Windows 10: Windows 10 swipe keyboard only works in certain app

Discus and support Windows 10 swipe keyboard only works in certain app in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10 swipe keyboard (english) input somehow only works in certain apps which are modern apps from the windows 8 era , eg: microsoft EDGE , but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by uccoffee, Apr 11, 2019.

1. uccoffee Win User

Windows 10 swipe keyboard only works in certain app

Windows 10 swipe keyboard (english) input somehow only works in certain apps which are modern apps from the windows 8 era , eg: microsoft EDGE , but not the new chromium Edge.

Does developer needs to compile the app in a special way to make the swipe keyboard works?

:)

uccoffee, Apr 11, 2019

2. Certain keys on the keyboard are not working properly.

Hi Russell,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

I understand that certain keys on the keyboard are not working properly on the pc. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Did you make any changes to the pc prior to this issue?

• Have you installed all pending updates on the pc?

• Have you performed a full pc virus scan on the system recently?

Suggest you to launch the on-screen keyboard to check if the issue persists.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press “Windows key + R” to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Also suggest you to install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps.
    Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Further, you may also boot the computer in a clean boot state and check if the issue persists. When you start Microsoft Windows, typically there are several programs that start automatically and run in the background that may interfere with the system.
    These programs may include antivirus and system utility programs. When you perform a clean startup procedure, you prevent these programs from starting automatically.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows: (Applies to Windows 10)
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow the steps under “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot” in the article to boot to normal startup.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Apr 11, 2019
  3. is swipe keyboard limited to languages ??

im from india. before my hard reset when i type there wont be any suggestions (bec its off) but when i swipe i get suggestions. after my hard reset when i turned off suggestions swipe is not working for me. i went to keyboard settinngs and i found english
    US,UK,India. does anyone know which keyboard should i use to get my old keyboard?? im new to windows

sajithrs784, Apr 11, 2019
  4. djhnsn043 Win User

Enable or Disable Edge Swipe on Screen in Windows 10

Hey, I am using a logitech k400 keyboard with touchpad. I have this plugged in as well as a normal keyboard and mouse. I can't get the edge swipe gesture to stop working, regardless of disabling it in gp or registry. Any suggestions?

djhnsn043, Apr 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 swipe keyboard only works in certain app - Similar Threads - swipe keyboard works

2. Only certain apps are opening on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Only certain apps are opening on Windows 10: A few weeks ago I noticed an issue after I had renamed my drives. I wanted to install Epic Games Launcher, and was having issues installing it to my F drive. One solution people cited was renaming my F to D and vice versa in disk management tool. This appeared to solve the...
  3. Certain Apps Not Recognizing Keyboard - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Certain Apps Not Recognizing Keyboard - Windows 10: submitted by /u/aoshane3 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l9yq7t/certain_apps_not_recognizing_keyboard_windows_10/
  4. Certain keys on keyboard not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Certain keys on keyboard not working: Certain keys on the keyboard stopped working, I recently got a new K602 Keyboard, All of the keys used to work howerver certain keys stopped working I think it may have something to do with drivers,[ATTACH]...
  5. Microphone only works in certain apps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone only works in certain apps: Hello! So my laptop's microphone isn't workin on certain apps such as Discord or the Browser. However, it is detected and even works in apps such as the sound recorder, the camera app. I've already tried everything, from updating the drivers and checking the sound privacy...
  6. Certain windows apps not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Certain windows apps not working: Applications like Photos, Paint 3D, 3D builder and 3D builder don't work. They open, and close without doing anything. Even when reinstalling them, they don't work. I am running the latest update of windows 10 1909....
  7. No Swipe Keyboard?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Swipe Keyboard?: Can it really be that there's no swipe keyboard for Win 10? I just spent a big bunch of money on a Surface Pro 6, and am horrified to discover that I can't swipe type, AND there's no auto completion. Am I doing something wrong, or missing a setting, or is this just the way...
  8. 'g' key not working on keyboard in certain apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    'g' key not working on keyboard in certain apps: Hi, Sorry if this is is the wrong category - can't see where it should go... I have a really random problem! I can't type the letter "g" on my keyboard in certain programs. Here, as you can see, it works fine. I thought it was my keyboard at first, but I tried another...
  9. On-Screen-Keyboard only registers Modifier keys and shortcuts in certain apps only work...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    On-Screen-Keyboard only registers Modifier keys and shortcuts in certain apps only work...: Hi, So for some time now I have had this annoying problem on Windows 10 where the On-Screen-Keyboard only registers CTRL, ALT, SHIFT, Caps and the Win-key. This wouldn't be much of a problem but it seems to be connected to how Windows handles input so for example in...
  10. Certain keys not working on keyboard(Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Certain keys not working on keyboard(Windows 10): I'm having a keyboard issue. - Ok so I have an Acer Aspire V5-471G laptop. N its currently running windows 10 and I downloaded the anniversary update in september(not sure, don't remember exactly). - But after the second week of October(i think) certain keys on my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. swipe keyboard only works in edge but not excel