, dell inspiron 1525, needs a new hard drive. I have a valid windows 10 pro 64 bit operating system. Is it possible to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Diana-Morrissey, Oct 12, 2019.

1. windows 10 swap into new hard drive

I have an older computer, dell inspiron 1525, needs a new hard drive. I have a valid windows 10 pro 64 bit operating system. Is it possible to reinstall my windows OS on the new hard drive with the current product key?

:)

Diana-Morrissey, Oct 12, 2019

2. Reinstall Windows 10 to new hard drive

Hi Rodolpho,

We want to know about the issue you're having with your recovery drive. Please answer the questions below:

• Are you trying to reinstall Windows 8 or Windows 10?
    • If you already upgraded to Windows 10, were you able to create a new copy of the recovery drive?

We suggest creating a new copy of the recovery drive and then follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa above this thread.

Update us with the outcome so we can assist you further.

Robert Caw, Oct 12, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 12, 2019
  4. windows 10 swap into new hard drive

little cat, Oct 12, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 swap into new hard drive

1. windows 10 swap into new hard drive - Similar Threads - swap hard drive

2. Hard Drive Swap

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hard Drive Swap: I have a computer running Win 10. I purchased the Win 10 and had it installed by a local shop, Tech Junkies of Hays Kansas. The computer is rather old, only has 8 gig of RAM, and the processor is very slow. I'd like to buy a new computer and use the hard drive from my old...
  3. Can a Win10 hard drive just be swapped into a new computer?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can a Win10 hard drive just be swapped into a new computer?: I had posted a few months ago about unexplained blue screens on an ASUS laptop of my wife's. The problem was seemingly solved with a new SSD, then when the blue screens persisted, a clean install of Windows on that drive. But after two months, the blue screens returned, and...
  4. Can a Win10 hard drive just be swapped into a new computer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can a Win10 hard drive just be swapped into a new computer?: I had posted a few months ago about unexplained blue screens on an ASUS laptop of my wife's. The problem was seemingly solved with a new SSD, then when the blue screens persisted, a clean install of Windows on that drive. But after two months, the blue screens returned, and...
  5. hard drive swap

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    hard drive swap: I have a new computer, and have that computer all setup. Can I take the old hard drive from the old computer and put it into the new computer (I dont need help on the mechanics). It is currently formatted for 2 logical drive. The current c: drive, I would reformat and use...
  6. Swapping hard drives

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Swapping hard drives: How do I go about backing up windows to clone on a new hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/swapping-hard-drives/fac9a444-4f53-480d-aebc-2c98f61997fa
  7. swapping primary hard drive and reinstalling windows

swapping primary hard drive and reinstalling windows: I want to buy an SSD, install it my computer as the primary drive and move my current hard drive to secondary, to use it for a data drive. This should be simple but I want to make sure. I assume I reinstall my Windows 10 on the new drive, using the same key I own. Then...
  8. Swapping hard drives.

Swapping hard drives.: I have recently purachsed a new laptop. A dell Inspiron 5570 and it came with a 1TB Hard Disk Drive. I also purchased a solid state drive with the plan to swap rhem out. I cant seem to figure out how to migrate the OS and files from the HDD to the SSD. I cannot boot...
  9. Swapping hard drives.

Swapping hard drives.: I recently bought a Dell Inspiron 5570 with Windows 10 and a 1 lTB HDD. I also purchased A solid state drive seperately to replace the HDD. as it is a new drive i cannot boot from it. i have been unsuccessful in using my recovery drive on it or figuring out how to...
  10. Swapping Hard drives

in Windows 10 Support
    Swapping Hard drives: Good Morning etc, okay I have a PC at home which has an external sata plugin for hard drives, last night I went to check a hard drive and plugged in the wrong one. The one I plugged was for another PC and had Windows 10 mounted in German my PC has English and is Windows 10 I...