Windows 10: Windows 10 switches laptop to tablet mode randomly

Discus and support Windows 10 switches laptop to tablet mode randomly in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a newer touchscreen Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 and it likes to switch to table mode intermittently and the touchpad and keyboard don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by blackinthedesert, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Windows 10 switches laptop to tablet mode randomly

I have a newer touchscreen Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 and it likes to switch to table mode intermittently and the touchpad and keyboard don't respond. I have switched the display options to "Don't ask me and don't switch" to tablet mode since I rarely use it in this mode.

I took the laptop in to GeekSquad to have the software fixed under warranty and I was told it's a Windows issue and they wanted $200 to fix it.

I see very few recommended solutions online and none of them have worked yet. I'm also not ready to pay someone $200 to fix it at this point. Does anyone else have this issue? Is there a solution that anyone knows about? Or is it really so technically that I have to have an "expert" find and fix it?

:)

blackinthedesert, Dec 2, 2018
  2. Alden Rey Win User

switching from tablet mode to laptop mode

Hi,

The concern you have encountered may be due to a corrupted file or a misconfigured setting. Windows 10's Tablet Mode provides a more touch-friendly experience by making all applications run at full screen and giving you a Start screen instead of a Start Menu.
    If you have a 2-in-1 device, Windows 10 asks you if you want to enter tablet mode every time you convert your notebook into a slate. Kindly follow the steps below to sort out the concern:

• Click Settings from the Start menu
    • Click System, then select Tablet Mode in the left panel. A tablet mode submenu appear
    • Toggle "Make Windows more touch-friendly . . ." to on to enable Tablet mode. Or off to go to desktop mode
    • Configure the "When this device automatically switches" menu to let Windows 10 to switch modes on your 2-in-1 prompt or not prompt you.

Should you have further concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Dec 2, 2018
  3. need help with windows 10 missing desktop problem

You can disable tablet mode in settings

Disabling Tablet Mode :

• Go to the Tablet Mode tab under Settings -> System -> Tablet Mode
    • Toggle the "make Windows more touch friendly" option off.
    • Select whether the device switches modes automatically ->change to Dont Ask/Don't Switch.

DeathtoGnomes, Dec 2, 2018
  4. Windows 10 switches laptop to tablet mode randomly

Can I make a shortcut to tablet mode on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We are glad to help you.

I would suggest you to try following methods and check if it helps.

As of now, there is no option to create a shortcut to tablet mode. But you can try the following steps to switch on to the tablet mode.

• Click on the action center icon at the bottom right corner.

• At the bottom, you will find many quick access options.

• Click or tap on tablet mode to switch it on.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Dec 2, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 switches laptop to tablet mode randomly

1. Windows 10 switches laptop to tablet mode randomly - Similar Threads - switches laptop tablet

2. Windows 11 laptop switching to tablet mode and locking up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 laptop switching to tablet mode and locking up: I have an hp Pavilion laptop 2-in-1. I upgraded to Windows 11 a few months ago. Now and then, the computer switches to tablet mode for no reason I'm not rotating the computer. It freezes up, and it takes several restarts to get back to normal display. Suggested solutions for...
  3. Windows 11 laptop switching to tablet mode and locking up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 laptop switching to tablet mode and locking up: I have an hp Pavilion laptop 2-in-1. I upgraded to Windows 11 a few months ago. Now and then, the computer switches to tablet mode for no reason I'm not rotating the computer. It freezes up, and it takes several restarts to get back to normal display. Suggested solutions for...
  4. Explicit tablet mode switch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explicit tablet mode switch: Can we get an explicit tablet mod switch for Windows 11?Here's the use case:Windows 11 auto-selects tablet mode if under certain circumstancesFor example, if you have a 2-in-1 PC like a Surface, Lenovo Yoga, HP x360, etc and you "tent" it by folding the keyboard backIt's also...
  5. Explicit tablet mode switch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explicit tablet mode switch: Can we get an explicit tablet mod switch for Windows 11?Here's the use case:Windows 11 auto-selects tablet mode if under certain circumstancesFor example, if you have a 2-in-1 PC like a Surface, Lenovo Yoga, HP x360, etc and you "tent" it by folding the keyboard backIt's also...
  6. Windows 10 won't automatically switch to tablet mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 won't automatically switch to tablet mode: Hi there. So I have an HP Envy x360 laptop. When I go to fold it into a tent or tablet form, it won't automatically switch into tablet mode. It's set to automatically switch in settings, and the keyboard and trackpad won't turn off when folded. This poses a problem because...
  7. cannot switch laptop to tablet mode after update!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cannot switch laptop to tablet mode after update!: After updating my Windows 10 PC to the new Build 1809, I cannot switch Desktop mode to Tablet mode as I used to do. The key of a Tablet mode is disabled and unclickable. Any help is appreciated....
  8. Windows 10 Tablet Mode Delete Switching Options

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Tablet Mode Delete Switching Options: Hello everybody, is it possible to delete switching options at the tablet mode: there we have three options: - always ask - dont ask and switch - dont ask and dont switch i want always ask and no other option to be shown ? is this possible ? sincerly 115651
  9. Tablet mode interface switching?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tablet mode interface switching?: Hi everyone As I have been using my tablet I started wondering if there's a way, while in tablet mode, to have windows symbol, back arrow, and Cortana symbol in the bottom right hand corner. In other words switch the placements of those items with the time, battery,...
  10. Switching back from Tablet mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switching back from Tablet mode: Hi there. If you are experimenting with Tablet and desktop mode the mechanics are a bit convoluted. First I'd apply Brink's tutorial which allows you to toggle to and from start menu or start screen mode without re-booting. He's fixed it for build 9926 too. Now to get...