Windows 10: [Windows 10] Switch from digital license to product key

Discus and support [Windows 10] Switch from digital license to product key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I had activated windows 10 with digital license, but now I have purchased a product key and I want to activate it with product key. Is this possible?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Tanja97, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Tanja97 Win User

[Windows 10] Switch from digital license to product key

I had activated windows 10 with digital license, but now I have purchased a product key and I want to activate it with product key. Is this possible?

:)

Tanja97, Apr 29, 2019

2. Activation switched from "with product key" to "with Digital License"

[Windows 10] Switch from digital license to product key [​IMG]

Sorry for the quality, they were taken with my camera. We'd all be old and grey by the time I learned to do a video capture. lol, I'm old and grey now.

alphanumeric, Apr 29, 2019
  3. Activation switched from "with product key" to "with Digital License"

This is screen shots I captured from an earlier attempt. It shows product code after being activated?

alphanumeric, Apr 29, 2019
  4. essenbe Win User

Activation switched from "with product key" to "with Digital License"

I don't know if this helps, but both of these were activated with MSDN keys then upgraded later to 14393

essenbe, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

1. [Windows 10] Switch from digital license to product key - Similar Threads - Switch digital license

2. Windows License #/Digital Product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows License #/Digital Product key: Hello there,I have 2 different hard drives that have sentimental files on them I was asked by the owners to retrieve the files. However, both of them seem to require a windows update to be able to do anything with the files. I am only capable of accessing these drives by...
  3. Windows License #/Digital Product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows License #/Digital Product key: Hello there,I have 2 different hard drives that have sentimental files on them I was asked by the owners to retrieve the files. However, both of them seem to require a windows update to be able to do anything with the files. I am only capable of accessing these drives by...
  4. Windows License #/Digital Product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Digital License and Product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Digital License and Product key: Hi,I'm using windows 10, activated by digital license linked to my Microsoft account on this device and I'm purchasing a new laptop with windows 10 pre-installed. So can I use my Microsoft account which is used in this device that is activated with digital license on my new...
  6. Product key? Or, digital license?

Product key? Or, digital license?: Dell Inspiron 3647. Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro free upgrade. No tech will be attempting a hard drive change. For reinstalling, I keep reading a 25 character product key. I have 20. It does specify Windows 10 is activated with a digital license. I know once I...
  7. Windows 10 Digital license to product key

Windows 10 Digital license to product key: I bought a prebuild gaming computer with windows 10 home installed. Once setting on the computer, I linked my microsoft account to the product key. Here we are a year later, I upgraded the CPU and GPU, same digital license. Now, I just installed a new motherboard, and windows...
  8. Changing from Digital License to Product Key

Changing from Digital License to Product Key: I have got my windows with a digital License. My college has provided me with product key for windows 10 for education purposes. If I activate that key, will my digital License be still valid for a later use?...
  9. Windows 10 Digital License vs Product Key

Windows 10 Digital License vs Product Key: Hi, I am looking to upgrade my pc and was looking into how I would have to reactivate my windows 10 OS afterwards. I understand the difference between a digital license and a product key - or at least I thought I did. But my question has to do with my laptop. I...
  10. Activation switched from "with product key" to "with Digital License"

Activation switched from "with product key" to "with Digital License": After doing the upgrade from Windows 10 Education 1511 to 1607, Settings > Update & security > Activation, switched from "activated with a product key" to Activated with a Digital License". Activation has changed with the upgrade to 1607. To clarify what I'm talking about...