Windows 10: Windows 10, "Switch to local user instead" doesn't appear on settings

Discus and support Windows 10, "Switch to local user instead" doesn't appear on settings in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have been dealing with this issue for over a year. Let me explain everything here. Normally if you want to switch your Microsoft account to local... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by idkman190, Aug 17, 2022.

1. idkman190 Win User

Windows 10, "Switch to local user instead" doesn't appear on settings

I have been dealing with this issue for over a year. Let me explain everything here. Normally if you want to switch your Microsoft account to local user you just need to go in settings and click on the user section. It should show “switch to local user instead” option but I have never seen it. The only thing i see is "Manage my microsoft account" option and it really annoy me. I don't know what should i do with that since this forum never really gave me an good solution. Here's a screenshot in polish language If there's no way to actually switch it can i transfer ALL of the user data local us

:)

idkman190, Aug 17, 2022
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Aug 17, 2022
  3. setting doesn´t launch, or launches the store instead

setting doesn´t launch, or launches the store instead

Moved from es-ES

YESICAAMAYA, Aug 17, 2022
  4. Windows 10, "Switch to local user instead" doesn't appear on settings

Can't switch to Local account in Windows 10

Hi

Thank you for your interest in using Windows 10.

Refer to these steps to convert Microsoft account into Local User account:

• Click on Windows button, then click on
      Settings.

• Click on Accounts then click on
      Your account

• Click on Sign in with a local account instead.

• Following the Online instructions.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to create a new Local user account and check if that helps you.

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Control Panel”.

• Click on “User Accounts” and click on “Manage another Account”.

• Click on “Add a new user in PC Settings”. Follow the on screen directions to complete the process.
    Hope this information helps you. Please do let us know if you need further assistance.

Ganesh Achar B, Aug 17, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10, "Switch to local user instead" doesn't appear on settings

1. Windows 10, "Switch to local user instead" doesn't appear on settings - Similar Threads - Switch local user

2. Local accounts on computer not appearing in Switch User panel or startup screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local accounts on computer not appearing in Switch User panel or startup screen: Hello everyone, this issue has been going on for a few weeks nowIn doing some rutinary computer cleaning, I found a user folder in C: that was from a local account that I renamed at some point in time, but the user folder was "duplicated" so there was a user folder with the...
  3. Windows 10, "Switch to local user instead" doesn't appear on settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10, "Switch to local user instead" doesn't appear on settings: I have been dealing with this issue for over a year. Let me explain everything here. Normally if you want to switch your Microsoft account to local user you just need to go in settings and click on the user section. It should show “switch to local user instead” option but I...
  4. Windows 10, "Switch to local user instead" doesn't appear on settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10, "Switch to local user instead" doesn't appear on settings: I have been dealing with this issue for over a year. Let me explain everything here. Normally if you want to switch your Microsoft account to local user you just need to go in settings and click on the user section. It should show “switch to local user instead” option but I...
  5. Windows search indexing doesn't include settings on a local users

Windows search indexing doesn't include settings on a local users: Hi, I just did a clean install of Windows 10. When creating a local user due to logging in with email, the username wasn't created properly. I renamed the user and the user folder and made the necessary changes to the registry for the profile image path. Everything works,...
  6. Switching an existing user in a Windows 10 PC to a local user

Switching an existing user in a Windows 10 PC to a local user: Hi, A long time ago my brother logged into my mom's laptop with his Xbox account. The account is now logged into the user as a Microsoft account. I tried to find a way to log out of the account and switch the already existing user into a local user, but no success. -I...
  7. A User located in C:\User doesn't appear under Local Users and Groups or at Login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    A User located in C:\User doesn't appear under Local Users and Groups or at Login: I have a User Profile that appears under C:\Users, but doesn't show up under the Computer Management Local; Local Users and Groups; Users, or as an option at the Login Screen. How do I enable it?...
  8. How to switch windows 10 pro local users ?

How to switch windows 10 pro local users ?: Hello everyone, I have a question about how to switch local users in different groups of Windows. When I switch Windows local users, the system only displays users in the same group for me to choose from. I want to switch to another group of users. Who knows how I can...
  9. Local Account user appears and will not delete

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Local Account user appears and will not delete: I received an email from Eset security that a 'phantom' account was created and when I logged on my computer I see an account user named JQ was created and I have deleted it several times and it keeps coming back. Can you please assist as I am afraid my computer is under...
  10. windows doesn't remember appearance setting

windows doesn't remember appearance setting: Hello, i am running on Windows 10 PRO 64 bit, on user without admin privilegies. If i change appearance setting to custom, after next restart, it changes to default. I don't have nosave dword in registry to delete. Google found this as only solution. No idea what to do...