Windows 10: Windows 10 sync settings: do I lost the backup when change the sign in?

Discus and support Windows 10 sync settings: do I lost the backup when change the sign in? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I can't use the option to sign-in with a Microsoft account because it doesn't accept (all) special characters (I use instead a local account). So I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by johnetdzsjkx, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Windows 10 sync settings: do I lost the backup when change the sign in?

I can't use the option to sign-in with a Microsoft account because it doesn't accept (all) special characters (I use instead a local account).

So I only use the Microsoft account for few minute, sometime, just to sync my settings.

But I wonder if that works:

1/ do windows keep a backup of my settings somewhere or if it delete it when I switch back to the local account?

2/ Is there a way to see in the cloud or in my Microsoft account, if my windows settings have been backup (maybe with the date of the last sync/backup)?

:)

johnetdzsjkx, Oct 13, 2019
  2. Darshan J Win User

Cant sync settings in Windows 10

Hi,

To help you better please help us with the below information.

• Did you make any recent software/hardware changes on your computer?
    • Have you signed in to your computer using Microsoft account?
    • Is the sync settings is greyed out in the settings Windows?
    As an initial step I would suggest you sign out of Microsoft account and sign in again, see if the issue is resolved.

Also install all the pending updates on your system and check if it helps.

Refer the below link to know more about Sync settings

About sync settings on Windows 10 devices

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...cfa/about-sync-settings-on-windows-10-devices

Get back to us if you need further help on your issue.

Darshan J, Oct 13, 2019
  3. Unable to sign in to Google Backup and Sync

Hello,
    I am having trouble logging in Google Backup and Sync on one particular Windows 10 PC in my house.
    It started around the April updates.
    All my other PCs could log in to Backup and Sync without problem, but my main PC cannot.
    I tried many methods (registry cleanup, firewall, antivirus, etc.) and even using the ISO to reinstall Windows 10 (still keeping my apps and files) but I still get an "Error Something went wrong. Your account might not have been added" message when I tried to log in on the first step for Backup and Sync after reinstalling the software. When tried to log in with a browser, after all the steps the browser got stuck on a blank page without anyway to proceed.
    I sought support from the Google Drive forum, but the suggestions they gave still did not solve my problem, and then they just gave up. I wonder if anyone here could help me?

Here is the error message (the next button was unresponsive): Imgur: The magic of the Internet
    I checked the log generated by Backup and Sync, and I noticed an error at the end and not sure if it is related: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Here is the post I made on the Google Drive forum: https://productforums.google.com/for...ve/N3ZwAB6-R_c

Thank you

aoironowind, Oct 13, 2019
  4. Windows 10 sync settings: do I lost the backup when change the sign in?

Email will not sync in Windows 10

Hi Steve,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to try the steps provided below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.
    I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the Mailbox sync settings.

• Open the Mail app and sign in to your account.

• Click on the gear icon (Settings) from the bottom left corner.

• Click on the Accounts under
      Settings.

• Click on your account.

• Click on the Change mailbox sync settings and check in the
      Sync options.

Do keep us updated.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Oct 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 sync settings: do I lost the backup when change the sign in?

1. Windows 10 sync settings: do I lost the backup when change the sign in? - Similar Threads - sync settings lost

2. Windows backup and sync settings is greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows backup and sync settings is greyed out: I'm using 2 accounts in my Windows 11. One work account and one private account so I can use 2 OneDrives. The private account is used to sync i.e. photos from my cell phone which isn't possible to do with the work account due to GDPR. So I have 2x 1TB available for i.e....
  3. Windows backup and sync settings is greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows backup and sync settings is greyed out: I'm using 2 accounts in my Windows 11. One work account and one private account so I can use 2 OneDrives. The private account is used to sync i.e. photos from my cell phone which isn't possible to do with the work account due to GDPR. So I have 2x 1TB available for i.e....
  4. When i signing into a microsoft account on my windows how do i change the settings from...

in Windows 10 Customization
    When i signing into a microsoft account on my windows how do i change the settings from...: When i signing into a microsoft account on my windows how do i change the settings from auto sign into microsoft apps to i choose because I cant remove the accuon if all apps can sign me in...
  5. When i signing into a microsoft account on my windows how do i change the settings from...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i signing into a microsoft account on my windows how do i change the settings from...: When i signing into a microsoft account on my windows how do i change the settings from auto sign into microsoft apps to i choose because I cant remove the accuon if all apps can sign me in...
  6. When i signing into a microsoft account on my windows how do i change the settings from...

7. Change sync settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change sync settings: In order to keep my 2 pc's separate, (win7 and win10) I read on this forum to change the sync settings. I log on as admin and go to ACCOUNT settings. The "change your sync settings" is grayed out. I also do not understand "manage my microsoft account" or "sign in with a local...
  8. How do I delete the backup and sync nag?

How do I delete the backup and sync nag?: I've tried the instructions here but haven't hit the correct procedure apparently. I visited the Google site, changed my MSFT password and have done whatever I can but continue to get the nag. How do I get rid of Google Drive and the backup and sync nag??? 117599
  9. Unable to sign in to Google Backup and Sync

Unable to sign in to Google Backup and Sync: Hello, I am having trouble logging in Google Backup and Sync on one particular Windows 10 PC in my house. It started around the April updates. All my other PCs could log in to Backup and Sync without problem, but my main PC cannot. I tried many methods (registry cleanup,...
  10. Change Windows Backup Settings in Window 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Windows Backup Settings in Window 10: How to: Change Windows Backup Settings in Window 10 How to Change Settings for Windows Backup in Windows 10 [img] Information The Backup and Restore (Windows 7) feature (aka: Windows Backup) was originally included in Windows 7. It was deprecated in Windows 8 and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after reinstall of microsoft jigsaw it did not sync with the cloud