Windows 10: Windows 10 switches desktop when i close an app

Discus and support Windows 10 switches desktop when i close an app in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So i have desktop number 2 assigned for my work needs, and so many times after i close an application in desktop 1 (and it is the only visible... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/misc234123, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Windows 10 switches desktop when i close an app

So i have desktop number 2 assigned for my work needs, and so many times after i close an application in desktop 1 (and it is the only visible application on desktop 1, the rest may be minimized for example) it switches automatically to desktop 2 where i have other applications open. This is driving me INSANE. I have googled this issue many times during the last few months thinking i'll eventually find a solution. But i never do! I can't be the only one having this problem?

Does anyone know how to disable this "feature"?

submitted by /u/misc234123
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/misc234123, Apr 29, 2020

2. Desktop is default on start-up and app closing

Hi Ed,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

The Windows button is located at bottom left corner of the desktop page.

Please be informed that if you open/close any app, you may have to switch back to the start screen and desktop to access the apps. This is as per the Windows 10 Operating system design.

If you have any suggestions about Windows 10, I suggest you to post your feedback in Windows 10 Feedback app.

I hope the above information helps.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Apr 29, 2020
  3. Desktop is default on start-up and app closing

Hi Ed,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Please be informed that it is as per the Windows 10 Operating system
    design.

If you wish to access the Start screen similar to Windows 8.1, follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open the settings menu.

• Click on Personalization.

• Select Start from the left navigation pane.

• Turn on the Use start full screen.
    After performing above steps, if you click on the Windows button at the top left corner on the desktop screen, you may access the Start screen similar to Windows 8/8.1 Operating system.

If you have any suggestions about Windows 10, I suggest you to post your valuable feedback about Windows 10 in feedback app. So, that it will be helpful for the developers to integrate the changes suggested by you.

Open start menu, type Feedback app in search bar and click on feedback app to open it. Post your suggestions in feedback app.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Apr 29, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 switches desktop when i close an app

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 switches desktop when i close an app

1. Windows 10 switches desktop when i close an app - Similar Threads - switches desktop close

2. Windows 11 constantly freezing for 10-15 second when switching apps/chrome, closing apps.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 constantly freezing for 10-15 second when switching apps/chrome, closing apps.: Whenever I've got a program with either tabs or a menu bar I've noticed it'll completely freeze everything for 10-20 seconds EVERY time the mouse moves from say "file" to "edit" or "view", or from a chrome tab to the next tab or even the top bar of an adjacent window. That's...
  3. Windows 11 constantly freezing for 10-15 second when switching apps/chrome, closing apps.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 constantly freezing for 10-15 second when switching apps/chrome, closing apps.: Whenever I've got a program with either tabs or a menu bar I've noticed it'll completely freeze everything for 10-20 seconds EVERY time the mouse moves from say "file" to "edit" or "view", or from a chrome tab to the next tab or even the top bar of an adjacent window. That's...
  4. Switching apps when closing notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching apps when closing notifications: It seems like every time I click on the "X" or "Dismiss" to close a notification it switches from whatever application I'm in to the browser. How do I close a notification without switching applications?...
  5. tabs close when switching to another window

tabs close when switching to another window: I have several tabs open at once but not a lot. When I switch to a different tab, the window that i left and want to go back to has closed.this just started.What is the problem? I don't know if this is a chrome problem or a windows problem. There wasn't a good category for...
  6. Unprompted switching to desktop and closing file explorer

Unprompted switching to desktop and closing file explorer: I don't know what category this belongs in so I'm putting it in desktop.Recently I've been having problems with my PC randomly switching back to the desktop whenever I'm in a video game or using the file explorer. Whenever this happens the file explorer app closes, even if it...
  7. Prevent auto switching of desktops if user closes app

Prevent auto switching of desktops if user closes app: Situation Excel files open in multiple desktops desktop 1 and 2 1 file is closed on desktop 2 System jumps to desktop 1 It's pretty annoying...
  8. Windows 10 got freezed when i switch desktop Windows + Tab

Windows 10 got freezed when i switch desktop Windows + Tab: I am currently using Windows 10 1809 LTSC during trial period. device: SSD+ 12GB DDR4 RAM, i5 8250U. Recently, when i switch virtual desktop with Windows + Tab , my screen gets freezed everything is working, except freezing screen. However, running apps are still working,...
  9. Windows App close automatically after a few seconds when I switch virtual desktops

Windows App close automatically after a few seconds when I switch virtual desktops: Hey guys have a Dell XPS 17 i7, 32gb with windows 10 When I open up a windows app in a desktop and switch to another desktop, after a few seconds when I switch back to the previous virtual desktop my windows app is no longer open. There is no notification that it is...
  10. Windows 10 Mail closes when I switch to another window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail closes when I switch to another window: When I am drafting an email and need to switch to another program to check some info, the Mail app closes. I have re-open it manually before switching back to it. When I do this, I have to relocate my draft to continue. Why can't it stay open!?? Any suggestions would be super...