Windows 10: Windows 10 Sync between two computers

Discus and support Windows 10 Sync between two computers in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello! When you go to Settings --> Account --> Sync Your Settings, what EXACTLY gets synced between two computers for example? Does this work like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Raptor-chan, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Sync between two computers

Hello!

When you go to Settings --> Account --> Sync Your Settings, what EXACTLY gets synced between two computers for example? Does this work like Windows 7 Transfer Wizard used to which I loved and never had a problem with? Are programs synced over to the new computer? What about Files? Do the versions of Windows 10 have to be the same example: Windows 10 Professional 64 bit Insider Preview vs Windows 10 Professional 64 bit? If not, what would you suggest is a good transfer program to use? I don't want to pay a ridiculous amount of money for one, just to find out that my stuff programs/files, etc can't/don't get copied over. I also sign-in to my computer with a Microsoft Account and PIN number.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

:)

Raptor-chan, Feb 23, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 23, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 23, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 Sync between two computers

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Feb 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Sync between two computers

1. Windows 10 Sync between two computers - Similar Threads - Sync between computers

2. Microsoft account syncing between two laptops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft account syncing between two laptops: Hello,I have two laptops with the same Microsoft account, and one crashed before I could clear out some private documents -- it can't be accessed or even turned on at all. If I delete documents on the working laptop -- the two are supposed to be in sync -- will they also be...
  3. Microsoft account syncing between two laptops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account syncing between two laptops: Hello,I have two laptops with the same Microsoft account, and one crashed before I could clear out some private documents -- it can't be accessed or even turned on at all. If I delete documents on the working laptop -- the two are supposed to be in sync -- will they also be...
  4. USING ONEDRIVE TO SYNC BETWEEN TWO LAPTOPS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USING ONEDRIVE TO SYNC BETWEEN TWO LAPTOPS: I use several Word and Excel documents on my laptop at work and continually revise/update them throughout the day. I recently purchased a new laptop for home and want to be able to work on these documents both at work and at home. Am trying to learn OneDrive in order to...
  5. How to sync a folder between two laptops?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to sync a folder between two laptops?: Hi everyone, I have two laptops, Laptop A and Laptop B. I use Laptop A for working from home and Laptop B is mainly for Netflix as it also works as a tablet. Is it possible to sync my work from Laptop A to Laptop B? OneDrive doesn't work on Laptop A so I am unable to use...
  6. Clipboards not syncing between my two computers.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clipboards not syncing between my two computers.: I upgraded both mine and my wife's computer, which sits next to mine, to Version 1903 today. I followed the directions exactly to be able to copy from one computer and then go to the clipboard history on the other computer and then paste onto it. However when I copy...
  7. Sync two computers - Windows 10

Sync two computers - Windows 10: Not finding basic instructions on how to sync two computers (desktop / laptop) so that both serve as a file back up to the other. They both run off the same modem, both on the same version of windows 10. One computer is new (clean - no files)....
  8. How to sync files between two computers?

How to sync files between two computers?: Please recommend in-built options available in Windows 10 that I can use to sync files between two PCs through a network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-sync-files-between-two-computers/9ca54b38-cfc2-476d-9559-2675dfd682c4
  9. Backup and sync files between two computers

Backup and sync files between two computers: Hi, Is there a recommended solution for setting up an automated back-up system between a Windows 10 Desktop and a Windows 10 Laptop? I have both machines connected on the home Wifi network and I hope to be able to work on files on the laptop that would have changes...
  10. Syncing Themes Between Computers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Syncing Themes Between Computers: How do you sync themes between computers? Sometimes it seems to happen automatically, and sometimes it doesn't. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/syncing-themes-between-computers/c2158630-5828-41de-805d-410164c920cd